Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

I did think him being away for a few weeks back in France and then the Maldives was odd for a player supposedly only weeks away from full fitness. I suspect he's not going to start outside training again until Feb and won't be available until March/April.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I did think him being away for a few weeks back in France and then the Maldives was odd for a player supposedly only weeks away from full fitness. I suspect he's not going to start outside training again until Feb and won't be available until March/April.

Which year?!! 

On 29/12/2021 at 15:39, An Away Move said:

I noticed it too. Looks like his thigh bones are rotated inwards. I always wondered if it might be bad news for him at some point. Some players just have postures that don’t look right. Knockaert is another. His lower back is very arched. Might give him jip when he’s older. 

This is a thing I sometimes consider in relation to Kel. He is slightly pigeon-toed with a sort of arse out hip alignment and awkward running style don't help his mobility, but interestingly he does generate tremendous power with little backlift, and those 2 things are partly a function of his frame and physique, imho.

Youri is another one who has a wide frame that helps create his strolling style of football. Beckham was another like that I remember, and also there was something funny about Dalgliesh and his ability to hold players of with his butt. I think there is a great book to be written about how great players maximise their physical traits, maybe it has already been done by someone.

I searched Dalgliesh and big arse, this is the first result, featuring Kel. lol

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-secret-science-of-having-a-massive-arse-in-football-82826

One thing I know about modern sport is that these footballers have top draw computerised gait analysis and the very finest custom orthotics, finely tuned to minimise the risks associated with their physique.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

To be fair Justin had a 'set back' imagine it happens a lot...

No need to rush him back just let him get back to fitness correctly 

It does. Just not every club chooses to mention it. Van Dijk was out for ten months with his injury when club and player collectively took the decision not rush to back in the spring.

30 minutes ago, majaco said:

I thought he was imperious against us in the last game.

Was poor judgement from him for the Lookman goal. He's so obsessed with refusing to let players potentially take him on that he often backs off with no awareness of what that might cause. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Was poor judgement from him for the Lookman goal. He's so obsessed with refusing to let players potentially take him on that he often backs off with no awareness of what that might cause. 

If he became available on a free, he would be a good addition. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Depends on what you mean by "outside training", this was from 2 months ago back in November...

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was covering the far post well and would have been fine had Alisson not let in the shot he should have saved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Contact training with the squad is well beyond running about a bit …..

In that case, was “contact” training really that difficult to specify? lol

Anyway, no player coming off serious injury leaves the gym and jumps into contact training outside on day one.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I thought he was covering the far post well and would have been fine had Alisson not let in the shot he should have saved.

Really? He backed off about 10 yards, enough that Lookman could curl it bottom corner either side and it's a likely goal. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really? He backed off about 10 yards, enough that Lookman could curl it bottom corner either side and it's a likely goal. 

Nah I think he's covering the far corner, fully expecting the shot to be saved. Not quite sure how Alisson didn't save it to be honest.

I'm not saying he's defending it perfectly, but I think he did what he set out to do.