Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eblair

Ian Wright abuse today

5 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I really hope that these fans are season ticket holders or members at least, I hope that LCFC are able to identify these muppets from the seats they had and ban them for life. We don’t need idiots in our fan base and losing their season tickets would hopefully give normal fans chance of a season ticket 

Why do you hope they were season ticket holder’s ? 

A poster further up the page is saying they weren’t even Leicester fans, surely it’s better for the club if they can be identified as people or aren’t associated with Leicester city 

Guest MarshallForEngland
1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

“They either don't like politics in football regardless of the message, or they disagree that such a gesture is necessary given the general societal consensus we have reached regarding racism, or they disagree with the submissive nature of taking the knee, or they believe this is the thin end of an ideological wedge and they do not want to see taking over football, or one or more of a hundred other possible reasons.”

1) Racism isn’t a “political” issue, it’s an issue of whether you are a decent human being. The level of pigmentation in someone’s skin doesn’t impact on who they are as a person. 

2) “They disagree with the submissive nature of taking the knee”.

No one is asking people to take the knee, why does a football fan care if our players choose to take the knee? The players are of strong enough character to understand that it’s not a “submissive” act. It’s an act of empowerment. We all stand together irrespective of skin colour and we all kneel together irrespective of skin colour. It’s really not a hard concept to understand. 

"Racism isn’t a “political” issue, it’s an issue of whether you are a decent human being"

Perhaps those who are booing can't or choose not to split that hair. In any case, none of us should presume to have the moral authority to decide who is a "decent human being" and who isn't. You appear to see yourself as a good guy representing the side of good guys, and those who don't agree with you as the bad guys. It means that any new information has to be squashed and squeezed into your existing idea about the nature of the discussion, rather than your current view of the situation adapting to incorporate new information.

"The level of pigmentation in someone’s skin doesn’t impact on who they are as a person. "

Exactly! And thankfully society has reached a general consensus about this already. Racism is universally condemned, and the MLK doctrine of content-of-character over colour-of-skin is accepted as the only fair and reasonable way to operate. So that should tell you something  - either all of those booing taking the knee have wholesale rejected this consensus and believe that pigmentation of someone's skin IS important, or there's some other reason why they are booing the taking of the knee. The existence of people saying racist things, or indeed people who can definitely be described as racists, does not disprove the claim that society has reached a general consensus on this topic. If you try that logic with anything else, it sounds ridiculous: there is no queue etiquette in Great Britain because people often cut in front of me at the bus stop; this country is systemically tolerant of theft because I know lots of people whose houses have been burgled; we are a nation of discourteous drivers because I always see people getting cut up on the roads. This is not a reasonable way to think.

"No one is asking people to take the knee, why does a football fan care if our players choose to take the knee? The players are of strong enough character to understand that it’s not a “submissive” act. It’s an act of empowerment. We all stand together irrespective of skin colour and we all kneel together irrespective of skin colour. It’s really not a hard concept to understand. "

I don't believe people disagree with you because they find the concept "hard to understand". People have a lot of emotional investment in their football teams; if they care about them scoring or playing well etc, they care about them getting on their knees. I don't doubt that there are actually plenty of players who don't want to take the knee but are terrified of being called racist and goodness knows what else.

3 hours ago, Tazfox said:

Don't know if it was just me but I felt like there was a higher percentage of our "dickhead" fans in attendance yesterday than usual. As others have said you end up feeling a little bit embarrassed of being associated with them. 

Because anyone could easily get a ticket, so all the inbred scum from the deepest darkest depths of the East Midlands were there.

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Why do you hope they were season ticket holder’s ? 

A poster further up the page is saying they weren’t even Leicester fans, surely it’s better for the club if they can be identified as people or aren’t associated with Leicester city 

I think it was more, IF they are Leicester fans, let’s hope they are season tickets holders because banning them would hit them hard. 

27 minutes ago, stourbridgefox said:

I believe we were four rows behind the people who did this.

