Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

Just now, Supergray22 said:

Is there any concrete news on his return yet. I keep an eye but I haven’t seen anything of note recently. His return will be a big boost. We have to treat him carefully but just seeing him on the bench would be a big plus. 

No. My guess is they hope he can gain some minutes in U23 games a week on Sunday, and then the following Friday. Perhaps he might make the bench for Brentford, which is two weeks on Sunday. If he's come through the U23 games I'd do that to give him a psychological boost, and let's say we were in a comfortable position with 20 minutes left, bring him on. Then there is a two week break. Then, hopefully, when we resume in early April, he is in the MatchDay squad.

So let's hope he gets 45 minutes for the U23s a week on Sunday, then give him 60 minutes in the subsequent U23 games five days later. Simulating a normal pre-season. Absolutely no point throwing him in before then. You could have him on the bench for Rennes away a week on Thursday. Again, if we're comfortably ahead, or behind, with 20 minutes left we bring him on (5 subs in Europe).

This is all speculation on my part. But it's more fun than doing the work I should be doing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Is there any concrete news on his return yet. I keep an eye but I haven’t seen anything of note recently. His return will be a big boost. We have to treat him carefully but just seeing him on the bench would be a big plus. 

Might get an update today in the press conference. I assume still easing him in. Realistically, Man U game I would say.

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

No. My guess is they hope he can gain some minutes in U23 games a week on Sunday, and then the following Friday. Perhaps he might make the bench for Brentford, which is two weeks on Sunday. If he's come through the U23 games I'd do that to give him a psychological boost, and let's say we were in a comfortable position with 20 minutes left, bring him on. Then there is a two week break. Then, hopefully, when we resume in early April, he is in the MatchDay squad.

So let's hope he gets 45 minutes for the U23s a week on Sunday, then give him 60 minutes in the subsequent U23 games five days later. Simulating a normal pre-season. Absolutely no point throwing him in before then. You could have him on the bench for Rennes away a week on Thursday. Again, if we're comfortably ahead, or behind, with 20 minutes left we bring him on (5 subs in Europe).

This is all speculation on my part. But it's more fun than doing the work I should be doing

Thanks I know what you mean. Fridays are a write off for me. 

On 04/03/2022 at 11:36, Jabfox said:

Saw Little Wes out last night for food in the town he lives in, proper down to earth for his age. 

I know we don’t like Nottingham but “town” is a bit harsh lol 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brucey said:

Lil Wes hasn't even had his first game back from a bad injury, and has a 5 year extension already agreed? Surely we'd want to see him play in a couple competitive games first?

No way it’s perfect chance to get him signed up

Club will know how he has recovered which should be straightforward….

if he signs to 2027 we have one of the best defenders in the world on our books for 5 years…..he won’t be here 3 but we will get a ridiculous sum for him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Lil Wes hasn't even had his first game back from a bad injury, and has a 5 year extension already agreed? Surely we'd want to see him play in a couple competitive games first?

Let’s face it, he’s a success then he hits Van Dijk heights, if it doesn’t come off then we need up with same dollar as we always would

Have to anticipate niggly injuries he will pick up in his first games as that’s natural line tight hamstrings, calf’s etc plus any knocks from fouls and collisions all part of the game until he becomes match fit so In one game and out the next. Atleast that’s what we’ve seen with Ricardo, madders, JJ and others.

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

2027 📋🖊🤝

Imagine signing for that long he’d have a buyout clause…? Or am I being pessimistic? Imagine regardless he’d probably be the world’s most expensive defender if a team were to activate it

6 hours ago, FoxTrott said:

Imagine signing for that long he’d have a buyout clause…? Or am I being pessimistic? Imagine regardless he’d probably be the world’s most expensive defender if a team were to activate it

I’d hope we’ve learnt our lesson with that and there isn’t one! 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’d hope we’ve learnt our lesson with that and there isn’t one! 

Nicely set at £150m! ….. it wouldn’t be an issue.