Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It'd probably do good if the players went to schools and talked to kids about discrimination. 

Just doing something. It's annoying being preached to by players that in the main are doing something because its seen as the right thing and easy to do. I'm fairly confident that its achieving absolutely nothing in the fight against racism. 

I suppose it's the insincerity of it all. Same as people that jump on a band wagon and change their profile pictures for 24 hours and start being preachy about a cause that theyve never spoke about before.

I'd back the players getting out there and talking to people. If they genuinely feel it's their place and responsibilty to help reduce discrimination. 

Also every single player taking the knee should be nowhere near next years world cup if they're sincerely against discrimination.

Someone got it right above though, theres no need to boo. Just stand in silence, roll your eyes if you must :D

I'd genuinely love to see the players making a proper effort rather than being told by the media team to read lines for a video or performing simple gestures that take no effort.

Imagine a little kid if Kasper came in and had a 5-10 minute chat with the classes. Thatd stick with them for life and if theyve got knuckle dragging parents stuck in the 80s, the kid may start to think "Ahh but Kasper said that's not right"

That reply got away from me a bit and I'm not even sure if I addressed you're question man, so sorry if I havent lol

So we’re boing them for not being anti racist enough?

These so called fans let us and the club down, there are always sections of a teams fanbase that does that. I have seen Leicester fans steal the free goody bags from fellow fans seats and others attack fans from visiting teams. I really think we all have to take responsibility and make these people known, so that the headlines are about the team and not this band of idiots. Rant over !!

• Like 1

Maybe it is worth pointing out that there was plenty of evidence of bad behaviour by our fans at Cardiff after Vichai died. It got glossed over then but now it seems pertinent to remember that these people always walk amongst us.

Edited by HighPeakFox

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Your just bumbling.

Get to the point,  if there is one.

My point is taking the knee isn't a solution. The goal of being anti racist is correct. But gestures like this in my opinion, just cause social tension. And they will never address the problem. 

• Like 1

Guest MarshallForEngland
1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Do you want to explain what you mean by this? Because you're looking like you're trying to find ways to back up your argument.

I mean, take Kel yesterday after his goal. Did he not get down on his knees to pray, as he does after all of his goals. Fofana was highlighted last season for being afforded a little extra time in games to take on fluid and food because of his full participation in Ramadan. 

If you can ignore certain things that seemingly do not bother you because they don't go against what you believe then how come you insist on highlighting an apparent link to a polictal movement that has long been severed?

I was very careful to at least partially answer this question in my comment so I'll put it here for context:

"I have no problem with people expressing their religious beliefs, but if a particular religious ritual became an established part of football I would feel a bit uneasy, even if those doing it said it was for a good cause. I'd feel even more uneasy if it became apparent that most players were simply not able to say no to it even if privately they didn't want to do it. "

I have absolutely no issue with individual players celebrating according to their own religious beliefs. I might find the idea of thanking the creator of the universe or a deceased relative for the goal you've just scored rather silly in some ways, but if that's what someone wants to do than it's their choice. If however even those players who did not subscribe to that religion were pressured into doing the same gesture, or if it became part of the pre-match ritual to the point where all players on both teams had to do it, and whoever was commentating listed some of the ideological tenets behind the gesture and those who disagreed with it were labelled as evil in some way, I think that would be too much. 

I believe that is what has happened with taking the knee; it's barely possible to even have a discussion about it without being accused of having transgressed some moral boundary, and I don't believe the majority of players are in a position to refuse to do it. And a lot of people believe the fact that such a gesture is considered necessary is itself questionable, because they observe that racism has already been universally rejected and society has reached a consensus about it. The existence of exceptions does not disprove this, anymore than the existence of violent crime disproves the general societal consensus against violence, for example. People don't want to be moralised to about how sinful they are by self-appointed moral authorities.

16 minutes ago, RichMC24 said:

Same old, same old… if you don’t agree with me, you are stupid.  

around and around we go.  

Many people on this thread are knee-taking enthusiasts shouting racist at anyone who questions it.  It’s not a debate. 

Most people booing the knee-taking are not knuckle dragging racists and are sick of being labelled as such.

Personally I don’t care for taking the knee, but I wouldn’t boo it.  

it’s not making anything better, it’s just stoking more and more division.  

Footballers taking the knee in solidarity against racism and equality whilst trying to qualify for a World Cup in Qatar is ridiculous.  

I can't stand this argument. There SHOULD be a division. I WANT there to be a division between me and people who feel it's OK to racially abuse other human beings. 

Now, I 100% agree that not everyone against taking the knee are racists. Obviously not BUT, all racists ARE against taking the knee. Are those the folk that you want unity with? 

Big fan of Ian Wright, he's always given us our due credit and love the enthusiasm he seems to have for the club. For some 'fans' to be throwing abuse at him makes me sick and the club needs to find out who they are and never let them attend a match again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

17v3l7.jpg.8a7ba874be303296d208c6ac7313b70d.jpg

What this thread reads like. Grow up.

Need a little bit more from you than this weak meme, mate. What’s your point and perspective on all this then?

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It'd probably do good if the players went to schools and talked to kids about discrimination. 

