Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Should have gone for Tarks. An extra £5-7mil and we could potentially get him. He's quicker, presses the ball, passes well and is good and strong in the air too. Take someone like Tarks straight from a Burnley team and you know what you're getting from a defender and also a player who's strong in the opposite box. Kabak has more similarities with Tarks than Vestergaard.

Vestergaard is great in the air, good passing, double footed and can play the ball on the floor.

The negative for me is that Vestergaard is poor at pressing the ball. We've had this problem for a long time defensively when our defenders are playing outside of our box.

We probably enquiried again about Tarks and were told no by Burnley - there's probably already some sort of agreement that he'll come to us on a free next season anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about Vestergaard - he's emergency cover at this stage. If he maintains a place in the 11 when everyones back then he will have done very well for us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the elephant in the room is really... is one enough? 

I was already concerned about JE’s injury. I have this horrible feeling he’s not going to play much this season. 

Thinking the same maybe a loan as extra cover end of the window

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This will be done in the coming days then, lovely stuff.

Have you just become a Leicester fan? This will take at least 3 weeks even though it’ll be done in 3 days…😂

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Bertrand I can understand on a free as a Fuchs replacement, but I don't understand why we're signing two defenders from a team with the second worst defence last season.

Too simplistic to look at it that way.

Maguire and Robertson were both regulars in the Hull team that got relegated but then were seen as 2 of the best defenders the following year after signing for us and Liverpool respectively.

Its not a signing that's hugely exciting, but given our CB injury issues, it would be a very solid signing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Bertrand I can understand on a free as a Fuchs replacement, but I don't understand why we're signing two defenders from a team with the second worst defence last season.

For the same reason Wes Morgan spent most of the season at the bottom of the league but after being paired with better players the following season went on to win the Premier League.... Good players are good players, and if they're played to their strengths managers tend to get the best out of them.

33 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

just looked on SaintsWeb and all the posters are basically saying the same, SELL! can't defend passing ok, doesn't give me any confidence, would rather have selling fans regretting selling a player rather than begging him to go!

Funny how often a player is potentially leaving a club and fans of that side suddenly see the worst in him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Sensible, logical, emergency signing. 

I'd send (fax?) an invoice however for 15m  and associated 3 years of wages pronto to Villareal. Absolute cnts.

That cnt played for Leeds a couple of days later as well - That Emery is a complete and utter tw*t - I'd not want him anywhere near any club I was associated with .......... a complete and utter psychopathic cnt of the highest order 

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Scored 3 goals last season more than Fofana, Cags and Evans. With our set piece deliveries could get a couple more.

Whose deliveries will those be?

Probably our best set piece taker was already Vestergaard's teammate at Southampton.  And he's not going to be starting when Ricardo and Timmy are both healthy.

Go on then I'll say it. I'd rather we got a CB in on loan or a free and then puck up Vestergaard or Tarkowski on a free next summer and use this £15m we are having to find to go a fair way in getting either Ludovic Blas, David Neres, Mohammed Ihatteran or Viktor Tsygankov. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’ve sorted the chant out kids, to the theme of the flintstones, thank me later…………

Jannik Vestergaard 

He’s Kasper Schmeichels Danish friend

He ****ed off from Southampton to come and play with Ryan Bertrand. 

Need to work in the lyrics Vestergaard The Leicester Guard

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Whose deliveries will those be?

Probably our best set piece taker was already Vestergaard's teammate at Southampton.  And he's not going to be starting when Ricardo and Timmy are both healthy.

To be fair, our CB's of previous seasons have missed an absolute shit load of gilt edged chances from corners and free kicks. Fofana alone must have missed half a dozen in and around the 6 yard box. Our set piece delivery isn't that good but if Vestergaard gets the same level of chances as Fofana, Evans, Ndidi and Soyuncu have wasted in recent seasons then I'd expect an upturn in goals.

• Like 2

Also worth noting the clubs who recruit most efficiently - and we certainly fall into that bracket - look very much at how a players strengths and weaknesses complement the team output as a whole. The moneyball approach, if you like.

This isn't news to most, and as many have commented in this thread it's pretty obvious to the naked eye that this fella is gonna help us aerially, but I'm confident his individual attributes will suit us well as a team providing there isn't any significant disruption through further serious injuries and the like.