Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Issa Diop

No chance. West Ham aren't selling players like that for fair prices to us with 2 years still on their contract.

Tarkowski with 1 year left is much more possible.

I do wonder whether Burnley think keeping him gives them a better chance of staying in the league though, which makes a potential £20m fee not really worth it. 

West Ham contract up 2023, with option of a further year. Spent the first half of last season on the bench for whatever reason but finished playing practically every game. So unless they want Diop bopped off I can't see it happening, especially as they're a rival to us; at least in their mind ;)

Truth is we will have a list of potential replacements for Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu, it is highly likely expectation would be that one or two may require replacing next summer and therefore the list of targets being reviewed currently are 12 months earlier than anticipated especially given the unexpected injury to Wes. In reality we don’t know the severity of the Evans injury and whether this is is going to severely restrict game time moving forward. 

I expect we are currently looking at both Evans and Fofana replacements with a view to bringing at least one in a year ahead of schedule, hence why players like Diop appear even though he has a couple to 3 years left on his contract. 

personally I think it will end up being Vestergard and/or Richards depending on how bad or risky Evans injury really is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Truth is we will have a list of potential replacements for Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu, it is highly likely expectation would be that one or two may require replacing next summer and therefore the list of targets being reviewed currently are 12 months earlier than anticipated especially given the unexpected injury to Wes. In reality we don’t know the severity of the Evans injury and whether this is is going to severely restrict game time moving forward. 

I expect we are currently looking at both Evans and Fofana replacements with a view to bringing at least one in a year ahead of schedule, hence why players like Diop appear even though he has a couple to 3 years left on his contract. 

personally I think it will end up being Vestergard and/or Richards depending on how bad or risky Evans injury really is. 

Id be happy with vestergard on a perm deal and richards on loan

56 minutes ago, Mint_Fox said:

Vestergard is awful, that Evergreen tanker could turn quicker than him. Please no.

But if he could block the opposition's path to our goal in the same way Evergreen did to the canal ...  :)

Edited by deep blue
  • Haha 3

Amartey was very good yesterday but history shows us he can't be trusted long term. 

We have three top drawer CB's but Fofana is written off for the foreseeable future and Evans might not be trusted to be fit long term when he's back.

Tarkowski seems one to target next season on a free and with Kabak going Sevilla maybe a cheap option in Cahill or Richards on loan seems an obvious move. Not a position we want to be spending £20m+ on.

• Like 1