Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

If rejected, move on to other targets.  15m is already over the odds.

But who? Who has similar levels of experience?

I also heard if you say Cahill three times in front of the mirror you get a permaban

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. are you saying the reason we haven't signed him is because we can't afford him or because he isn't worth it!!!

Every time you buy a player there is also the possibility of "will it work".

We have taken out loans and we cab afford to go ahead with the development because of being in this league. The league is worth  conservatively £100m every year. We do not invest in infrastructure every season and we are most likely writing the loan off Every year at say £20m a year. Just imagine another three seasons in the Premiership will net us £300m. The bean counters would have looked at this long term and come to a conclusion. 

At this present moment an investment in the squad will not push us over, but if the club is not happy with a players suitability to come here, in view of quality as opposed to a lack of finance, then we will  have to live with that.

A bit of both. I think it's fairly obvious that we won't pay more than what we think a player is worth, probably why our transfers apparently take so long to get over the line. Maybe, and if we're being honest not many of us on here know what goes on in the boardroom, deals like Slimani and Silva have taught us to be more prudent when it comes to transfers? 

From the outside looking in, it appears we have a set transfer budget with a bit of a contingency plan. We plan for the future and improve one or 2 positions per summer. 

As I've said, maybe right wing was on the list but the injury to Fofana has meant that position has been downgraded from a "must have" to a "if we can, we will" if you get my drift. We don't know, but surely we can all agree the need for a centre back outweighs the need for an attacking player right now. 

For all we know, we had £25million set aside for a right winger and a centre back was gonna come in on loan as back up for Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu. With Fofana's injury we likely need 2 centre backs now. That £25 million has now been set aside to cover the costs of that? The truth is, we don't know and we've got just under 3 weeks of the transfers window left, so we'll see I guess.  If the money is there, then I most certainly agree, go spend it. We appear to be so well run that we can all trust what happens. I'm just saying, don't spend it for the sake of it. Don't deviate from a plan that has so far been successful for us just because relaxed regulations allow it. Just because we can sign Madueke, for example, doesn't mean we should if we're stretching beyond our means, on the hope that he'll be worth double what we pay for him in a year or 2. 

• Like 1

It’s a lot on face value, but with the situation we are in with Wes and Jonny out, we need a player who can come in straight away and hit the ground running. In that sense here we are talking about a player who is already experienced in the PL and already has played with our goalkeeper and current starting LB. 

• Like 1

I like him, think he fits in well. Knows Bertrand and Kasper already, should slot right in. Their insight also means we know we are getting the right type of character. 

Game changer for us at set pieces, both ends of the pitch. 

We score plenty of goals but last year our defence was one of the worst in the top half of the league in terms of goals conceded. I think he will improve that record. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

I wasn't particularly inspired when we were linked with this guy last year, but the club's track record with these type of signings ( huth , Evans etc) is very good so you've got to trust them. Then he has a good season last year , and the club was proved right,  and as others have said, can pretty much slot straight in having played with two of our defense already. Makes alot of sense, and I'd like to see a big tall bastard in our team , it's been a while. Get it done Leicester

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But who? Who has similar levels of experience?

I also heard if you say Cahill three times in front of the mirror you get a permaban

On the basis we have been looking for a new CB BEFORE Wes‘s injury are you implying Vestergaard is the only option? Seriously?   Give the Recruitment Team some credit.   And frigging Cahill would be a total disaster.

• Like 2

I think he'd be a very decent signing.

As already mentioned he'll give us that important presence/height in both boxes... something we've being missing for awhile.

Anyone not liking him coming here should come up with better, realistic alternatives?

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

On the basis we have been looking for a new CB BEFORE Wes‘s injury are you implying Vestergaard is the only option? Seriously?   Give the Recruitment Team some credit.   And frigging Cahill would be a total disaster.

If we are only replacing Wes for 12 months, maybe, but factor in Jonny, I am not so sure. We agree on Cahill though  lol