My wife pointed out an altercation in front of us. Previously I had thought it was three lads shouting to their friends in the tier below. They were also collecting clappers and flags and throwing them into the stand below.

These lads did not have any Leicester paraphernalia and had broad London accents. There were many people fitting this description in our stand and most were roaring drunk. I have found out since that Brent Council made tickets available to local residents. 

One of them began to push an old man, probably in his 60s. A younger man with a child intervened. It turned out it was dad, son and grandson. One of the lads was pushing at the younger man who was still holding the hand of his child. Despite the provocative he walked away, receiving abuse the whole way, and told a steward. 

The steward, a young Asian lad, looked frightened but told the lads to leave. One particular lad, he appeared to be the ringleader, got in the steward's face and was intimidating the steward by dancing and waving his arms in front of him. They then left.

When we left, we saw the old man and asked him if he was OK. He said he was but told us that he told these lads off for throwing things at 'Emile Heskey and Roy Keane'. This is why the pushing and shoving started. I believe he had miss-identified Ian Wright.

My wife has already reported this to the club and joined Twitter just to try to contact Ian Wright. 

The bottom line is - they were almost certainly not Leicester fans.

Need to contact our club too, let them deal with the relevant authorities.

I've sent this to my mate who works at the club too.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, stourbridgefox said:

I believe we were four rows behind the people who did this.

My wife pointed out an altercation in front of us. Previously I had thought it was three lads shouting to their friends in the tier below. They were also collecting clappers and flags and throwing them into the stand below.

These lads did not have any Leicester paraphernalia and had broad London accents. There were many people fitting this description in our stand and most were roaring drunk. I have found out since that Brent Council made tickets available to local residents. 

One of them began to push an old man, probably in his 60s. A younger man with a child intervened. It turned out it was dad, son and grandson. One of the lads was pushing at the younger man who was still holding the hand of his child. Despite the provocative he walked away, receiving abuse the whole way, and told a steward. 

The steward, a young Asian lad, looked frightened but told the lads to leave. One particular lad, he appeared to be the ringleader, got in the steward's face and was intimidating the steward by dancing and waving his arms in front of him. They then left.

When we left, we saw the old man and asked him if he was OK. He said he was but told us that he told these lads off for throwing things at 'Emile Heskey and Roy Keane'. This is why the pushing and shoving started. I believe he had miss-identified Ian Wright.

My wife has already reported this to the club and joined Twitter just to try to contact Ian Wright. 

The bottom line is - they were almost certainly not Leicester fans.

im not convinced they were not leicester fans, i think most of us who have been to away games have seen some pretty nasty tendencies, seems pretty odd they would have chosen to rock up in the middle of the leicester end

i was at the wycombe game and there were group of 30 fans who booed the players taking the knee and behaved like pricks the entire game

Guest Mee-9

I can’t fathom why you would do something like that if i’m honest. Regardless of who the people were who did that, that behaviour is archaic, embarrassing, disgusting, uneducated and shows us how scummy some people can be. To direct racial hate towards anyone, let alone one of the greatest pundits in the country is disgraceful.

I’d love to say I was shocked by the behaviour of some fans yesterday however I wasn’t. There were some people off their nut, one bloke walked up the stairs to us, sat in the middle of the stairs and had thrown up all over himself, slurring his words stinking of booze. I went to the loo at half time, two lads went into a cubicle after me, obviously to sniff something. They must have been about 17. Walking up Wembley Way was great, but some bloke calling an old Man City fan a bald c*** whilst kids were walking all around. For no reason at all.  Seems some of our fans just use the game as secondary. 

We know the vast majority of us are fantastic, passionate and love the club, throughout the whole pandemic the one thing that’s united us is the football club. Watching the games every few days, chatting with all of you on here has been a constant that for many people in dark times has given them hope and companionship. We are a great group of fans, however there are a small number of fools that exist amongst the wide banner of ‘Leicester City fans.’ (Take the bloke wanting a selfie with Maddison yesterday, why would you bother doing that?) 

