Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

We really do have some knuckle  dragging fans who shouldn't be allowed out.

From booing the players taking the knee, ti just generally thinking being thick is something  to be proud of.

It will never change and I'm glad Wrighty has called them out.

The club should ban them for life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flanimal said:

I never made excuses for racist abuse. Stop acting tough, and grow up.

Ironic looking at your posts.

BLM is important.  It encompasses all lives matter.  There was never an OWLM official movement bit it was largely how the world was.  

What do we all know about Marxism?  Why do some people fear the idea so much?  It is one of many social constructs that have been suggested.  I don't know enough about it but I know that it sought to make things better for more people.

My guess is few players have read The Communist Manifesto.   I don't imagine that Pereira, Ndidi, Vardy and the rest of the players were competing to think of the best quotation from Marx and Engels while taking the knee.  Their thoughts were probably on the game; the gesture expresses solidarity with racial tolerance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, flanimal said:

I have no doubt the people who abused Ian Wright are racists, and I fully expect they booed the knee, because they oppose racial justice.

But SOME people boo the knee, because they see it as an act of subversion.

We have no way of knowing how many are racists, and how many are anti-Communists. To presume the majority ARE racists, is false.

Some people see ideological subversion (or whatever you want to call it, 'wokeness', 'identity politics') as a serious threat, the thin end of the wedge. They will never cheer it on, if they think it's a disguise for something insidious.

It’s also a way that the closet racists (some probably subconsciously racist) can vocalise their true feelings without threat of having to face consequences for being racist. As well as being a very cowardly way to express themselves. 

Subversion? None of the players taking the knee are supporting the same things as the BLM movement (regarding the police funding etc), they just want to be able to do their jobs without being racially abused.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Bet they booed the players kneeling for racial equality too, not that opposing racial equality makes you racist or anything…

Really really poor from our fans for any abuse towards the pudits, i struggle to see what it achieves.  It's quite pathetic.

The taking of the knee clearly isn't working though is it?  It seems only to be riling the very people it's trying to educate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Agreed. People urinating in the sinks in the toilets. Minor compared to the booing and insults thrown at Wrighty, but still, loutish unnecessary behaviour 

Controversial….

but the same “fans” that took in the outpouring of love from

the football community when Vichai passed. Yet act like absolute thugs now,  as time moves on.forgetting how we were treated in our most painful of times.

it absolutely disgust me, not just behaviour that was reported yesterday and that I’ve seen in away travel coaches and away games. But also the bile and vitriol posted on here to certain (gladly accept under performing players)

The malice, hate towards our players IMO needs to stop.

Sadly it won’t..

because some are entitled, they can say what they want when they want. Some ha e no idea how their behaviour comes across, as with the greatest of respect they have low IQ. Some want to feel part of a tribe and as such drop standards, from usual football

banter, to then overstepping the mark.

I detest these creatures 

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 2

Oh look, the part time Charlie's who can only get tickets to games like this have made complete twats of themselves..... Again. 

These morons actually think this is the way you are supposed to act at football. 

They haven't got a clue. 

Fortunately we won't be seeing them until the next big game that goes on general sale. 

• Like 2

Really shocking this, Ian Wright has been nothing but supportive of our club over the last few years and yet he receives abuse from our fans.

To hear him talk like that makes me disgusted that these people are associated with our club.

I witnessed some bits the other night against villareal, booing taking the knee and when they started moaning and rolling around, large sections start singing dirty Spanish etc. Back in the day it might have seemed a bit funny but now it's not really acceptable, people can't help what colour they are or where they come from.

All these people doing it just seemed to a bunch of young white pub going chavs that look as thick as! Unfortunately I think that is where the problem lies and also they take their abuse online too, they just think everything is a laugh and because there's a lot of them in a group or they sit behind a keyboard and they can get away with it. Shocking.

Roughly how many people are we talking about here? I'm just thinking what were the people around these morons doing? Obviously confrontation isn't for everything and many would've there with kids etc but I'd like to think if it was only a small group of bigots that somebody would say something 

20 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Really really poor from our fans for any abuse towards the pudits, i struggle to see what it achieves.  It's quite pathetic.

The taking of the knee clearly isn't working though is it?  It seems only to be riling the very people it's trying to educate.

Or you could see it as it is working and it's exposing the racists? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flanimal said:

I have no doubt the people who abused Ian Wright are racists, and I fully expect they booed the knee, because they oppose racial justice.

But SOME people boo the knee, because they see it as an act of subversion.

We have no way of knowing how many are racists, and how many are anti-Communists. To presume the majority ARE racists, is false.

Some people see ideological subversion (or whatever you want to call it, 'wokeness', 'identity politics') as a serious threat, the thin end of the wedge. They will never cheer it on, if they think it's a disguise for something insidious.

The majority of people I see booing the knee would struggle with velcro shoes. 

I see the odd person on my Facebook making comments against taking the knee and not one of them has any previous history of giving a flying shit about political statements or aren't intelligent enough to actually understand ideological thoughts. 

They are dumb, racist twats and so are the majority of those who boo the taking of the knee. 

Stop tolerating through excusing 

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TWUKO said:

Really shocking this, Ian Wright has been nothing but supportive of our club over the last few years and yet he receives abuse from our fans.

To hear him talk like that makes me disgusted that these people are associated with our club.

I witnessed some bits the other night against villareal, booing taking the knee and when they started moaning and rolling around, large sections start singing dirty Spanish etc. Back in the day it might have seemed a bit funny but now it's not really acceptable, people can't help what colour they are or where they come from.

All these people doing it just seemed to a bunch of young white pub going chavs that look as thick as! Unfortunately I think that is where the problem lies and also they take their abuse online too, they just think everything is a laugh and because there's a lot of them in a group or they sit behind a keyboard and they can get away with it. Shocking.

In the match thread or the fofana thread, I’m sure I read things like.

”punch the Spanish”….

can people not see how this comes across? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

1) I dont think ANYONE can condone what Ian Wright described.  It is criminal.  FULL STOP.

2) I have never agreed with taking the knee.  There should be a unique gesture in English football that is not associated in any form with political organisations like BLM (I wont call it Black Lives Matter, because it's not just about that, is it?).  BUT I wouldn't boo it.

Point 2 doesnt make me racist, does it?

BLM encompasses all lives matter.   

It is as important as feminism etc.   It is a movement that strives for equality.  For me, supporting BLM is about promoting equality.

The fact that people conflate BLM with Marxism is unsurprising as I believe Marxist principles promote equality.  Our society doesn't (e.g on a non-race point), state school pupils have about £4,500 spent on their education, private school pupils are likely to have at least £12,000 spent on theirs.).  

Ironically, the players taking the knee are highly paid beneficiaries of capitalism.  I think their gesture is of racial tolerance.  I doubt they are about to donate their money to Marxist organisations looking to bring about revolution.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I guess.  Something needs to be done with said racists though for it to have any effect?

I think that's the point and actually I have every faith that our club will do something. Wrighty also exposing them will help the cause. Our club is amazingly well run and I'd be suprised if they didn't also handle this very well. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Guybino said:

Find them, life time bans. Report to police.

Absolutely not welcome at our club or city. 

This is not who we are.

Agree with the sentiment but I'm guessing it'd be hard to pick out on cameras who the guilty people?