Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Clement Lenglet

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

No a chance any of the clubs mentioned get him in my view, regular for Barca, who has played 39 CL games.

Scores goals too.

Can only see him going to a CL club.

There was talk of him being loaned to a PL club a few weeks ago to free up wages for Barca. But I don’t think the club was named. 

Hasn't he just had an absolute stinker of a season both for club and country? Or is that someone else? He was superb in Russia 2018 though, I seem to remember.

Edit: I was definitely thinking about Pavard being superb in 2018 but I'm pretty sure it's Lenglet who's been mentioned as having a poor season on a couple of podcasts I listen to.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Hasn't he just had an absolute stinker of a season both for club and country? Or is that someone else? He was superb in Russia 2018 though, I seem to remember.

I don’t watch them, but based on reading their fans stuff sometimes, there is certainly at least an element of their support who think he is trash and needs to go. But it’s Barca, they will have very high standards. The same fans also think Dembele and Coutinho are terrible, for example. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

He was good in the air for a short lad, not sure I'd want him as CB cover though. 

No do I.  Give frigging Benks a go.

56 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I don’t watch them, but based on reading their fans stuff sometimes, there is certainly at least an element of their support who think he is trash and needs to go. But it’s Barca, they will have very high standards. The same fans also think Dembele and Coutinho are terrible, for example. 

Yeah it's all relative isn't it. I do wonder about signing a 26-year-old CB from an elite club like that, though. He should be about to enter his peak years and he'll clearly see Leicester (and Everton and Roma for that matter) as a step down.

Either he's got the hunger, proves his worth and then agitates for a move in a year or two when he should be at his best, or he crashes, burns and falls completely off the radar.

Having said that there must be a player in there. Barcelona have had some absolutely monstrous CBs in their time so they must have seen something in him.

Also, Barca can't have been a great place to work in recent seasons with everything going on. As much as coaches will not want the behind-the-scenes shenanigans to affect the football side of things, inevitably some anxieties will seep through to the players, so maybe a fresh start à la Youri Tielemans could be the best thing for him.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Signing a retired 41 year old attacking mid for a CB slot would be a bold move indeed! 🤔 Lol

He would probably be quicker than 'Gary'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Don’t underestimate how good this would be, whether there’s Any truth is one thing. He’s struggled a little recently but that’s the exact kind of signing we like, someone with something to prove.

honestly best cb target this window

He has the potential to be a long term Evans replacement, if he genuinely wants to be here. 

A loan would also be great business and maybe would suit everyone involved. But if he does want to leave, I’d be tempted to buy if we can, they can’t command a good fee at the moment, everyone knows the mess they are in. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Don't underestimate the pressure of playing for Barca. He was solid for Sevilla who are obviously an excellent club. This would be a good signing in my opinion. Hopefully he would rediscover his confidence here.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Barca managed to offload this guy plus a couple of other high earners, could they then sign Messi, it’s hard to believe that isn’t their end game

Exactly. Their incentive is to get him out as quickly as possible, just to get rid of the wages, fees are more or less immaterial to them. Sounds like an ideal buyers market to me. 

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Barca managed to offload this guy plus a couple of other high earners, could they then sign Messi, it’s hard to believe that isn’t their end game

I don’t know if things have changed but wasn’t their finances so screwed they could even register the new players as it exceeded their salary cap

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Would they still be looking to sell lots of players now that Messi can't sign?

If I understand correctly, they've still not registered any of the signings they've made this summer because of their wage bill issues - Messi is a big chunk of that, but you've got players like Griezmann reported to be on the likes of £800k a week etc. They defo need to make sales.