I hope they do identify these people who abused Ian Wright and Roy Keane, and they don’t just face bans in stadiums. We’ve seen it before how racial hatred on twitter directed towards the England lads resulted in people being sacked from work. It’s a sad comment on what was a brilliant day, however I just hope the club help and i’m sure they will to ensure justice occurs. 

Sorry but those who boo the knee now really are either one of two things now - stupid or racist.

I was prepared to give some the benefit of the doubt as there might have been times about 12 months where some people might have got mixed up with Marxism (mostly seemingly without knowing what it is). But now it’s just stupidity or worse.

Racists will always be against anti-racism gestures. They booed Kaepernik for taking the knee and that was even before BLM took it up and it could even be considered a political gesture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eblair said:

im not convinced they were not leicester fans, i think most of us who have been to away games have seen some pretty nasty tendencies, seems pretty odd they would have chosen to rock up in the middle of the leicester end

i was at the wycombe game and there were group of 30 fans who booed the players taking the knee and behaved like pricks the entire game

100%. I think if we’re all being honest, this could easily be Leicester fans. I seen loads of dickheads yesterday. Lads who couldn’t even wait 45 mins to top up on beer so therefore had to sneak a bottle into the stands. Embarrassing 

Guest MarshallForEngland
21 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm sorry but we keep hearing the same drivel. Fact is that the players themselves have said its because they are tired of the racist abuse they receive and this is why they are doing it. If you don't support that then forget all the other excuses. Just don't boo. You don't have to clap but just don't boo. 

How else can ordinary people voice their disagreement? Or in your football utopia, is disagreeing not permitted? I think fans have a right to make it clear that they are tired of being spoken down to and pontificated to by sanctimonious elites, or that they reject the idea that there exists a problem big enough to warrant such a gesture, or that they are worried that there are many players who do not want to take the knee but simply cannot say so for fear of what the response might be, or that they recognise that the initial links between that particular gesture and the BLM organisation cannot be ignored or forgotten, or that they do not want this Social Justice ideology to invade football like it has invaded many other areas of society. In your world, everyone has to shut up, nod and agree, is that it?

I’ve seen and heard plenty of racist and homophobic abuse in our away ends to know this goes on. Some people are just complete wastes of space to be honest.

No point pretending they weren’t Leicester fans

Guest MarshallForEngland
Just now, Raj said:

What a load of bo11ox.

Please select particular claims and refute them. I am open to all alternative views and do not have the certainty that some here appear to have. Please tell me exactly where I have gone wrong.

1 minute ago, MarshallForEngland said:

I think fans have a right to make it clear that they are tired of being spoken down to and pontificated to by sanctimonious elites, or that they reject the idea that there exists a problem big enough to warrant such a gesture, 

You posted this without irony in a thread about racial abuse directed to Ian Wright.

Unbelievable.

That's why it *has to* carry on.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

The fact we’re even discussing Marxism or Communism in this thread makes it so obvious that there’s two types of people booing the knee:

1. Racists

2. Idiots who can’t read 140 characters from players on Twitter that the kneel is about racial equality

I’d suggest many are deflecting the kneel towards “cultural leftist Marxism” or whatever bollocks they conjure up to save face on an Internet forum because they actually are just a little bit racist. 

Exactly 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

HOW MANY FVCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS ON THIS FORUM?!

‘BLM want to defund the police so I’m booing the knee’

If this is your logic you are plain stupid. Please read up on things before spewing nonsense. Defund the police is a US specific call for their police forces to stop funding literal tanks in their weapons armoury and pump more funding into police training and coverage in underrepresented neighbourhoods. Clearly those of you using this one line to rebuke the whole taking a knee concept couldn’t spell Marxism let alone the context at which this particular slogan is being used in.

The very fact that people are clinging onto this, have misunderstood it and keep calling it Marxism versus actually supporting the anti racist movement that the knee is all about is an utter embarrassment.

Just don’t boo. Your use of a monosyllabic noise to try and get this stupid, incorrect point across makes you and our club look fvcking stupid. 

This again...