Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

What is it about football that gives people the platform to think they can behave in any manner they want? I do think these views represent the views of a really small minority. 

I think the idea of "banter" with opposition fans, players, pundits, etc., so often crosses the line and it shows just where we are as a society that racial slurs are still seen as a way of getting one over on the other party involved and the wider message that if you're of colour you're not as good. It's a shame that given what the city of Leicester represents that our own fans still hold views of elitism and that movements like black lives matter are still needed to demonstrate this wider message. 

• Like 1

It seems to me to be worse than 'just' racism - if that's possible. Judging by some of the anecdotal evidence being presented here, be it violence towards other Leicester fans, booing the knee, abusing famous people for their existence and so forth, what we have here is people feeling the need to sow hatred and divisiveness wherever they turn - anyone telling them (explicitly or tacitly) that their behaviour is appalling is fair game to them, and it would appear that they feel entirely justified in what they do.

I agree it needs standing up to, but it takes a lot of brave people to confront angry drunken thugs. And I would imagine we've all been faced with a moral conundrum at times in our lives, when discretion and not getting violently attacked were the highest priority at the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Don't know if it was just me but I felt like there was a higher percentage of our "dickhead" fans in attendance yesterday than usual. As others have said you end up feeling a little bit embarrassed of being associated with them. 

Agreed. People urinating in the sinks in the toilets. Minor compared to the booing and insults thrown at Wrighty, but still, loutish unnecessary behaviour 

I even cringe that we still boo Mahrez. Maybe after the first couple of games, but really we should be worshipping the ground he walks on.

On the other topic, if you’re using terms like cultural marxism or questioning the purposes of the BLM movement, you’re just finding excuses to justify your racist views. Open your mind. 

Hopefully these bin juice are identified and banned. 

• Like 4

I said on the way in and out of the game. Love going to watch my club. But the behaviour and attitude of some of the people that go is is disgraceful and definitely something I haven’t missed. It puts me off taking my children sometimes.

I just don’t understand, I never will I guess. What is wrong with people!

• Like 1

The problem we have that even on this forum with have the minority of "fans" who have a problem with things like the knee, making excuses like 'it has no meaning and it represents BLM and oh we should just stop it now let's not make it political' - either they are just not too smart or they have an issue with people sticking up for those who are being racially abused. Maybe admin need to do something about them first.. I'm don't want to be associated with them and them hide under 'freedom of speech and entitled to an opinion' stance. Go support another club or better yet don't follow football and stick to being a thug or educate yourself! Not wanting to get on my high horse but those people like the ones that abused Wrighty can simply do one! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, flanimal said:

I want to clarify something, that some people might find controversial (though that isn't my intention).

The fans "booing the knee" are not necessarily "hate-filled racists" like many in the media depict them.

"Taking a knee" has an unfortunate association to some of the Marxist elements in the BLM UK movement (who wanted to defund the police, and dismantle the nuclear family, if I remember rightly), and many people are not booing "racial justice", but what they see as insidious and divisive identity politics invading their sport, or a kind of "race communism" or "cultural Marxism".

I personally support FAIRNESS for ALL RACES, and have never booed a player in my life (I think it's unnecessary and vulgar).

I think most people taking the knee are doing so in good faith, and I support them doing it.

But to dismiss the people who are against it as "racists" isn't truthful, and turns what should be a gesture of respect into a politically divisive act.

It's got needlessly messy.

I agree, the rush to call anybody booing taking a knee is racist is unhelpful and just further entrenches closed minds.

What I will say however is that anybody booing taking a knee is an absolute ****ing cretin. Whatever your reasons for not agreeing with it, actively booing it: a) makes you look like a racist, b) alienates our players and probably a good proportion of our fans and c) will only succeed in prolonging its presence.

As for the Marxist connotations that is completely disingenuous. This is a statement about racial equality and basic human decency, not about political philosophy. The players could not have been clearer about that and the fact that they have had to explain it speaks to the dog whistling going on here.

Guest Cujek
3 hours ago, flanimal said:

I don't know what to think, that's why I try and listen to both sides.

You are on to a loser here dude, far far to many communists, disguised as liberals posting on this forum.

