Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Have you ever actually seen Kasper playing the ball over distance to the full backs / wingers? Majority of the time that ball goes out for a throw in and is an instant waste and turn over of possession

All nice and well QPR can do it, but I don’t think we should be taking tactical ideas from a mid table championship side

.... just re-read my post and it should have read the fullback playing the ball down the line.

Not asking to emulate QPR tactics as such but they all looked very comfortable on the ball and none of their players were afraid to receive the ball under pressure  at any time. It was a terrific display by them.

15 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Or we didn’t know Fofana would break a leg? 

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We needed a better 3rd/4th choice CB anyway IMO prior to Fofana's injury.

Absolutely. I'm not one that demands that we spend lots of money but Evans has had his injury problems in the past and we don't have Big Wes and Fuchs as cover going into this season either. I think we needed to bring someone in regardless. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Mike McGrath of the Telegraph (first major journo to cover Daka to us) says we've held talks with Southampton and he is one of our leading targets. Will cost less than £25m

Also namechecks Kabak and Tomiyasu (Bologna)

I hope a lot less that £25m! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Mike McGrath of the Telegraph (first major journo to cover Daka to us) says we've held talks with Southampton and he is one of our leading targets. Will cost less than £25m

Also namechecks Kabak and Tomiyasu (Bologna)

Here’s the tweet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He has his weaknesses and he's older than signings we normally make, but let's not underestimate how bad we are at defending set pieces and scoring from them. How many points were lost last season for that reason alone? He should make a big difference in that regard.

He is also good on the ball, which will suit Rodger's style more than it will Hassenhutl's.

I wouldn't want to spend more than £15M though.

I reckon he would accept standing down when Jonny is fit whilst Tarkowski wouldn't so he might be the easier( and probably cheaper) option.

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He has his weaknesses and he's older than signings we normally make, but let's not underestimate how bad we are at defending set pieces and scoring from them. How many points were lost last season for that reason alone? He should make a big difference in that regard.

He is also good on the ball, which will suit Rodger's style more than it will Hassenhutl's.

I wouldn't want to spend more than £15M though.

15M Baht would be my personal price ceiling.

• Haha 3

Done a bit more digging about his profile now it looks a bit more likely. He has a pretty good injury record - in his final three Bundesliga seasons he only missed three games - one to a yellow card suspension, one to a cold and another to a small knee injury. At Southampton he has not really had too many injury struggles either, and even came back after just one training session after his knee injury last season which shows he is a good character and willing to step up for his team.

Good disciplinary record for a CB. Played 50 times with Bertrand and 21 caps in front of Schmeichel. Speaks fluent German which I assume Soyuncu will have picked up while at Freiburg, if that helps.

Does seem to be more of an Evans-type, likes a long range pass/switch of play and not one to defend on the front foot like Soyuncu/Fofana. A partnership of Cags and Vestergaard sounds pretty good to me.

Three year contract for £15-18m and we'll have done pretty well here I reckon. Won't pull up trees but we love a cult-hero CB at this club and who better than a 6ft7 lanky fella?

• Like 2

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

He isn’t pretending to be an ITK. But as the football editor at Talk Sport he’ll have networked enough to create contacts in the game...

Thanks Jason, hope you’re well mate

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, enmac said:
Don't know how credible this guy is. 1600 followers. 

Mnic_Wgt_reasonably_small.jpg

Southampton have accepted a £12m bid from Leicester for Danish giant Jannik Vestergaard. Great optics on this move for him, moving from a relegation battling club to a Europa League powerhouse with a 27% wage increase. Good luck, Jannik!

Thanks for sharing this Sean

• Haha 3

Just now, enmac said:
Don't know how credible this guy is. 1600 followers. 

Mnic_Wgt_reasonably_small.jpg

Southampton have accepted a £12m bid from Leicester for Danish giant Jannik Vestergaard. Great optics on this move for him, moving from a relegation battling club to a Europa League powerhouse with a 27% wage increase. Good luck, Jannik!

If it’s true, 12 mil quid sounds about right for a reasonable transfer fee for him. 

• Like 1