Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

On 19/02/2022 at 19:31, Lesta2014 said:

Reckon he gets some 23s game time first like Justin did, believe 23s play Monday? Also like to think we learnt lesson from chucking Ricardo in an away European tie from last year. Burnley game is my prediction. 

He will probably be on the bench but against such a physical side as Burnley I’d give him another week of training and under 23s. I want him back for good in the words of take that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

I'd happily not play him at all this season if it means he's 100% for the next! Season is over anyway and there's no point risking him and potentially ruining a very promising career 

The league is over yeah but we can still do something in the Europa conference and maybe secure European football next year. If we had Fofana fit for April that would mean he mean he is available for the Quarters should we get there which gives us a massive boost.

If he's not coming back for a few weeks is this not a sign that we are managing his return sensibly and giving him time to be eased back in? 

Or is anything the staff do now not taken into account because or too many poor decisions in the past? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If he's not coming back for a few weeks is this not a sign that we are managing his return sensibly and giving him time to be eased back in? 

Or is anything the staff do now not taken into account because or too many poor decisions in the past? 

JJ was training for a while before he was "eased back in". I'll believe it when I see it, I've only seen evidence of Rodgers putting himself ahead of his players welfare so far.

• Like 2

He shouldn't be starting games, but as a centre back I'd imagine its difficult to get minutes from the bench. Only when we are chucking the extra centre back on when 'hanging' on and we don't want to give BR any other encouragement to do that. Unless we have the odd game when we're coasting to victory lol

Fofana will be an injury risk, whether he starts next week or next month. We need to avoid games in quick succession though and allow decent recovery time. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ask me again if we ask him to play 3 games in a week after his comeback.

Just seen the clip of him training with the lads, and the thing that stuck out to me straight away, was that he was alongside Soumare.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a huge upturn in form from Soumare now. I think it's pretty obvious Soumare's mood looks completely different to that in pre season where he was laughing and joking about , and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been linked to the fact he's missed Fofana, who is probably a huge part in how he integrates into the squad. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Just seen the clip of him training with the lads, and the thing that stuck out to me straight away, was that he was alongside Soumare.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a huge upturn in form from Soumare now. I think it's pretty obvious Soumare's mood looks completely different to that in pre season where he was laughing and joking about , and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been linked to the fact he's missed Fofana, who is probably a huge part in how he integrates into the squad. 

This is generally true

not sure you will see a huge upturn this season but next season we may see quite a different player …..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

I'd happily not play him at all this season if it means he's 100% for the next! Season is over anyway and there's no point risking him and potentially ruining a very promising career 

The season most definitely isn't over. We need to put at least 12 more points on the board. The way things have been going this year that may not be so easy.

• Like 1

Fofana's return hopefully give us a boost. Not only do we have an elite CB being integrated back into the first team picture (slowly and sensibly I hope!), I also think that having a player who walks into our starting 11 back will raise the levels of Amartey and Soyuncu. Big Dan has had some good games and some honking games, and Cags has been off his level all season - I am perhaps optimistically hoping this will focus them more as there is no a justifiable threat to their starting spot behind them, not just Vestergaard.

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've done my damnest not to get excited by seeing him return but I can't help it. All I ask for is he's allowed the time and conditioning to get back to full fitness and if he can help us along the way this season then great but I'd honestly rather him help us every other game and we still be dog mess without him than try and get him to piece together our defence on his own.

I’ve been counting down the days since Christmas. Actually this news is better than Christmas. 

• Haha 1

On 23/02/2022 at 13:06, st albans fox said:

This is generally true

not sure you will see a huge upturn this season but next season we may see quite a different player …..

If we end up with a different manager, we may also see him played in a different way which naturally suits his game, like the role he was in when he impressed at Lille. Having played for the French U16s, 17, 18, 19s and 21s, someone there clearly thinks he has talent. He's only just had his 22nd birthday, moved country and been put into a struggling Leicester City side whilst trying to get used to the pace and physicality of the Premiership and asked to do different things. No surprise that it's taking time. I'm sure he'd flourish elsewhere if not here. Don't be surprised when he turns up in a successful French national team in the future. 

• Like 2

On 23/02/2022 at 12:53, FoxyLeon said:

Laughing and joking in preseason? Soumare? His demeanor has always struck me as a bit miserable although he probably isn't. Just unfortunate body language perhaps. 

Next season will determine his future in the Premier League. I think we'll find out pretty soon.