Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

2 minutes ago, flanimal said:

Some people see ideological subversion (or whatever you want to call it, 'wokeness', 'identity politics') as a serious threat, the thin end of the wedge. They will never cheer it on, if they think it's a disguise for something insidious.

Is that how you see it?

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

This is the biggest bunch of crap I’ve ever read. Wtf is “cultural Marxism” or “race communism”? What are you talking about? You have no idea  

Race Communism = the re-distribution of wealth, power and property along racial lines.

Ash Sarkar from Novara Media explained it as such. She writes for The Guardian.

Just now, flanimal said:

Race Communism = the re-distribution of wealth, power and property along racial lines.

Jesus Christ. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Players are sick of racism. They’ve been so f**king clear about what they’re doing. But you just want to keep ignoring them and making excuses for those morons.

I never made excuses for racial abuse, so watch what you're saying.

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Players are taking the knee for one thing and one thing only, as they say time and time again, you absolute melt. 

There's  no need to be rude, we're having a discussion.There's no need for petty insults.

I have no doubts the players are acting in good faith, I understand that. Racial justice is a noble pursuit.

But that doesn't mean some people have doubts about what's behind the BLM organisation.

Including this player, for one:
https://www.voice-online.co.uk/sport/football/2021/01/11/footballer-refuses-to-take-the-knee-as-he-has-his-doubts-over-black-lives-matter-campaign/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flanimal said:

Of course it's a Sargon video lol  I've watched a lot of his videos to 'try and listen to both sides' as you put it.  After years following him I can only conclude he's a clever orator who likes to teach so-called traditional values like misogyny and race realism.  Everything he says and does is specifically crafted to drag people into a world where everyone is against you and only a few special people like his viewers understand what's really going on.  Like a more quaint q-anon.  It's populism at it's finest.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Of course it's a Sargon video lol  I've watched a lot of his videos to 'try and listen to both sides' as you put it.  After years following him I can only conclude he's a clever orator who likes to teach so-called traditional values like misogyny and race realism.  Everything he says and does is specifically crafted to drag people into a world where everyone is against you and only a few special people like his viewers understand what's really going on.  Like a more quaint q-anon.  It's populism at it's finest.  

Well, I linked to that video to quote Ask Sarkar herself, with her own words.

25 minutes ago, flanimal said:

I never made excuses for racist abuse. Stop acting tough, and grow up.

If you think people rightfully calling out your nonsense is them acting tough, then you got way more problems than I thought. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flanimal said:

Well, I linked to that video to quote Ask Sarkar herself, with her own words.

Well if people are booing the kneeling because they take issue with a random talking head's take on 'woke culture' that they saw in a Sargon of Akkad video I guess it's alright then.  Fear of communism is more important than addressing actual problems.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, flanimal said:

I don't know what to think, that's why I try and listen to both sides.

Listening to both viewpoints is fine, in fact that's the way discourse should happen.

However, on this particular matter and a few others, it's reasonably evident that one doesn't have to listen for very long in order to make their minds up about the debate.

1) I dont think ANYONE can condone what Ian Wright described.  It is criminal.  FULL STOP.

2) I have never agreed with taking the knee.  There should be a unique gesture in English football that is not associated in any form with political organisations like BLM (I wont call it Black Lives Matter, because it's not just about that, is it?).  BUT I wouldn't boo it.

Point 2 doesnt make me racist, does it?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filthyfox said:

1) I dont think ANYONE can condone what Ian Wright described.  It is criminal.  FULL STOP.

2) I have never agreed with taking the knee.  There should be a unique gesture in English football that is not associated in any form with political organisations like BLM (I wont call it Black Lives Matter, because it's not just about that, is it?).  BUT I wouldn't boo it.

Point 2 doesnt make me racist, does it?

No but it makes you stubborn and kinda ignorant sounding. That’s the gesture, big deal. The players have been so clear, time and time again, about what they’re doing but it’s not good enough for you and what you want it to be. 

• Like 3

Don't know if it was just me but I felt like there was a higher percentage of our "dickhead" fans in attendance yesterday than usual. As others have said you end up feeling a little bit embarrassed of being associated with them. 

• Like 2