Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

5 hours ago, adam1 said:

If we sign him, chucking a tenner on saints being relegated wouldn't be a stupid idea.

Doubtful losing him would be that much a factor (Saints look to be dodgy in several different areas, starting with GK), given as their fans seem to universally think Salisu will supplant him in the starting lineup this season, regardless of whether Vestergaard stays.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We needed a better 3rd/4th choice CB anyway IMO prior to Fofana's injury.

True. But it was a confusing situation with uncertainty over evans. There’s a case for saying we have always needed better than Ajer. 

On 09/08/2021 at 08:58, Ric Flair said:

This will soon change when we come up against a team where we have 65% of the possession with a large proportion of it being recycled back and forth across the defence or when we are penned in and need expansive passing from the back to beat the press.

He is a solid player who I'm glad has managed to work his way back to fitness but he's never going to be a regular here.

...I  despair when we start to pass it around the back!!!

Keeper to cb to keeper to CB back to Keeper (who by now has been closed down) and he hits it long. They pick up the second ball and we are defending again.

What if the initial ball from the keeper to the fullback was played down the line to either Ricardo or Barnes. The worst that could happen would be for their defence to knock the ball out of play. We gain ground in an advantageous situation as opposed to having to constantly defend as we are reluctant to play the pass into the midfield to break the lines.

Cags has an outball which he hits diagonally usually for Ricardo to run unto but what is required is to be brave on the ball and punch the ball through the opponents press.

A very good example of this was QPR who can play themselves out from the back and they are not using £30m players to execute it.

That very much is the reason for much of Rodgers frustration with what he is attempting to build but it is an aspect of our game that we just do not undertake, and you wonder if it is down to coaching or personnel. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, mozartfox said:

True most likely.

The point here is, replacing a Ferrari with a Moped is not really going to help our cause.  We need to find a more suitable stop-gap solution whilst Little Wes is out of commission.    Lack of pace gets murdered in the EPL unless you play a very deep block.

Man, you are totally consistent in your views, I'll give you that. :D

If you ever need a week off, I could cover for you on Centre Backs, no probs.

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Man, you are totally consistent in your views, I'll give you that. :D

If you ever need a week off, I could cover for you on Centre Backs, no probs.

If you do cover for me for Centre Backs, please see if you can discover some non-walking football options.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Keeper to cb to keeper to CB back to Keeper (who by now has been closed down) and he hits it long. They pick up the second ball and we are defending again.

What if the initial ball from the keeper was played down the line to either Ricardo or Barnes. The worst that could happen would be for their defence to knock the ball out of play. We gain ground in an advantageous situation as opposed to having to constantly defend as we are reluctant to play the pass into the midfield to break the lines.

Cags has an outball which he hits diagonally usually for Ricardo to run unto but what is required is to be brave on the ball and punch the ball through the opponents press.

A very good example of this was QPR who can play themselves out from the back and they are not using £30m players to execute it.

That very much is the reason for much of Rodgers frustration with what he is attempting to build but it is an aspect of our game that we just do not undertake, and you wonder if it is down to coaching or personnel. 

Its the predictability of it mainly , the opposition know what to expect. Unlike Man. City , QPR quickly crowded us out so in the end Benko in particular was punching long passes. We need to mix it up more.. Frankly QPR , in the first half, outplayed virtually the same team that played Man.City.

Edited by An Sionnach

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

What if the initial ball from the keeper was played down the line to either Ricardo or Barnes. The worst that could happen would be for their defence to knock the ball out of play. We gain ground in an advantageous situation as opposed to having to constantly defend as we are reluctant to play the pass into the midfield to break the lines.

Have you ever actually seen Kasper playing the ball over distance to the full backs / wingers? Majority of the time that ball goes out for a throw in and is an instant waste and turn over of possession

All nice and well QPR can do it, but I don’t think we should be taking tactical ideas from a mid table championship side

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Have you ever actually seen Kasper playing the ball over distance to the full backs / wingers? Majority of the time that ball goes out for a throw in and is an instant waste and turn over of possession

All nice and well QPR can do it, but I don’t think we should be taking tactical ideas from a mid table championship side

At least 50% of defensive headers give you back possession and sometimes in dangerous areas. Play it out from the back by all means but not every time.

• Like 1