Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Clement Lenglet

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think they would prefer to off load Umtiti, of all their center backs. He is on massive wages, and not in favour

I was thinking, re Lenglet - wouldn't any Barca be on massive wages, and might that be a problem for us?

16 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Would they still be looking to sell lots of players now that Messi can't sign?

Absolutely. They are in big financial trouble . This is the sort of player i would expect us to be in for. 

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

He has the potential to be a long term Evans replacement, if he genuinely wants to be here. 

A loan would also be great business and maybe would suit everyone involved. But if he does want to leave, I’d be tempted to buy if we can, they can’t command a good fee at the moment, everyone knows the mess they are in. 

If we could do the same as Under, option to buy, we may still have the money to look at another winger, again possibly on loan

2 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

If we could do the same as Under, option to buy, we may still have the money to look at another winger, again possibly on loan

I think Barca want him off there wage bill completely, so they be looking for sale

Edited by Danny280995

Season long loan would be a good move. Don't think he's a player we should sign long-term as he's not better than Fofana, Soyuncu or Evans and think that overall we could do better. 

Think Rodgers will give either Amartey or Benkovic a chance tomorrow and make a call based off their performances. Luckily the opposition is only Man City fresh with a new 100m signing! lol

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Would be happy with this, great experience and must be a decent leader. He captained Nancy before he went to Sevilla & I think has captained Barca a few times when Messi hasn't played. 

Yeah he is the cream of available CBs for us I reckon. Let’s see. 

• Like 1

Lenglet on a sensible wage would be a good signing. He's been out of his depth playing for Barca and France whenever I've seen him but he's obviously not terrible. 

Problem is, he's a mid table / top eight sort of player on Champions League wages who'd be taking a career step backwards. He's not going to come here for peanuts but he's not good enough for us to pay wedge. 

Would much rather something like that youngster on loan from Bayern, especially assuming Evans will be back playing soonish. 

Edited by Finnegan

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lenglet on a sensible wage would be a good signing. He's been out of his depth playing for Barca and France whenever I've seen him but he's obviously not terrible. 

Problem is, he's a mid table / top eight sort of player on Champions League wages who'd be taking a career step backwards. He's not going to come here for peanuts but he's not good enough for us to pay wedge. 

Would much rather something like that youngster on loan from Bayern, especially assuming Evans will be back playing soonish. 

Yeah we have to get this one right. It’s a question of their mentality and how much they would care coming here.

Obviously more to the Under situation but the way he just shipped out to Marseille for this season, loans can be dangerous for a player’s mentality. But then ‘we don’t have an endless pot of money’ 

Lenglet as much as he had a poor season last season would be a terrific signing. A far better player than the likes of Kabak who have been mentioned and unlike guys like Kabak I think he's someone who is arguably better than what is already at the club at CB, if he can rediscover his form of prior to last season.

I watched a lot of Barcelona last season and the guy basically had a crisis of confidence. If you watched their games he performed quite solidly in the main and then undone it a number of times by having a brain fart and selling a goal or getting sent off. This has only been the case last season and I think a fresh start would see him discover his old form. 

This would be a coup of a signing, he's entering his peak years now, he's a threat in both boxes and an international for one of the top international teams in the world. An absolute no brainer if he's up for the move.

• Thanks 1