Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

1) I dont think ANYONE can condone what Ian Wright described.  It is criminal.  FULL STOP.

2) I have never agreed with taking the knee.  There should be a unique gesture in English football that is not associated in any form with political organisations like BLM (I wont call it Black Lives Matter, because it's not just about that, is it?).  BUT I wouldn't boo it.

Point 2 doesnt make me racist, does it?

BLM encompasses all lives matter.   

It is as important as feminism etc.   It is a movement that strives for equality.  For me, supporting BLM is about promoting equality.

The fact that people conflate BLM with Marxism is unsurprising as I believe Marxist principles promote equality.  Our society doesn't (e.g on a non-race point), state school pupils have about £4,500 spent on their education, private school pupils are likely to have at least £12,000 spent on theirs.).  

Ironically, the players taking the knee are highly paid beneficiaries of capitalism.  I think their gesture is of racial tolerance.  I doubt they are about to donate their money to Marxist organisations looking to bring about revolution.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Stating the obvious, but they purport to supporting LCFC - a club owned and run by a Thai family. Presumably, the same Thai nationality that they would have abused if they were just pundits

on the gantry yesterday or playing against us? Maybe some of them could come on here and explain their belief system? We could all type in words of one syllable to make it less daunting? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Really really poor from our fans for any abuse towards the pudits, i struggle to see what it achieves.  It's quite pathetic.

The taking of the knee clearly isn't working though is it?  It seems only to be riling the very people it's trying to educate.

I doubt you can educate them - note some on here, though thankfully a very small minority, still go on about 'political movements' and 'cultural Marxism' etc. despite being 'educated' about the purpose of the knee on many many occasions - so if it riles them so be it. Can't let them win.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think that's the point and actually I have every faith that our club will do something. Wrighty also exposing them will help the cause. Our club is amazingly well run and I'd be suprised if they didn't also handle this very well. 

Sounds like we are eventually headed for a social credit scoring sysytem where adhorent behaviour gets penilised and results in bans & fines.

There is an increasingly vocal minority at every club unfortunately, embolded by events outside of football, and Leicester is no exception. Faster they are rounded up and booted out of the game the better. These people are toxic.

Just take a look at the team these nobbers claim to support for a sparkling example of humanity. The club has assembled a sensational collection of people from all over the globe, and they do an amazing job against the odds again and again.

It’s a shame with all the commercial interests in the game the players can’t be more honest in the media, because even those who do speak hold their tongues impressively. 

• Like 2

I remember going to the Reebok stadium as a young boy when Uriah Rennie was the referee, i'll never forget this idiot behind me throwing a torrent a racial abuse at him for a decision he made.  It sent a shiver down my spine and my dad put his hands over my ears!  It can't keep happening generation after generation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The idiots behind me were clearly drunk Fin and blinding every minute of the game. Even my 9 year old son turned to me and said 'it's quite embarrassing isn't it dad, do they not know any other words?' at that point I was cringing. Football is now a family event for all. Thuggish, drunken behaviour should be left behind in the 80s. As for racism, it's tough for people who witness it to do anything besides report it. No-one with kids, elderly etc wants to confront a bunch of drunken yobs who have the brain capacity of a neanderthal if that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, majaco said:

It is irrelevant whether or not Ian Wright has made supportive comments about Leicester (even if it's appreciated)   I would still object of Danny Murphy was racially abused.

Of course, and I agree. But when you've had someone like Wright be so supportive of us and some of our players' journeys it really does make me question the intention of those fans going to Wembley for one main thing on their mind, and that one thing sadly wasn't football. 

If they're at the game and they're choosing to abuse someone, football isn't their priority. Football shouldn't be used as an excuse to air their views away from whatever goes on at their homes. 

It severely disappoints me we have these people 'supporting' the club. Abusing Wright in this manner (and Keane?) also means they feel the same way about all our other non-White or foreign players? I think it's okay to make that assumption? I'd genuinely love to question these imbeciles on their motivations for their actions. I can't comprehend it. 

I also like the fact the club have condemned it. Equally so that several comments straight away after Wright put up the video were in support of him. And that the knobs abusing him aren't representative of our club. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

There's just no real way of eradicating racism. If you're a racist you've clearly not got the mental capability to be educated to see the error of your ways. I'm not saying we shouldn't still try to tackle racism but ut does feel like a losing battle sadly

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

For those who rightly find this depressing, just always try to remember - They are a minority. We are the majority and as Ian Wright said, they do not represent Leicester fans. It's the same with those who boo players kneeling. The cheers of the majority will always drown them out. 

With that being said, the FA and Clubs must look at ways of identifying racist abuse at stadiums and banning those responsible for life. It surely cannot be that hard to have a team of people at the stadium who's only job is to detect morons shouting racist abuse and having them thrown out/banned. Invest the money FA ffs! 

It's heartening that those people are in the clear minority. What's depressing is that we're in a moment in our society where these people feel more emboldened to express their sickening sentiments than they did several years ago. But, it's also energising in the fight against them.

I completely support taking the knee if the players feel that it is an important and meaningful gesture. 

