Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I see your Monaco fans and Youri and raise you Inter fans and Cambiasso.

On the flip side, you had Monaco fans warning us about Ghezzal "slow like Turtle..!"

Edited by stu
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I see your Monaco fans and Youri and raise you Inter fans and Cambiasso.

On the flip-side (because it works both ways) I'll see your Inter fans and God and raise you Under and Turkish people.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

On the flip-side (because it works both ways) I'll see you Inter fans and God and raise you Under and Turkish people.

David Nugent and Portsmouth fans… 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nordic Nelly said:

If he only scored once every 9 games and provided 0 assists ,is he really going to be a set piece wonder

Scored 3 goals last season more than Fofana, Cags and Evans. With our set piece deliveries could get a couple more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I'll raise you Monaco fans and Youri Tielemans 

Yup, people need to stop looking at opposing fans opinions for quality of a signing. While seemingly ignoring the effort and time that would have gone into scouting the player. What might not work for Southampton might work for us, I’d rather trust our processes. 

A fan’s opinion is not a good indicator at all, we all talk shite (me included) and it’s all subjective. 

• Like 1

Should have gone for Tarks. An extra £5-7mil and we could potentially get him. He's quicker, presses the ball, passes well and is good and strong in the air too. Take someone like Tarks straight from a Burnley team and you know what you're getting from a defender and also a player who's strong in the opposite box. Kabak has more similarities with Tarks than Vestergaard.

Vestergaard is great in the air, good passing, double footed and can play the ball on the floor.

The negative for me is that Vestergaard is poor at pressing the ball. We've had this problem for a long time defensively when our defenders are playing outside of our box.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

Signing him or Tarkowski was always going to happen, whether it was this season or next. The injury to Fofana has forced us to act this season, we desperately need someone to come in and be a starter, Vestergaard ticks a lot of boxes.

He has the experience, he knows the Premier League, his passing ability suits us, plus he has height which will help us at set pieces, something we’ve struggled with for many season’s.

Every signing comes with a potential negative, in Vestergaard’s case it’s his pace, Soyuncu alongside him should help cover that 🤞🏻

With the current situation we find ourselves in, very much like the Bertrand signing, it’s not flashy but it’s sensible.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Didn't we do that with Diabate. I think finding another Mahrez is akin to us winning the league again. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

....I  do not understand why anyone would be looking for another Mahrez!!!

It took him a few seasons to attain this status that he has.

All we need is a competent player who can play the position. We got lucky, we took a gamble at the time with a player we believed could function at the level we were at the time, he exceeded that, we took a chance and got lucky. 

Let us not continue to find that player with stardust, it will be costly but we were not afraid to take a chance before and taking a chance now will save us a lot of money. 

Happy with this.  We need cover now and not necessarily a first choice expensive centre back with Evans hopefully back soon.  We all know schmeichel's weakness is on crosses and this will go someway to negate that and stop me shi**ing myself as much with the balls into the box we invite on ourselves when trying to see out a win.