Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes you'll find it hard to educate, the uneducated.

My worry is that they pass on their views and influence their children and so the cycle starts again.

This is the worrying thing.

As parents youd like to think you'll give your kid a good talking to or little clip around the ear if they do or say something  wrong.

However I feel the stone island Burberry wearing NF tattooed ex baby squad shaven headed bloke with his son, who just started booing the players taking the knee is actually quite proud of his offspring.

(Sorry I'm generalizing  about the attire!)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I can’t fathom why you would do something like that if i’m honest. Regardless of who the people were who did that, that behaviour is archaic, embarrassing, disgusting, uneducated and shows us how scummy some people can be. To direct racial hate towards anyone, let alone one of the greatest pundits in the country is disgraceful.

I’d love to say I was shocked by the behaviour of some fans yesterday however I wasn’t. There were some people off their nut, one bloke walked up the stairs to us, sat in the middle of the stairs and had thrown up all over himself, slurring his words stinking of booze. I went to the loo at half time, two lads went into a cubicle after me, obviously to sniff something. They must have been about 17. Walking up Wembley Way was great, but some bloke calling an old Man City fan a bald c*** whilst kids were walking all around. For no reason at all.  Seems some of our fans just use the game as secondary. 

We know the vast majority of us are fantastic, passionate and love the club, throughout the whole pandemic the one thing that’s united us is the football club. Watching the games every few days, chatting with all of you on here has been a constant that for many people in dark times has given them hope and companionship. We are a great group of fans, however there are a small number of fools that exist amongst the wide banner of ‘Leicester City fans.’ (Take the bloke wanting a selfie with Maddison yesterday, why would you bother doing that?) 

I hope they do identify these people who abused Ian Wright and Roy Keane, and they don’t just face bans in stadiums. We’ve seen it before how racial hatred on twitter directed towards the England lads resulted in people being sacked from work. It’s a sad comment on what was a brilliant day, however I just hope the club help and i’m sure they will to ensure justice occurs. 

👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NasPb said:

No room for this at all. It's am absolute embarrassment for the club and the majority of fans. Anyone trying to excuse this as okay or distract from the topic to talk about unrelated things is part of tje problem. 

Taking a knee against racism is being boo'd so I'm not surprised this has happened. Anyone who thinks it's okay is foolish. And anyone who's making up crazy conspiracy theories to hide their racism is even worse. 

We're leicester. One of the most diverse areas in all of Britain, with players from every corner of the globe and of various ethnic backgrounds. This shouldn't represent us. I'm embarrassed and i haven't even done anything. 

Solidarity with Ian. 

👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

0.1% is my approximate guess of the boos to taking the knee related to cultural Marxism.

You’re right. I’m putting energy into disproving something that even the people saying it must find stupid.

Lets call this as it is. Booing the knee is racist sympathising.

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

This is the worrying thing.

As parents youd like to think you'll give your kid a good talking to or little clip around the ear if they do or say something  wrong.

However I feel the stone island Burberry wearing NF tattooed ex baby squad shaven headed bloke with his son, who just started booing the players taking the knee is actually quite proud of his offspring.

(Sorry I'm generalizing  about the attire!)

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes you'll find it hard to educate, the uneducated.

My worry is that they pass on their views and influence their children and so the cycle starts again.

This is definitely the bigger picture. 

It's a different part of the same beast but like some on here know, I was brought up a Rangers fan. I went to the games with my Granda, his friend and my uncle. We travelled with a particular supporters group and all of them prided themselves on their dated and bigoted beliefs. So there I was at seven years old, clutching my prized Ulster scarf and copying the songs of all these grown men that I looked up to.

I was lucky enough to get out of that culture by educating MYSELF and as a result ended all associations with the club that breeds this mentality but many of my childhood friends and some cousins never did and now pass that same nonsense on to their children whilst I'm low-key hoping my kids never get interested in football in the first place, which is sad in itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Yeah but they’re not. 

Anyone who claims that multi millionaire footballers are secretly plotting a Marxist revolution and the dismantling of the family is a liar. 

They don’t boo the poppy and they don’t boo abide with me. Weirdly they do boo a small gesture of solidarity with the black community. 

👏

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Oh look, the part time Charlie's who can only get tickets to games like this have made complete twats of themselves..... Again. 

These morons actually think this is the way you are supposed to act at football. 

They haven't got a clue. 

Fortunately we won't be seeing them until the next big game that goes on general sale. 

Unfortunately we will see them fighting with the locals and smashing up bars when we travel in the Europa.

Ticket or no ticket they'll be there shaming club and country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

Unfortunately we will see them fighting with the locals and smashing up bars when we travel in the Europa.

Ticket or no ticket they'll be there shaming club and country.

Sadly there are morons everywhere and at every club, hopefully these were just day trippers and not actually Foxes supporters.

Edited by Dorkingfox

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

For those who rightly find this depressing, just always try to remember - They are a minority. We are the majority and as Ian Wright said, they do not represent Leicester fans. It's the same with those who boo players kneeling. The cheers of the majority will always drown them out. 

With that being said, the FA and Clubs must look at ways of identifying racist abuse at stadiums and banning those responsible for life. It surely cannot be that hard to have a team of people at the stadium who's only job is to detect morons shouting racist abuse and having them thrown out/banned. Invest the money FA ffs! 

I’d have thought that employing 100 undercover spotters with walkie talkies distributed in various parts of the ground, free ticket or something, would go a long way to solving the problem. I’d do it.

