Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah they 100% should. Not really sure how surveillance works at large events but with the abuse being verbal wouldn't it be difficult to identify the culprits, at least from a legal standpoint?

Surveillance at football stadiums is very easy. Cameras are high quality and I suspect its at top level at a stadium like Wembley. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Considered and logical arguments? Bollocks are they. They are fallacious, dangerous nonsense often used to justify racist behaviour. 

I’m sorry I don’t think booing taking the knee is in itself racist. I do agree with taking the knee.

You are the classic case of if you don’t agree with me you are bad. 

I have no more rep today but very heartening to see the vast vast majority on here are decent human beings seeking to eradicate the behaviour we sadly witnessed yesterday.

We have achieved much as a club on and off the field in recent years and we need to ensure that those achievements are in no way tarnished by the actions of a despicable minority. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah they 100% should. Not really sure how surveillance works at large events but with the abuse being verbal wouldn't it be difficult to identify the culprits, at least from a legal standpoint?

Very easy. Camera's are incredible and especially at places like Wembley. Would be quite easy to deduce what was being said. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

**** me how many times do people need to be told that the symbol of the players taking the knee in football is solely about highlighting the fight for equality and nothing more? All this bollocks about its stands for Communism or Marxist ideology is pathetic, most of the people I’ve seen raise this as an issue in day to day life can barely read let alone have critical thinking about a political or social construct. 

The people booing the act of taking the knee have no issue in celebrating Iheanacho scoring a penalty. If this applies to you, aren’t you embarrassed to be a walking contradiction? 

I'd love to actually ask one of our knuckle dragging fans who Boo the players taking the knee. Just why do you Boo???

I expect  thiugh that they will be too thick to string much of a sentence  together 

Edited by Raj

6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I want these people as far away from our club as possible. And, I'm sorry, but the same goes for those booing the taking of the knee.

Bang on.

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

People talk about education’ as if it’s the answer. Sadly the vast majority of those involved don’t want to be educated. It’s like a drug addict who want to get off - unless they are committed to it then they won’t achieve It. These people are beyond help but their kids need to be got to in order to stop the cycle. They are likely still open to ‘education’.  

Those of us who stood on the terraces in the late seventies and early eighties are not being honest with ourselves about this either.  When bananas were being chucked onto the pitch, when the crowd were singing ‘you black bast***’, what were we doing about it ? some of us were singing along and some were at best ignoring it but not opposing for fear of being singled out by ‘the mob’.   Thankfully times have changed and the majority of us were willing to be ‘educated’.  The type who embarrassed the club yesterday are those from that period (or their kids) who were beyond help.  It’s a dwindling amount but it’s a solid amount. I think legal redress (as in banning or public exposure) is the only way.  

It’s about educating the coming generations and not the knuckleheads. They just get shamed and moved into the shadows more and more.

A few opinions to add to the subjects covered in this thread... 

1, the whole "Not everyone who boos the knee is racist". Why not? If everyone who booed it for any other alternative motive just stopped then the only people left booing WOULD be the racists and we could identify them and stamp them out of our game. They are just muddying the waters and lending the actual bigots support of numbers. 

2, I don't understand how incidents like the one Wrighty experienced still happen. 95% of the people in that stadium, including those around the actual incident have the ability to record what actually happened. If everyone engulfing those animals had recorded them then identifying them and banning them from every stadium in the country would be almost instant but unfortunately, we live in this culture where even if you report someone doing something vile, it's YOU who is in the wrong. This mindset needs to change. 

We can't educate these people. We can't get them to see sence but what we CAN do as a fanbase and a culture in general is ensure that these cretins know that if they behave like that, they WILL be caught! 

• Like 1

I had started to naively believe that we might be the only club who don’t have racist is idiots for fans. But it seems I was wrong. If you booed the players taking the knee you’re a tw*t and we don’t want you down the KP. If you abused Ian Wright you need to be arrested. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

A few opinions to add to the subjects covered in this thread... 

1, the whole "Not everyone who boos the knee is racist". Why not? If everyone who booed it for any other alternative motive just stopped then the only people left booing WOULD be the racists and we could identify them and stamp them out of our game. They are just muddying the waters and lending the actual bigots support of numbers. 

2, I don't understand how incidents like the one Wrighty experienced still happen. 95% of the people in that stadium, including those around the actual incident have the ability to record what actually happened. If everyone engulfing those animals had recorded them then identifying them and banning them from every stadium in the country would be almost instant but unfortunately, we live in this culture where even if you report someone doing something vile, it's YOU who is in the wrong. This mindset needs to change. 

