Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

Just now, Nick said:

The bid I reckon will be nearer 12 with up to 15 payable in ad ons appearances etc?

It seems they want 15 as well as the add ons.

Alex Crook has just tweeted to say the first bid was £13m guaranteed, so you're about right. As Bourne says think £15m guaranteed rising to £18m with performance add-ons would do it.

• Like 1

If at this stage there is only a few million difference and we are negotiating, you'd imagine it's only a matter of time. I doubt we'll be quibbling too much over a mil or two extra when we are in such need of a CB.

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

The guy is a two footed ball playing Danish international with current PL experience coming to a team packed with quality to play alongside a partner with genuine pace. He's used to playing with Bertrand and Kasper and he's a bloody tree! With our woeful record at set pieces both ends of the field he should improve those stats significantly, and what might that be worth in terms of league position knowing we missed out on CL twice by the odd point or so last two seasons? Given the sudden, tragic injury to Fofana, where could we get better value for 15 million plus add-ons at such short notice?    

Spot on. This signing makes so much sense.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand it doesn't look like the best we can do, has looked poor for Southampton, aside from a good couple of months. But on the other when he has looked good for Southampton it was when Southampton were looking decent themselves. Bednarek isn't exactly blessed with pace, so maybe having the pair of them together only highlights how slow they both are :dunno:

He's got good feet for a big man though, and the ariel threat from set pieces could be worth half his transfer fee. With Ndidi in front of him we might not have to worry about playing deeper so much, but we looked at our worst last season when teams sat deep against us, we played high and got caught on the break. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Might be making it up but I'm sure I've heard Southampton fans say that he's not that impressive in the air considering his size.

Think someone said on here they ranked as 2nd best defensively from set plays last season. I imagine his size and presence alone was a big part of that. 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Might be making it up but I'm sure I've heard Southampton fans say that he's not that impressive in the air considering his size.

Won more attacking headers in the box last season than any other CB and scored 3. Seems OK to me.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SixtiesFox said:

The guy is a two footed ball playing Danish international with current PL experience coming to a team packed with quality to play alongside a partner with genuine pace. He's used to playing with Bertrand and Kasper and he's a bloody tree! With our woeful record at set pieces both ends of the field he should improve those stats significantly, and what might that be worth in terms of league position knowing we missed out on CL twice by the odd point or so last two seasons? Given the sudden, tragic injury to Fofana, where could we get better value for 15 million plus add-ons at such short notice?    

I think we’re probably getting great value and prem experience is vital for us

While some of the other linked players I’d be more keen on, he’s clearly a player we’ve looked at for a long time. So I’m confident the club are making the right call. 

This guy is also genuinely two-footed (right is more dominant) and can really pass/carry from the back, as well as being 2m tall btw. Uploaded this 10 pages or so back already but is useful...

42E5A144-4C5D-417A-8613-11FB5827130D.jpeg

Edited by FoxesWalk