Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

9 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

It’s funny that people are ecstatic considering this time last year we were overly critical about being linked with him.

The fickleness of football fans. Just been chuckling my way through this thread, especially those who said they would rather we spunk our wad on Nathan Ake.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

It’s funny that people are ecstatic considering this time last year we were overly critical about being linked with him.

really? Not seeing the same ecstatic posts, just "sensible" signing ones

Wtf is going on at Southampton?

They are going to be in huge trouble this season. Fell off a cliff at the back end of last season, losing at least 3 of their better players and a few clubs interested in JWP.

4/1 to go down.

Edited by ttfn

Would be a great signing now we've actually got someone who can deliver a set piece.

Was somewhat against him last year but he's had a great 12 months, looks solid whenever I've seen him & he's an absolute unit 

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

In the full Tanner article he says we'll struggle to afford another 20m without offloading some fringe players

He also said in the version of the article first released this morning that Axel Tuanzebe was also being considered on loan, a little later he’d signed for Villa.

Does great LCFC articles on current affairs, but I really would take what he says with a pinch of salt in terms of transfer news.

Edited by stu

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

In the full Tanner article he says we'll struggle to afford another 20m without offloading some fringe players

Don't mention that on here a lot of FT members still think we are going to buy a RM for 30m and a CB for 20m :facepalm:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

That was usually the same people moaning about it as they do with most things. 

Also people have the right to change their mind and he’s had a very good 12 months. 

8 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

That was usually the same people moaning about it as they do with most things. 

Also people have the right to change their mind and he’s had a very good 12 months. 

Interesting.  Seems to run around like a centre at basketball, but I guess that’s his height!

17 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Would be very good for us, maybe a deal including Choudhury (swap) or Benkovic (loan) could be an option… 

We can’t be letting Benkovic leave at the moment. If so we would need two CBs not one. Verstergaard coming in would still leave him fourth choice currently. Fifth when Evans is back. That’s about the right level of squad depth 

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We can’t be letting Benkovic leave at the moment. If so we would need two CBs not one. Verstergaard coming in would still leave him fourth choice currently. Fifth when Evans is back. That’s about the right level of squad depth 

There isn't room in any squad to register five centre halves, whether you like it or not.

Yeah sure, keep Benković until late in the window when it is likely more apparent as to when Evans will be back, and we can use him in the League Cup third round too. But he wouldn't get a game if he stayed as fifth choice.

• Like 1

15m is a fair price. At that money in fact I'd argue he'd be a good signing even if Fofana had not already been injured, as it adds to squad depth.

Rodgers said Fofana has more damage around his ligaments than they were hoping for, which probably means 75% of the season at minimum is done. In that case even though Amartey played well yesterday, it wouldn't hurt to have another option.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, brucey said:

We are going to have a few players not named to our PL squad (let alone EL squad) without offloading some fringe players. I expect Praet to go, and either Hamza or Mendy (although I know nothing about his injury). But the squad needs to be trimmed, because there literally isn't room for everyone.

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The difference a year makes lol 

People were disgusted at being linked with him and now general consensus is good signing. 

To be fair to him, he's had a good year. 

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Yeah sure, keep Benković until late in the window when it is likely more apparent as to when Evans will be back, and we can use him in the League Cup third round too. But he wouldn't get a game if he stayed as fifth choice.

I'd rather use Ben Nelson than Benković as a fifth choice CB. There. I said it. I have always wanted Benković to succeed, but I don't think it will be in a Leicester City shirt.

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

We are going to have a few players not named to our PL squad (let alone EL squad) without offloading some fringe players. I expect Praet to go, and either Hamza or Mendy (although I know nothing about his injury). But the squad needs to be trimmed, because there literally isn't room for everyone.

Everybody wants to offload fringe players. For lesser clubs that can be achieved reasonably easily but with our high contracts not so easy. At least we are not faced with the Barca nightmare. However I can see a couple of players surplus to the 22 and having relatively little to do.

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Vestergaard seems like he'd be a solid acquisition if that fee is correct. There's always exceptions, but Scandinavian footballers usually seem like the type of men you want at your club. Hardworking, down to earth footballers. No club can have too many of those. 

And this forum cam never have enough generalisations. 

As he"s European, he will get on with Pereira.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Wtf is going on at Southampton?

They are going to be in huge trouble this season. Fell off a cliff at the back end of last season, losing at least 3 of their better players and a few clubs interested in JWP.

4/1 to go down.

Wonder if they’d settle for staying up but with another 9-0 loss?