Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think he probably is but Jari Rantenen and Ian Ormondroyd might run him close.

Futacs and Ormondroyd both 3cms smaller, Jari Rantenen 9cm smaller. I can't think of any non keepers that stand a chance. The ones I have, have been smaller. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I think this will be a good signing, as long as he does not need to run much. No high lines please.

Have you seen us play the last 2 years?! Hopefully his signing stops us playing such a high line as it's how we concede about 50% of our goals.

47 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

oi you lot - we be proud of our ‘ampshire accent.

anyway, you remember the 9 - 0 game a couple of seasons ago.   Well if you sign Vesty, you will then have 50% of our back 4 from that game. Just letting you know.

Yeah but 50% of them played for about 10 minutes of the 90 

Saints fans will know more than any of us about the fella, but at the end of the day he's 4th choice when everyone's fit. I'm more than content with us getting him in to cover for Wes and Jonny at that price.

Hope he can do the business for us. Just a shame Benkovic still can't be trusted

• Like 1

People crying about this like we've made Vestergaard a marquee signing and that we want him as a long term starting CB. Chill, he's cover whilst little Wes and Evans are out injured. That is all. If he does such a good job that he becomes part of our regular back 4 then that's a bonus for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

We won't be getting rid of all of Benkovic, Nelson and Amartey, even after Vestergaard signs. We'll need some backup. I guess Amartey will be kept here at least until Fofana's back, unless we sign another CB.

That's why I think we might get another loan signing, which would allow Amartey to go out. I think Nelson will be protected but Benkovic will definitely go out on loan if there are takers.