Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Clement Lenglet

I'd be buying this guy 10000%, provides Fofana and Soyuncu with that bit of experience and is a top quality player who can hold his place in the squad. Realistically, when Fofana returns from injury it's going to take time to come back to his current form... and who knows, probably get plucked up by a bigger club.

I think he will be immense, I don't consider Barcelona form as their expectations are significantly different to ours.

• Like 2

I honestly think Evans could be done or very limited as to how many games he will be able to play in future therefore this signing would make great sense, could be available and viable alternative to Tarky. I honestly think we were waiting for Tarky until he came free next season as Evans replacement but injury to Wes has meant we need to act now and look at different options. 

Lenglet and Richards would be great additions and give us good options and strength in depth at CB once Fofana returns from injury. Richards would also be the guy to step up if and when Cags and/or Wes inevitably move on. 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Lenglet as much as he had a poor season last season would be a terrific signing. A far better player than the likes of Kabak who have been mentioned and unlike guys like Kabak I think he's someone who is arguably better than what is already at the club at CB, if he can rediscover his form of prior to last season.

I watched a lot of Barcelona last season and the guy basically had a crisis of confidence. If you watched their games he performed quite solidly in the main and then undone it a number of times by having a brain fart and selling a goal or getting sent off. This has only been the case last season and I think a fresh start would see him discover his old form. 

This would be a coup of a signing, he's entering his peak years now, he's a threat in both boxes and an international for one of the top international teams in the world. An absolute no brainer if he's up for the move.

.. .haven't seen you around for sometime where have you been!!!

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I don’t watch them, but based on reading their fans stuff sometimes, there is certainly at least an element of their support who think he is trash and needs to go. But it’s Barca, they will have very high standards. The same fans also think Dembele and Coutinho are terrible, for example.

They’ve been terrible for Barca tbh.

If BHA think they are in with a chance then surely we will be good enough to be considered by Lenglet.  Given we can offer Europe (of a sort), wages to meet his expectation, Premiership, great training facilities and an exciting project, that limits the teams that could compete with us for his signature.

Looks like a very good option for us.  I agree with the comment above that I'd look with some scepticism at Brendan's projection for Evans's return date, and I'd also be concerned about how many games he'd cope with over the season.

Edited by deep blue
  • Like 1

Would honestly love this guy if there is any realistic chance of signing him!

Left footed centre back, a wealth of experience playing for a big team in a big league + champs league and international experience. Yes he may have come off the boil a little last season, but weight of expectation at Barca must be immense!

Hopefully would be able to slot in covering for little Wes in the short term, but also a potential long term successor to Evans (arguably even sooner depending on his current injury).

6 minutes ago, deep blue said:

If BHA think they are in with a chance then surely we will be good enough to be considered by Lenglet.  Given we can offer Europe (of a sort), wages to meet his expectation, Premiership, great training facilities and an exciting project, that limits the teams that could compete with us for his signature.

Looks like a very good option for us.  I agree with the comment above that I'd look with some scepticism at Brendan's projection for Evans's return date, and I'd also be concerned about how many games he'd cope with over the season.

BHA is 1000% delusional if they truly believe that.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

A left footed centre back!

Ropey season at Barcelona, but to be fair the entire club was a mess compared to their usual standards

Yes it may be for Barcelona but his ball carrying and passing stats the past season are some of the best in the world for a centre back

Obviously not likely to have high defensive stats for a centre back playing for a very ball dominant side, but good to see how pressures the play a lot and will still tackle and intercept

image.png.7e762187bfc1e898610aa43d8cffdfe0.png

FBref stats are possession adjusted 

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How dull are links to central defenders. Feel like I've got sleep apnea when I click on um.

After Wednesday, a new link with a 26 year old CB gives me the same rush as seeing a rumour about us signing a 19 year old left footed right winger from the Dutch Eerste Divisie I've never heard of.