We can't educate these people. We can't get them to see sence but what we CAN do as a fanbase and a culture in general is ensure that these cretins know that if they behave like that, they WILL be caught! 

:appl:

1 minute ago, Raj said:

I'd love to actually ask one of our knuckle dragging fans who Boo the players taking the knee. Just why do you Boo???

I expect  thiugh that they will be too thick to string much of a sentence  together 

They don’t tolerate the Marxist ideology of BLM and the symbolism of taking the knee that’s linked to it. Just don’t ask them what parts of marxism they don’t like.

• Like 1

Not a shock given the homophobic chanting I heard at Burton. Been a strong pre-season for the knuckle dragging wing of the fan base. Identify these cretins and ban them, it's despicable behaviour at a human level and more locally it drags our excellent club's reputation through the mud. These people are children doing it for a reaction, they know its wrong so education is wasted on them, to continue the child analogy, take away their toys. 

With respect to the cringey “justifications“ for booing taking the knee, how low do you have to be to boo someone making a non-violent protest?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’m sorry I don’t think booing taking the knee is in itself racist. I do agree with taking the knee.

You are the classic case of if you don’t agree with me you are bad. 

The problem here is that those who are straight racists and booing for that reason feel emboldened by those who are booing with them …. Why boo ?  Just write a letter to the mockery if it irks you. 
keep your mouth shut - it’s for the best !

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

1) I dont think ANYONE can condone what Ian Wright described.  It is criminal.  FULL STOP.

2) I have never agreed with taking the knee.  There should be a unique gesture in English football that is not associated in any form with political organisations like BLM (I wont call it Black Lives Matter, because it's not just about that, is it?).  BUT I wouldn't boo it.

Point 2 doesnt make me racist, does it?

Point 2 doesn't, no. But I honestly don't think it matters what gesture is made. There will be commentators on both sides of the argument that conflate it with other things. Those on the extreme left may try to piggy back on a popular gesture to further their cause and those on the extreme right will do the same to try to devalue it and claim that anti-racists want to destroy Western society.

The players have been very clear on what the gesture represents to them. All the other noise around it shouldn't matter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

They don’t tolerate the Marxist ideology of BLM and the symbolism of taking the knee that’s linked to it. Just don’t ask them what parts of marxism they don’t like.

Oh yeah of course because they know ALL about the Marxist ideology of the BLM???

They must have this as bed time reading next to Peter and Jane(You might be too young to know the later!!!)

Guest MarshallForEngland
16 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

**** me how many times do people need to be told that the symbol of the players taking the knee in football is solely about highlighting the fight for equality and nothing more? All this bollocks about its stands for Communism or Marxist ideology is pathetic, most of the people I’ve seen raise this as an issue in day to day life can barely read let alone have critical thinking about a political or social construct. 

The people booing the act of taking the knee have no issue in celebrating Iheanacho scoring a penalty. If this applies to you, aren’t you embarrassed to be a walking contradiction? 

Please entertain the idea that in the minds of those you disagree with, this is not the unresolvable paradox you claim it is. There are two reasons why it might appear to you to be a contradiction:

1. The people booing taking the knee are both racist against and supportive of non-white players simultaneously

2. You have wrongly assumed at least one of those to be true when it fact it's not

I believe that the second option is much more likely. The people you dismiss as illiterate and incapable of critical thought are, generally speaking, not the foaming-at-the-mouth racists you believe they are. They either don't like politics in football regardless of the message, or they disagree that such a gesture is necessary given the general societal consensus we have reached regarding racism, or they disagree with the submissive nature of taking the knee, or they believe this is the thin end of an ideological wedge and they do not want to see taking over football, or one or more of a hundred other possible reasons.

The fact that they haven't read Das Kapital is absolutely irrelevant. One of the biggest problems with this ideology and those related to it (I'm talking about the current Social Justice / CRT movements) is that it uses complex language and a veneer of academic credibility to dress up belief as knowledge, so when somebody disagrees with a proponent of the ideology, they can be dismissed as ignorant and ill-educated. This is especially effective against people who haven't been to university or who are not well-versed in the jargon of the ideology they wish to reject. The arrogant dismissal of anybody who disagrees with the orthodoxy as ignorant, knuckle-dragging, thuggish, illiterate barbarians is unfortunately quite common on this forum.

Edited by MarshallForEngland