Taking the knee should stop, it's just making the problem worse.

Racism should stop it's dumb.

Racism won't stop by millionaires taking a knee and virtue signalling.

Racism stops when people stop seeing race as an identifier, we all one race, the human race.

Stop allowing the powers that be drive a wedge between by making stuff up that don't exist.

8 minutes ago, Cujek said:

You are on to a loser here dude, far far to many communists, disguised as liberals posting on this forum.

Taking the knee should stop, it's just making the problem worse.

Racism should stop it's dumb.

Racism won't stop by millionaires taking a knee and virtue signalling.

Racism stops when people stop seeing race as an identifier, we all one race, the human race.

Stop allowing the powers that be drive a wedge between by making stuff up that don't exist.

It’s making it worse because racists don’t like it and they are getting angry.

5 hours ago, flanimal said:

I want to clarify something, that some people might find controversial (though that isn't my intention).

The fans "booing the knee" are not necessarily "hate-filled racists" like many in the media depict them.

"Taking a knee" has an unfortunate association to some of the Marxist elements in the BLM UK movement (who wanted to defund the police, and dismantle the nuclear family, if I remember rightly), and many people are not booing "racial justice", but what they see as insidious and divisive identity politics invading their sport, or a kind of "race communism" or "cultural Marxism".

I personally support FAIRNESS for ALL RACES, and have never booed a player in my life (I think it's unnecessary and vulgar).

I think most people taking the knee are doing so in good faith, and I support them doing it.

But to dismiss the people who are against it as "racists" isn't truthful, and turns what should be a gesture of respect into a politically divisive act.

It's got needlessly messy.

Maybe people are against it for those reasons who are at the game. Though I’d argue/hope that the people that understand those reasons you put forward would be above booing a group of young men showing unity against lack of racial equality.

The boos make be cringe. I know I don’t do it personally but it makes me ashamed when you read “Leicester fans” as a statement followed by some horrible behaviour.

I’m sorry to Ian Wright and anyone that witnessed the issues. If you did witness it report the people if you know who they are.

adding this to emphasise my point. It just says Leicester fans. 

ADFAD659-6B71-4DA3-909E-0D2654C3CB5E.jpeg

Edited by teblin

Hopefully they are caught and banned for life from attending our games. 

Every club has a minority of absolute willy pullers in the stands, and they are sadly becoming more visible and audible despite only part filled stadiums. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

If there was ever a sign that taking a knee won't stop these dickheads then here it is, reminding them that racism is bad when clearly they already know it, but (to the shock of some) don't care.

The only answer is to arrest them and lock them up. 

To Ian Wright, thank you for understanding this is a minority, and full respect for outing these morons.

I do believe that calling everyone that boos racist is making the problem worse. Not everyone who boos is racist as such, but they are ignorant, uneducated and misinformed, and unfortunately, helping to mask those that are racist. Not everyone who boos is racist, but everyone who is racist will boo.

I for one would absolutely love it if there was a massively positive response to our players taking the knee next Saturday, before any boos can even be heard they're drowned out by cheers and applause. I can almost guarantee that anyone who thinks of booing for the reasons I've said above (as in they're misinformed, uneducated or just ignorant) wouldn't want to highlight their idiocy by trying to boo louder. And anyone who wants to boo because they're a racist moron will definitely keep their mouth shut

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

I’m so ashamed that I cannot bring myself to watch the video. 

Though I know all teams have some awful fan behaviour, I do fear we have a higher percentage. 

seen one guy post match walking in parts of the road en route to Wembley central

station aggressively goading Manchester City fans that were minding their own business.

The added point is these kind of “fans” are among us on the forum. Even

More worrying is I don’t believe a percentage, don’t even realise how poor their behaviour is.

That's because there are morons ,sorry but has to be said

• Like 1

Well this is a real kick in the knackers, I went to bed all jubilant with no knowledge of this and woke up to read about this shite. What is up with some people, even the most anti Leicester presenters shouldn’t receive abuse never mind racial abuse. Put a right hex on our achievement yesterday, I hope they find those responsible and ban them. 

• Thanks 1