Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

No way is my son having his name on his shirt at a quid a letter 

Give him a couple of years and his favourite player will be Thanawat Seungchitthawon. At that point, Vestergaard will seem like a bargain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

....I mean, by all accounts I looks like we've been tracking him for a year. I wouldn't necessarily call that a panic buy.

I think the point is here, we would not have invested in him personally now, had Wes not been injured,  But it is how it is.  We shall see very shortly if this is another master-stroke or a car crash. I pray and hope the former is the case.  No doubt his height is a massive plus point, but his lack of mobility is a big downside.  Just any high line now becomes very very risky.

In Brendan et al , we must trust on this one. 

9 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

We may have but would’ve expected us to go for someone younger, more long term if Fofana hadn’t been injured 

We have a lot of youth CBs though. Soyuncu hasn't even hit his prime yet. CBs tend to get better with age, and what we needed was an older player with experience.

To go for another young prospect for CB would have been a mistake imo.

• Like 3

I assume with this sort of thing it is typical to have discussions with his representatives re an extension? He seems an ideal choice for starting now, then rotating and backing up our young CBs the next 3-4 seasons. Seems right to get an experienced old head in there to keep things calm when we start to melt down, like the 2nd match vs. Spurs last season. 

2 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Any songs to link back to the fact we stuck 9 past his Southampton defence? 

I’m less than convinced by this to be honest; Saints defence was terrible last season. Hopefully Evans & Soyuncu stay fit this season

Technically we only put 5 past him... he went off at half time :thumbup:

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well… least we moved quickly to sort cover  out. Feel a bit more relaxed about the season now.

And he already knows a couple of players here which helps. He's somebody we've wanted for a while so it's not out of the blue either, they'd have been planning for it and how he fits in.

No brainer at this stage in the window and getting a proven PL player. He was in a bad defensive side last year but will be going into a side that will play better to his strengths and sure us up with cover and more depth. For £14m it's a decent price...think we'd struggle to get a player for anything less at this stage. 

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We’re gonna wear this one out, hahaha

Just now, Reginaldo said:

Jannik in the Streets of Leicester

Jannik in the streets of Uppingham

I wonder to myself…

This is phenomenal. 

Huge congratulations to the recruitment department Fofana only got injured 7 days ago and they've managed to replace him with a proven premier league and international defender at a price which in circumstances of how desperate we are is very reasonable. 

To all the posters moaning like Fuch about this it seems like he's coming to city whether you like it or not.

So keep an open mind, get behind him, and try not to let your desire to be proven right about this deal spill over into an agenda against the player. 

Up the city. 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I'd think it's about succession planning, so if Soy was to leave next summer, we've got someone who knows the club and the league to come in. I think you've expressed doubts about Evans' fitness, hopefully he's OK to return in September but if it's a longer-term issue, we need a quality 3rd centre half while Fofana recovers. 

Rodgers is clear that he thinks Benkovic needs regular first team football so will be loaned out again, while wouldn't be surprised if Nelson was loaned out, as well as Amartey if not sold in the case of the latter. 

We won't be getting rid of all of Benkovic, Nelson and Amartey, even after Vestergaard signs. We'll need some backup. I guess Amartey will be kept here at least until Fofana's back, unless we sign another CB.