Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

I think this a very shrewd piece of business. He may lack pace but so does Jonny Evans. His height and presence should also help at set pieces which has been a bit of problem for us over recent seasons. I thought he was excellent for Denmark in the Euro’s. This is a solid signing.

Edited by Philkeavo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

oi you lot - we be proud of our ‘ampshire accent.

anyway, you remember the 9 - 0 game a couple of seasons ago.   Well if you sign Vesty, you will then have 50% of our back 4 from that game. Just letting you know.

Do you mean the 9-0 or the 0-9?

25 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

15m for a crooked 29 year old, he's only got one year left on his contract... Seems abit expensive.... We could get him for free next year

If we are paying by the inch it's actually quite good value.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

anyway, you remember the 9 - 0 game a couple of seasons ago.   Well if you sign Vesty, you will then have 50% of our back 4 from that game. Just letting you know.

I hope this helps.

1320637311_download(1).jpeg.53ef7ecb9007deef99b8dbdfb8416823.jpeg

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Will he be our tallest ever outfield player? Only other lanky man I can think of is the legendary goal machine Marko Futacs?

I think he probably is but Jari Rantenen and Ian Ormondroyd might run him close.

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Bertrand was only on the pitch for 1 goal and Vestergaard was on the pitch until half time, so only 5 of the 9 goals :thumbup:

So, only responsible for 5 goals in 45 minutes.    And that’s a plus point ?

34 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

It was 0-9 actually 

Your team had home advantage 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

How? And to be fair, it is a  it of a panic move.  Season starts in a few days and we have most of our defence out.  

Under Rodgers, I fully expect Vestergaard to improve leaps and bounds over the season.  

How? Because we weren’t even close to signing a CB a week ago, we needed a RW more. That’s why it’s panic to me. 

My opinion based on the handful of 90 minutes I’ve seen is… he’s not that good. Not great on the ball, slow, error prone. Hate people just saying it’s a good signing because it’s a signing. 
Hope I’m proved wrong of course and he ends up being a Robert Huth inspired signing for us

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 2