However, what I find interesting is that Flanimal has put forward considered and logical arguments as to why he defends people’s right to boo taking the knee and he has been called a melt and generally derided.

People do have the right to hold opinions as long as they are not in themselves hateful. The problem today is that people take the view that  if you don’t agree with ‘me’ you are sub-human. Engaging in sensible discussion is the way to reconcile differences of opinion, not just resorting to the mainstream opinion and saying everyone else is a knuckle-dragger.

As for the stuff with Ian Wright, hopefully it was a very small minority, but it’s genuinely disheartening to hear that our fans were acting like that.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

In the match thread or the fofana thread, I’m sure I read things like.

”punch the Spanish”….

can people not see how this comes across? 

Similar to a few on here who have said they don’t care about what was said to Keane! It’s fine not to like the bloke, I mean who does? But not condemning “Irish C*** on a post where you are standing up for what Ian Wright was subjected to is slightly concerning. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

People talk about education’ as if it’s the answer. Sadly the vast majority of those involved don’t want to be educated. It’s like a drug addict who want to get off - unless they are committed to it then they won’t achieve It. These people are beyond help but their kids need to be got to in order to stop the cycle. They are likely still open to ‘education’.  

Those of us who stood on the terraces in the late seventies and early eighties are not being honest with ourselves about this either.  When bananas were being chucked onto the pitch, when the crowd were singing ‘you black bast***’, what were we doing about it ? some of us were singing along and some were at best ignoring it but not opposing for fear of being singled out by ‘the mob’.   Thankfully times have changed and the majority of us were willing to be ‘educated’.  The type who embarrassed the club yesterday are those from that period (or their kids) who were beyond help.  It’s a dwindling amount but it’s a solid amount. I think legal redress (as in banning or public exposure) is the only way.  

Excellent post. I first watched City live in 1980 when I moved to Leicester. I was really shocked and appalled at the racist abuse given by a small, but not insignificant, number of home 'fans' to Larry May if he made a mistake. 

About 20 years ago I naively thought we'd got past all that. 

Imagine how Ricardo, Amartey, Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Iheanacho, Soumare, Daka, Justin, Mendy etc. must feel to hear the boos at the knee from their own 'supporters' or read about despicable knuckle draggers abusing Ian Wright. I can't imagine it. 

Throw the book at them. Ban them. They are a stain on our club, the city and society at large. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

There's just no real way of eradicating racism. If you're a racist you've clearly not got the mental capability to be educated to see the error of your ways. I'm not saying we shouldn't still try to tackle racism but ut does feel like a losing battle sadly

Yes but we can try and eliminate them from going to the same places and events that we do and let them retreat to the rock they crawled out of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Yes but we can try and eliminate them from going to the same places and events that we do and let them retreat to the rock they crawled out of. 

We can try but I feel like people are too frightened to confront these yobs

3 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I completely support taking the knee if the players feel that it is an important and meaningful gesture. 

However, what I find interesting is that Flanimal has put forward considered and logical arguments as to why he defends people’s right to boo taking the knee and he has been called a melt and generally derided.

People do have the right to hold opinions as long as they are not in themselves hateful. The problem today is that people take the view that  if you don’t agree with ‘me’ you are sub-human. Engaging in sensible discussion is the way to reconcile differences of opinion, not just resorting to the mainstream opinion and saying everyone else is a knuckle-dragger.

As for the stuff with Ian Wright, hopefully it was a very small minority, but it’s genuinely disheartening to hear that our fans were acting like that.

Considered and logical arguments? Bollocks are they. They are fallacious, dangerous nonsense often used to justify racist behaviour. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Of course, and I agree. But when you've had someone like Wright be so supportive of us and some of our players' journeys it really does make me question the intention of those fans going to Wembley for one main thing on their mind, and that one thing sadly wasn't football. 

If they're at the game and they're choosing to abuse someone, football isn't their priority. Football shouldn't be used as an excuse to air their views away from whatever goes on at their homes. 

It severely disappoints me we have these people 'supporting' the club. Abusing Wright in this manner (and Keane?) also means they feel the same way about all our other non-White or foreign players? I think it's okay to make that assumption? I'd genuinely love to question these imbeciles on their motivations for their actions. I can't comprehend it. 

I also like the fact the club have condemned it. Equally so that several comments straight away after Wright put up the video were in support of him. And that the knobs abusing him aren't representative of our club. 

You've got.me!  There is some relevance.

It is heartening on this forum, that there are so many fans willing to call out prejudice: be it racism, sexism, homophobia or any other.  If I was a Leicester knob or a Leicester imbecile as opposed to a Leicester fan, I'd complain about Marxist agendas!

In the modern game, how can any fan be a racist?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

We can try but I feel like people are too frightened to confront these yobs

But this is where the club, FA and police need to step in. If they wanted to they can check all the footage and identify the culprits. I really hope they do. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

But this is where the club, FA and police need to step in. If they wanted to they can check all the footage and identify the culprits. I really hope they do. 

Yeah they 100% should. Not really sure how surveillance works at large events but with the abuse being verbal wouldn't it be difficult to identify the culprits, at least from a legal standpoint?