• Like 1

"Kick Racism out of Football"? We should have coined this in the 70s and 80s instead of turning a blind eye. As has been mentioned, if you didn't participate in the chants, you ignored it which is no different to tacit approval. It was ****ing abhorrent - and it was considered the norm. The clubs didn't act either, they let it fester - partly because it wasn't simply confined to the terraces - it was more deeply entrenched than that.

I remember occasionally watching Chelsea in the eighties (I lived across the water in Battersea). The NF were permitted to have a stand on match days on the concourse outside the bridge - small wonder that Paul Canoville used to be abused by his own fans during pre match warm up. Not hard to understand the ease at which Combat18 affiliation thrived amongst the hooligan element. In response, some members of the Independent Chelsea Supporters Club were violently targeted and assaulted for recognising the problem and daring to speak out. I don't believe in having a second club, (I've supported City since the age of nine), but I do have great affection for QPR who I used to watch regularly at home and like us at the time, were the perennial underdogs - not a plastic in sight. In the same borough as Chelsea, always seen as the poorer cousins, but the difference even then in the match day experience was pronounced. Probably owes to the much greater sense of community and belonging at the club and the intimacy of Loftus Road. 

As many have also said, I have never booed any individual at a football match - a VAR on-screen decision, perhaps - and of course goading opposing fans. Got flamed yesterday for calling out the very tired and predictable "you're shit aaaaaaaaahhhh" chant, which apparently is harmless fun. But when there are kids being encouraged to join in by their 'parents' and 'innocently' hurl abuse from behind the goal at the keeper - what message does it engender and where does it lead next when they discover alcohol?

Apologies, back to the point,  Football hooliganism was considered a very serious problem for the game throughout the 1970s and 1980s resulting in a series of radical changes in response. There were a number of statutory provisions that could be used against those involved in both the propagation of inflammatory racial material and racist chanting and the Football Offences Act 1991 was a long time coming - but the clubs should have acted sooner to cut out and purge this cancer from their terraces. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

"Kick Racism out of Football"? We should have coined this in the 70s and 80s instead of turning a blind eye. As has been mentioned, if you didn't participate in the chants, you ignored it which is no different to tacit approval. It was ****ing abhorrent - and it was considered the norm. The clubs didn't act either, they let it fester - partly because it wasn't simply confined to the terraces - it was more deeply entrenched than that.

I remember occasionally watching Chelsea in the eighties (I lived across the water in Battersea). The NF were permitted to have a stand on match days on the concourse outside the bridge - small wonder that Paul Canoville used to be abused by his own fans during pre match warm up. Not hard to understand the ease at which Combat18 affiliation thrived amongst the hooligan element. In response, some members of the Independent Chelsea Supporters Club were violently targeted and assaulted for recognising the problem and daring to speak out. I don't believe in having a second club, (I've supported City since the age of nine), but I do have great affection for QPR who I used to watch regularly at home and like us at the time, were the perennial underdogs - not a plastic in sight. In the same borough as Chelsea, always seen as the poorer cousins, but the difference even then in the match day experience was pronounced. Probably owes to the much greater sense of community and belonging at the club and the intimacy of Loftus Road. 

As many have said, I have never booed any individual at a football match - a VAR on-screen decision, perhaps - and of course goading opposing fans. Got flamed yesterday for calling out the very tired and predictable "you're shit aaaaaaaaahhhh" chant, which apparently is harmless fun. But when there are kids being encouraged to join in by their 'parents' and 'innocently' hurl abuse from behind the goal at the keeper - what message does it engender and where does it lead next when they discover alcohol?

Apologies, back to the point,  Football hooliganism was considered a very serious problem for the game throughout the 1970s and 1980s resulting in a series of radical changes in response. There were a number of statutory provisions that could be used against those involved in both the propagation of inflammatory racial material and racist chanting and the Football Offences Act 1991 was a long time coming - but the clubs should have acted sooner to cut out and purge this cancer from their terraces. 

Apart from the playing surface...

• Haha 3

The "it's Marxism and politics has no place in football" argument is a complete red herring.  If you oppose all politics in football, and the knee is an example of Marxist politics, then you should also oppose displays of capitalism in football which is the direct opposite of Marxism and just as political.

Transfer fees? Booooo!

Having to pay money for your pre match pint? Booooo! Get out of my game!

Club shop selling stuff? How dare you!

Top giving us free beer and cake is more Marxist and that gets lapped up, rightly so.

Identify and ban the lot of the racist knee-booing pond life for good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t support BLM™️ but I do support that Black Lives Matter, and now more than ever I do agree the need for a unity gesture. 
I agree those booing are racist, (I didn’t previously but I do now) and we have a massive problem. It’s either worse since the protests or more visible, most likely the latter.

I just don’t understand it and why it even exists, it’s a conscience thought to be this way surely? Why would anyone choose to hate someone and make misery for no good reason? It’s pathetic and they are spoiling there own lives as well as everyone else around them.

Good post mate. I don’t know either. I’ll be honest it took me moving out to the states to see active hate in action and by an agency that is there to protect others. I’m from a small south east town and growing up around people simply scared of multiculturalism starts to warp your perception as a kid, so since being abroad I’ve tried really hard to listen to others and understand their issues. Issues that are very real and can be overcome if people take them seriously, by bringing attention to them and having dialogue like this.

There was a wonderful post here yesterday talking about the impact of the pandemic and 18 months on, people forced to be online and shouting into their echo chambers. One of the things we can do to come out of this shit in a better way is to get back to listening to each other and fighting against archaic views and values. There’s still progress to be made and if you look back even 30 years to where we were, it’s clear humanity can change things. 

• Like 1