Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I honestly think the cags and dan situation is settled and we have nothing to gain by risking fofana.  He should may be have 10mins. He should focus on August. 

I think that will be the plan. That said if he comes on and plays a blinder then he may force himself into the team. That is the way it works. Either way it is good news. 

18 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I honestly think the cags and dan situation is settled and we have nothing to gain by risking fofana.  He should may be have 10mins. He should focus on August. 

....we need to get the time on the pitch and match experience put to rest as soon as we can!!!

Do not want him to carry any thoughts in his head and waiting till next season to exorcise them. It is essential we know where he is at before the end of the season.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nick said:

Will hopefully play a part on Sunday, apparently.

Not.

never understood Brendan’s comment at the Rennes presser. 

he has covid - how can he play three days later (and having missed training after 7 months out! ) 

perhaps he meant he can carry the team kit if he’s tested negative…..

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not.

he has covid - how can he play three days later (and having missed training after 7 months out! ) 

Covid rules are very different these days. He could easily play 3 days later, but it’s probably not the best idea!

On 11/03/2022 at 07:13, foxinsocks said:

Fofana is our best defender, so I don’t see why you would write off this season for him when he is fit.

Edited by Viva

39 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Covid rules are very different these days. He could easily play 3 days later, but it’s probably not the best idea!

I know but PL protocols are not the same as govt ones and he must have been unable to train for at least wed/Thursday/Fri 

they are tested at least twice a week and he isn’t going to be positive for less than five days in total 

just thought it was an odd statement from Brendan on Wednesday unless he was referring to Rennes away as being the ‘next game’ ???

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not.

....you just get the feeling that the club is mitigating Rodgers influence and consigning him to certain aspects of the club!!!

Playing Fofana in the Arsenal game (knowing Rodgers he will start him) is such a strange thing to do. Let him come off the bench against Rennes, if we need to go to a back three, but he has been out for so long, one more week is not going to make a difference.

4 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Not sure what the protocols are now, but can’t see him playing on Sunday if he tested positive for Covid on Tuesday. 

Thought it was an odd comment from Rodgers that he might be involved, but let’s see. 

Rodgers said yesterday that he isn’t available 

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I know but PL protocols are not the same as govt ones and he must have been unable to train for at least wed/Thursday/Fri 

they are tested at least twice a week and he isn’t going to be positive for less than five days in total 

just thought it was an odd statement from Brendan on Wednesday unless he was referring to Rennes away as being the ‘next game’ ???

Oh definitely Rennes. Arsenal is not a big game.

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Because we have nothing to gain on the pl this season... if he gets reinjured it is all down side

I’m not willing to give up on the league and finish in the bottom half. I’m sure Rodgers isn’t either. If one of your best players is fit, you play him. Obviously I don’t mean every game for 90 mins though initially. 

24 minutes ago, Viva said:

I’m not willing to give up on the league and finish in the bottom half. I’m sure Rodgers isn’t either. If one of your best players is fit, you play him. Obviously I don’t mean every game for 90 mins though initially. 

I dont want to say I told I so... but we have a terrible record of those coming back having probs.. chags, ricardo, justin now vardy....

What can possible go wrong?

Edited by foxinsocks

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Because we have nothing to gain on the pl this season... if he gets reinjured it is all down side

well if he keeps on getting injured he can keep signing new contracts until he retires…

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Fofana improved?

“I think he will be better for it. He gained on his physicality, he’s filled out and done a lot of work off the field.

we are going to have to starting calling him Wes. 

SuperWes

African Superhero Stock Illustrations – 1,359 African Superhero Stock  Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

• Like 1