Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see him play again. 

Well aware it may take him a while to get going again but to see him in a Leicester shirt kicking a ball about would be such a confidence boost for everyone. 

Hope we get to see him at his best while with us. My fear is that he goes in summer when we as fans would have only properly seen him in the stadiums for a very short amount of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

This makes me so happy.

Was gutted at the time he got injured but didn't realise or accept how big an impact it would have on our season. Don't think I've been more excited about seeing a player return or missed seeing a player so much. 

So glad he's close to returning, hopefully will play an under-23 game or two, and perhaps get some competitive action in the Europa Conference League before bringing him into the PL. 

His attitude is first class and has that winning mentality we need. 

• Like 1

I love this kid, love his attitude, love his hard work.  Desperate to have him back.

But I’m done with socials showing “small victories” in training.  It’s a tease.

Gets our hopes up for a near-miraculous recovery from a significant injury.  And we always get slammed back to earth by the simple fact, it takes months, and no, he’s not on the verge just yet.

I wish the club could / would just give us the straight truth on how much of a "normal" training regimen he can now do, and when he will most likely be near-enough to match fit to play.

Edited by KingsX

41 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I said this before when another video was released: where's everyone else? No wonder we are looking jaded and getting loads of injuries, no one else is training.

This may have gone over my head but...

Its an isolated rehab drill, one to one with who I imagine to be a physio or member of sport science staff. Not uncommon for it to be done at a different time or away from training. 

Going off this video of this drill alone it looks like he's still some way off, closed drill, controlled pace, pre-determined movements. Obviously it could be 5 seconds of a warm up before he went into something much further down the rehab process.

• Like 1

C'mon guys give the kid a break! He's making his way back from a monster injury something many players wouldn't even attempt to play again from. He is still young but he's got so much drive and passion. hHe personifies everything good about our foxes spirit. Many athletes will tell you half the battle to a full recovery is mental and I have no worries about that with him. I hope his body responds well and comes to back to near 100%. Of course it will take time he's not steve austin ffs! Let's be positive for him as that kind of energy will only help him. Reason why he's posting these videos is to receive some encouragement from ALL us fans not pessimism. Watch and see how he comes back and makes an instant impact. He will get better and better thru the season. Oh and no way in hell are we selling him to anyone. We don't need to and we don't want to so lets put that trash talk to bed now and move on. Yes other clubs will continue to sniff but let em. Go on lil Wes - power to you kid! :chant:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I cannot wait, he's just a beast. Youthful enthusiasm like Justin upon his return will hopefully see him confident to hit the ground running but we obviously need to temper expectations. 

I'm led to believe he's close to signing a new deal......

How many likes do you need to make it a certainty Ric ? :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

My fear is that he goes in summer when we as fans would have only properly seen him in the stadiums for a very short amount of time. 

He's not even played a full season with us, his price hasn't peaked, why on earth would we sell him in the summer?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Can't wait to see him play again. 

Well aware it may take him a while to get going again but to see him in a Leicester shirt kicking a ball about would be such a confidence boost for everyone. 

Hope we get to see him at his best while with us. My fear is that he goes in summer when we as fans would have only properly seen him in the stadiums for a very short amount of time. 

I don't see him going yet. No club he would move to as a step up from us is going to pay what we want for him when he's been out for the best part of year. He'll need a season to prove his fitness levels and he's not dropped a level.