Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

I know it'll mean very little in the grand scheme of things but I'll be hugely disappointed if there's no statement from Nino or Villarreal following tonight's incident. At least they can save some face by doing so for what was an irrational, vengeful tackle.

• Like 4

Just now, StanSP said:

I know it'll mean very little in the grand scheme of things but I'll be hugely disappointed if there's no statement from Nino or Villarreal following tonight's incident. At least they can save some face by doing so for what was an irrational, vengeful tackle.

get ready for disappointment....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

It's so annoying as there was malice in the challenge, in a friendly.

there was 100% malice in it and you can see him drag the tackle out as long as possible 

he's a **** for doing it and needs to be punished, he didn't even look like he gave a shit 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, moseeds said:

Haven't felt so distraught in a long time. Could see Schmeicel consoling Amartey but I think that was because he himself was on the verge of tears after seeing the doctors crowd around Wes like they did around Eriksen during the Euros. Hell of a trigger. Wesley is only 20 so he'll recover fast. Hope he doesn't lose any of his adventurous spirit.

I think Amartey was getting flashbacks to his injury. My friend had an injury like that and it’s left her with PTSD. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I hope villareal get knocked out of the CL early doors so we can knock them out of the europa league and give a bit of pay back with little Wesley in the stand cheering on the boys. **** the yellow submarine.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, midland_red said:

get ready for disappointment....

Villareal are a very well run, family club that are the life of a small town. I’d be shocked if they said nothing. 

• Like 1

I don't give a fig about Villareals coming season but I wish there was a rule that the scum who caused it doesn't play again until Wes can. Unfortunately it gets forgotten, barely anyone saw the irony that Jordan Pickford played at the Euros whilst Van Dijk was still unable to play. That one was reckless, this one seems pre-meditated, if you do that on the street you're locked up. Can't believe that after escaping punishment they didn't honour ye olde pre season friendly law of subbing him immediately. And what kind of cold **** is he that he wanted to or was able to play on? It's just a 20 year old kids career and a clubs entire season you've screwed up there by trying to do what, win a ball in a friendly? I believe in maintaining your own high standards regardless of what you're faced with  but I would have looked at ending the game there and then, bring the team off, paying fans or not, for both the trauma and the risk of more, bearing in mind they kept him on and didn't acknowledge any wrongdoing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Considering Emery made comments recently about a tackle on one of his own players in a preseason game not being in thr spirit of the a friendly, you'd think they say something wouldn't you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

How can you not love a guy thats in possibly the most pain imaginable without passing out and his first thought is to get on his Insta stories.

Something special this lad. 

The gas and air may have helped…

Feel so much for him. I love so much about him, not only that he’s a fantastic player but he has the cocky fun filled swagger that a 20 year old should have on the cusp of adulthood, and looks like he’s enjoying every moment of it. Plus it looks like he gives great hugs, and now he needs one from us all. Seriously hoping the stretcher was a precaution and things aren’t as bad has we fear. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

How can you not love a guy thats in possibly the most pain imaginable without passing out and his first thought is to get on his Insta stories.

Something special this lad. 

Wants to let people know he's fine (as in, alive and functional) 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 1