Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Clement Lenglet

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lenglet on a sensible wage would be a good signing. He's been out of his depth playing for Barca and France whenever I've seen him but he's obviously not terrible. 

Problem is, he's a mid table / top eight sort of player on Champions League wages who'd be taking a career step backwards. He's not going to come here for peanuts but he's not good enough for us to pay wedge. 

Would much rather something like that youngster on loan from Bayern, especially assuming Evans will be back playing soonish. 

He had an excellent first season for them so that comment is a bit harsh, like I said he had a crisis of confidence last season that he didn't really recover from.

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Season long loan would be a good move. Don't think he's a player we should sign long-term as he's not better than Fofana, Soyuncu or Evans and think that overall we could do better. 

Think Rodgers will give either Amartey or Benkovic a chance tomorrow and make a call based off their performances. Luckily the opposition is only Man City fresh with a new 100m signing! lol

Fofana and Soyuncu could be better than him if they fulfil their potential but I'd say the Lenglet of his final season at Sevilla and first season at Barcelona is better than all three of the above currently. The risk of course is if he can recapture that form.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Fofana and Soyuncu could be better than him if they fulfil their potential but I'd say the Lenglet of his final season at Sevilla and first season at Barcelona is better than all three of the above currently. The risk of course is if he can recapture that form.

At only 26 he will be fine. New club fresh start under good management he will be fine.

• Like 1

A left footed centre back!

Ropey season at Barcelona, but to be fair the entire club was a mess compared to their usual standards

Yes it may be for Barcelona but his ball carrying and passing stats the past season are some of the best in the world for a centre back

Obviously not likely to have high defensive stats for a centre back playing for a very ball dominant side, but good to see how pressures the play a lot and will still tackle and intercept

image.png.7e762187bfc1e898610aa43d8cffdfe0.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Laporta is talking now, and it’s pretty clear it’s not going to be reversed, Messi is gone, and the club is still in financial trouble regardless. 

He said the finances were much worse than he was shown before he took over and following an audit they see they have no choice, the risk is too high and financial situation is dire. 

So Barca want him gone, like off their books completely, and their fans count him as one of the reasons Lord Messi had to leave. (Along with Umtiti, Pjanic, Sergei Roberto, etc, etc) and he is on the best part of 300k a week Don’t see in what world he would consider coming here unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

A left footed centre back!

Ropey season at Barcelona, but to be fair the entire club was a mess compared to their usual standards

Yes it may be for Barcelona but his ball carrying and passing stats the past season are some of the best in the world for a centre back

image.png.7e762187bfc1e898610aa43d8cffdfe0.png

Hahahahaa is that a posh way of saying he's a defender that doesn't defend? 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa is that a posh way of saying he's a defender that doesn't defend? 

I literally just updated my post haha

He plays for a very possession dominant Barcelona side, he isn't going to be doing A LOT of defending, look at Dias' stats for Man City

image.png.c8140b05532d5b0a951a57ee5bfae12c.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So Barca want him gone, like off their books completely, and their fans count him as one of the reasons Lord Messi had to leave. (Along with Umtiti, Pjanic, Sergei Roberto, etc, etc) and he is on the best part of 300k a week Don’t see in what world he would consider coming here unfortunately.

Lenglet isn’t on 300k. Less than 100k, if reports on his salary are accurate. Ranges between €50k-100 a week depending where you look.

Edited by FoxesWalk

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would be an unbelievable signing but just can't see how we could get it over the line. Always been very impressed when watching him in a defence that is always exposed and gets no protection anymore

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Lenglet isn’t on 300k. Less than 100k, if reports on his salary are accurate. Ranges between €50k-100 a week depending where you look.

Must have a pretty crap agent to only get at most £100k a week out of Barcelona, maybe we can get him for about £10k a week :ph34r:

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Hope you are right  (my estimate came from the Barca forum) and assuming you are then the question is would he be willing to come I guess

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hope you are right  (my estimate came from the Barca forum) and assuming you are then the question is would he be willing to come I guess

The most common number is €50-60k a week for 2021 season. But salary numbers are always untrustworthy IMO. 

Laporta just confirmed Barca is over the salary limit regardless of Messi contract. They must sell, and loan, and fast. Even now Messi is gone, and he is definitely gone. 

Edited by FoxesWalk