Just doing something. It's annoying being preached to by players that in the main are doing something because its seen as the right thing and easy to do. I'm fairly confident that its achieving absolutely nothing in the fight against racism. 

I suppose it's the insincerity of it all. Same as people that jump on a band wagon and change their profile pictures for 24 hours and start being preachy about a cause that theyve never spoke about before.

I'd back the players getting out there and talking to people. If they genuinely feel it's their place and responsibilty to help reduce discrimination. 

Also every single player taking the knee should be nowhere near next years world cup if they're sincerely against discrimination.

Someone got it right above though, theres no need to boo. Just stand in silence, roll your eyes if you must :D

I'd genuinely love to see the players making a proper effort rather than being told by the media team to read lines for a video or performing simple gestures that take no effort.

Imagine a little kid if Kasper came in and had a 5-10 minute chat with the classes. Thatd stick with them for life and if theyve got knuckle dragging parents stuck in the 80s, the kid may start to think "Ahh but Kasper said that's not right"

That reply got away from me a bit and I'm not even sure if I addressed you're question man, so sorry if I havent lol

So what your basically saying is ‘hey black players, go out and teach people why they shouldn’t be racist towards you because taking the knee is too much of an empty gesture’?.

People talk about the players taking the knee as if every team is made up of white players, with only white fans. Look who scored our winner yesterday? How can you try to suggest the players are essentially virtue signalling when we had 5 black players start for

us and 3 come off the bench? What point are they trying to prove to people?

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Or, to put it another way, ignorant people don't like being shown to be ignorant.

Because they’re too ignorant to acknowledge their own ignorance, an endless loop of stupidness. 

Edited by Itsthejoeker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

My point is taking the knee isn't a solution. The goal of being anti racist is correct. But gestures like this in my opinion, just cause social tension. And they will never address the problem. 

As I asked earlier, which no one yet has answered, WHATS YOUR ACTION PLAN??

WHATS YOUR PREVENTATIVE  ACTION FOR THIS ISSUE???..?

6 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

I was very careful to at least partially answer this question in my comment so I'll put it here for context:

"I have no problem with people expressing their religious beliefs, but if a particular religious ritual became an established part of football I would feel a bit uneasy, even if those doing it said it was for a good cause. I'd feel even more uneasy if it became apparent that most players were simply not able to say no to it even if privately they didn't want to do it. "

I have absolutely no issue with individual players celebrating according to their own religious beliefs. I might find the idea of thanking the creator of the universe or a deceased relative for the goal you've just scored rather silly in some ways, but if that's what someone wants to do than it's their choice. If however even those players who did not subscribe to that religion were pressured into doing the same gesture, or if it became part of the pre-match ritual to the point where all players on both teams had to do it, and whoever was commentating listed some of the ideological tenets behind the gesture and those who disagreed with it were labelled as evil in some way, I think that would be too much. 

I believe that is what has happened with taking the knee; it's barely possible to even have a discussion about it without being accused of having transgressed some moral boundary, and I don't believe the majority of players are in a position to refuse to do it. And a lot of people believe the fact that such a gesture is considered necessary is itself questionable, because they observe that racism has already been universally rejected and society has reached a consensus about it. The existence of exceptions does not disprove this, anymore than the existence of violent crime disproves the general societal consensus against violence, for example. People don't want to be moralised to about how sinful they are by self-appointed moral authorities.

But that’s the issue? If you take the players taking the knee personally, then you have some underlying issues that need to be addressed. Why would anyone have an issue with an anti-racism message when we clearly have an issue with racism in this country? How insecure can be? There’s a reason the majority of people applaud it after the boos.

• Like 1

Aside the booing of the knee issue. I just can’t believe that people would be racist to Ian Wright? I mean Ian Wright the ex England footballer who is probably one of the most patriotic men I’ve ever seen talk about the England national football team. You can see how proud he is to have represented England and what it means to him personally. Plus saying all that he’s also actually been one of the biggest neutral supporters of our club in the media for a long time. He always says how much he likes watching us play and how much respect he has for us a club. 

How can you even shout or mouth racist abuse to him?

• Like 3

Could ‘Cultural Marxism’ or ‘Race Communism’ sound anymore like ‘Jewish Bolshevism’? I’m not one to say ‘being right wing = fascist’ but blaming a cabal of shadowy figures allying with minority groups to subjugate the /British/ is exactly what NSDAP in Germany used to both incite racial hatred and make any political opinion left of the right look evil so he could easily root out and the urge political opponents. 

It seems like a very toxic ideology to allow into the British mainstream.

I’m not even going to try to explain how millionaire footballers who make a lot of money from a capitalist system would want to support a change into a Marxist system.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Aside the booing of the knee issue. I just can’t believe that people would be racist to Ian Wright? I mean Ian Wright the ex England footballer who is probably one of the most patriotic men I’ve ever seen talk about the England national football team. You can see how proud he is to have represented England and what it means to him personally. Plus saying all that he’s also actually been one of the biggest neutral supporters of our club in the media for a long time. He always says how much he likes watching us play and how much respect he has for us a club. 

How can you even shout or mouth racist abuse to him?

Because ignorance & stupidity know no bounds.