Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

We broke our starting CB in the last friendly of the season. The real loser is Tark, who probably thought he was coming here next year, and that's less likely now (although not impossible).

Why do people seem convinced tarkowski coming here for free in the summer? Have I missed something? 

I know he’s a long term target but so are West Ham?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

oi you lot - we be proud of our ‘ampshire accent.

anyway, you remember the 9 - 0 game a couple of seasons ago.   Well if you sign Vesty, you will then have 50% of our back 4 from that game. Just letting you know.

Bertrand was only on the pitch for 1 goal and Vestergaard was on the pitch until half time, so only 5 of the 9 goals :thumbup:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Why do people seem convinced tarkowski coming here for free in the summer? Have I missed something? 

Are we buying West Ham?..

God!!... we're Massive!!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Surprised he didn't put BREAKING: at the start of the tweet to be honest.

I find it interesting that "his" sources have told him it could be £15m or less than £15m... also known as the two prices that have already been reported by other journos lol

7 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

anyway, you remember the 9 - 0 game a couple of seasons ago.   Well if you sign Vesty, you will then have 50% of our back 4 from that game. Just letting you know.

And you still have 7 of the players that were involved that night for you. Just letting you know.

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Bloody hell didn’t know we were after West Ham! lol

• Haha 1

Happy with this signing. He's not going to be worth 50m in a couple of years which is the usual criteria for our purchases. But he covers some important shortages.

With Fofana and Evans out, we are lacking experience, aerial dominance and passing into the midfield from the rcb position. Jannik might not be a world beater but he covers this quite well. And will offer a great option to see out a win against high balls into the box.

I have a feeling we will come to see this as good value. 👍

9 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

Still plenty of commemorative DVDs and T-shirts in the club shop. Do you want any?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

15m for a crooked 29 year old, he's only got one year left on his contract... Seems abit expensive.... We could get him for free next year

If you loan anyone decent in, with us being a tad desperate we'd probably be pumping a £2m+ loan fee. Then it means you are having a player in your squad that's not going to be there the next year. Where as now, we've got a player with us who can cover Wes and Evans, and bed straight in, meaning we don't start that process again next season. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

You'll be looking back at this with fond memories once you're staring at a similar scoreline in the Championship in two seasons time lol

• Haha 1

Not sure about this one. His age and lack of pace bothers me, hopefully his experience and ability to ping accurate balls to the wing will outweigh the negatives.

Can't help but feel Southampton have done us a bit with the fee knowing we're desperate but ultimately I guess we're in a better position with him than without. The fact we were looking at him last year and that our scouts know what they're doing gives me a bit more confidence.

• Like 1