Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

It's probably the sensible albeit slightly unglamorous option. Plus with him, Ndidi and Soumare in the side it should give us that extra bit of steel for the more direct teams in the league. Bit down to see he's just turned 29 as it means there's little sell on value but there you go.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This will soon change when we come up against a team where we have 65% of the possession with a large proportion of it being recycled back and forth across the defence or when we are penned in and need expansive passing from the back to beat the press.

He is a solid player who I'm glad has managed to work his way back to fitness but he's never going to be a regular here.

Hmmmm. I remember in the games he did play in the latter half of last season he was the only CD interested in passing between the lines, and he was pretty good at it. 

At the same time I don't see expansive passing as something either Evans or Soyuncu excel at. The latter tries and it can come off, but his mid range passing (esp off his left foot) is very hit and miss

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Southampton were joint second best in terms of least goals conceded from set-peices last season, I imagine Vestergaard was a big part of that. 

In comparison, we seemed to concede from every single corner lol

Get him in for that alone. 

Yep and he is slow but playing him alongside probably the quickest centre back in the league in soyuncu should compensate that.

Easy to say this considering they see more of him then we do, but I think they’re being very harsh. 

Was the form defender for a couple of months in the league last season for them and I thought he was very impressive for Denmark (in a much better team!)

As others have said he addresses a lot of our weaknesses and I think he’ll be a great fit here and good value for money.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If we were even average at set pieces last year we'd have probably been comfortably in the Champions League. We were so hopeless to the point you feared we'd concede from our corners rather than score from them. Been a major weakness under Rodgers (and for years before in all honesty)

Just what i was about to say, just a slight improvement on set pieces would be enough to earn that few extra points . I think i read Daka is good with his head, Soumare is fairly tall . So it would good to think that we could improve a little at both ends .

• Like 1

FIL is a Saints season ticket holder and can't wait to see the back of him. His main gripes seem to be his lack of pace and apparently has the turning circle of the Ever Given.

I was quite surprised when we were linked the first time round but you have to assume we've seem something in his game that we need and his faults can be compensated for by others.

I’m actually excited about the prospect of getting this guy in… is that weird? He’ll be surrounded with better quality, plus he’ll be next to Bertrand and Kasper; two players he knows very well which helps with overall team chemistry.

With our kamikaze set piece play to boot, this makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

FIL is a Saints season ticket holder and can't wait to see the back of him. His main gripes seem to be his lack of pace and apparently has the turning circle of the Ever Given.

I was quite surprised when we were linked the first time round but you have to assume we've seem something in his game that we need and his faults can be compensated for by others.

If we can get him in and sign Gary Cahill too, we will have the slowest CB pairing in the history of the EPL.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Seem to remember West Brom saying similar things about Evans. It's hard for defenders playing in shite teams. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Chucking a tenner at any betting company is always a stupid idea. 

Well its not if you think the percentage chance of Saints being relegated is greater than what the books have advertised. 

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He would be the world's tallest winger I reckon. You never know , sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Mings played at full back for Ipswich, always thought he looked out of place playing there…