Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

8 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

That cnt played for Leeds a couple of days later as well - That Emery is a complete and utter tw*t - I'd not want him anywhere near any club I was associated with .......... a complete and utter psychopathic cnt of the highest order 

You're not keen on Dick are you?..😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Whose deliveries will those be?

Probably our best set piece taker was already Vestergaard's teammate at Southampton.  And he's not going to be starting when Ricardo and Timmy are both healthy.

I've got a sneaky suspicion Timmy will be seeing more time on the bench this season than we might have previously expected precisely because of Bertrand's set piece delivery - an area of weakness that won't have gone unnoticed.

Despite legitimate reservations, we may even see Castagne and Ricardo deployed down the same channel for certain games. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Bertrand I can understand on a free as a Fuchs replacement, but I don't understand why we're signing two defenders from a team with the second worst defence last season.

Wasn't coached by Rodgers, he was coach by a man who team has lost 9-0 twice in two seasons.

He didn't have Soyuncu, Ricccardo beside him and Kasper behind him and Ndidi in front of him. 

The season before we brought Fofana, he played 14 league games for Saint-Etienne, they lost 9 of the 14, and conceded  27 goals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Go on then I'll say it. I'd rather we got a CB in on loan or a free and then puck up Vestergaard or Tarkowski on a free next summer and use this £15m we are having to find to go a fair way in getting either Ludovic Blas, David Neres, Mohammed Ihatteran or Viktor Tsygankov. 

Tbf Ric, that would have probably been the case if Fofana didn’t get injured.

As much as I wanted a stopgap, Fofana getting injured has forced us to spend and sign a starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Didn't we do that with Diabate. I think finding another Mahrez is akin to us winning the league again. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this. Firstly, Diabate was signed on Puels sons recommendation from memory, and not necessarily by the Clubs scouts. He wasn't too bad either just not good enough for the Premiership. I think we even made a few bob when he moved on.

One of the beauties of Football is there's always the next generation coming along. Somewhere out there is the next Mahrez, Barnes, Saka, St Maximin, waiting for an opportunity to step up. You just have to find them before anyone else like we did with Mahrez.

Isn't that how we're doing so well, finding Gems for other positions. Vardy NDiddi, Kante, Tielemans Rikey etc. and now Daka possibly the new Vardy.

Some cost a few Million but all have added value to themselves and the Club.

That's the area we've really excelled at since 2013 , Find them cheap sell them high or keep them in the Team.

Long may it continue.

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Almost as bad as signing Evans from relegated West Brom.

22 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Bertrand I can understand on a free as a Fuchs replacement, but I don't understand why we're signing two defenders from a team with the second worst defence last season.

So I think it’s always worth noting that good players can look bad in a good team. And then good players look decent in a bad team. It’s all about how the team plays and who plays alongside them. I think this is probably a very good bit of business, and for 3/4 years a very serviceable back up

5 minutes ago, Blodge said:

I'm struggling to understand why people are against this transfer? For one, he helps to improve on our glaringly obvious weakness of defending set pieces, and also attacking them. The Spurs collapse in the last game really started from the moment Kasper came to punch that ball and fluffed it into his own net. Two, he has PL experience, and for a good period of time last season, part of the strongest defence in the league. And three, he has a relationship with Kasper and Bertrand - this is massive for a defence to know each other's game. If he wasn't very good, I'm sure Kasper would have some influence to dissuade the club from pursuing him. 

All I see is positives to this transfer, and hope we can get it done quickly and swiftly. 

Not a RW and his name doesn’t name with “inho” 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I think our scouting and recruitment teams are a bit more qualified to judge the situation than a sweeping statement posted on an internet forum, mate. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blodge said:

I'm struggling to understand why people are against this transfer? For one, he helps to improve on our glaringly obvious weakness of defending set pieces, and also attacking them. The Spurs collapse in the last game really started from the moment Kasper came to punch that ball and fluffed it into his own net. Two, he has PL experience, and for a good period of time last season, part of the strongest defence in the league. And three, he has a relationship with Kasper and Bertrand - this is massive for a defence to know each other's game. If he wasn't very good, I'm sure Kasper would have some influence to dissuade the club from pursuing him. 

All I see is positives to this transfer, and hope we can get it done quickly and swiftly. 

They probably looked at his fifa stats and thought shit in game, shit in real life, people are strange 

• Like 1

It’s down to the player where he wants to go 

we should not going over £15m plus add ons for him in the last year of his contract 

Soton will want to drive an auction - we shouldn’t get into one. I hope we have advanced alternatives 

Edited by st albans fox

Proven PL centre half - big, strong, dominant, can play and international colleague to our Top Keeper. Potentially fourth choice when all fit abs in the short term will hit the ground running and be another leader too!

Even if he is not the next Fofana he is exactly the type BR has referred too with experience and he improved last season when acclimatised to the Prem.

£15m for a centre half is a bargain and struggling to see any downside in this!

The big guy is not going to surprise us , he is too well known for that. He is what he is and he can do a decent job for us, He will be on the bench soon enough when Jonny is fit . If he signs we should let Benko leave , he is not that highly paid so he should soon attract interest.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If anyone's got a growing suspicion that a lot of this positivity is fans trying to act convincing to themselves that Vestergaard will be a success here can go and benefit from hindsight in the Ayoze Perez thread from when he signed. Myself included will have come up with all sorts of fallacy about how he'll do well here in the  face of strong criticism from Newcastle fans on just how crap he was.

Let's bury them heads again lads, ay? 😂😂😂

Very true. Medium to Long-term though, he will not be starting for us. Maybe as early as next month, it will be Soy and Evans back together. Longer-term. Fofana pushes him to 4th choice. Not bad at all for a 4th choice IMO 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If anyone's got a growing suspicion that a lot of this positivity is fans trying to act convincing to themselves that Vestergaard will be a success here can go and benefit from hindsight in the Ayoze Perez thread from when he signed. Myself included will have come up with all sorts of fallacy about how he'll do well here in the  face of strong criticism from Newcastle fans on just how crap he was.

I started that Ayoze Perez signs thread and refuse to start another one. 

Bad omen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair, last year I wasn't for this but he was highly spoken 9f last year for Southampton and had a decent Euros so that's what has convinced me of him. 

• Like 2