Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

22 minutes ago, sdb said:

Have you seen us play the last 2 years?! Hopefully his signing stops us playing such a high line as it's how we concede about 50% of our goals.

Haha yeah, I hate it. Fingers crossed we are less vulnerable to the through balls this season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

How? Because we weren’t even close to signing a CB a week ago, we needed a RW more. That’s why it’s panic to me. 

My opinion based on the handful of 90 minutes I’ve seen is… he’s not that good. Not great on the ball, slow, error prone. Hate people just saying it’s a good signing because it’s a signing. 
Hope I’m proved wrong of course and he ends up being a Robert Huth inspired signing for us

I mean... you surely should have expected that things would change in our plans of what we wanted when Fofana got injured right? We seemingly weren't even remotely close to signing a RW either. Just because the club has fast tracked this deal doesn't mean they aren't also looking at and working on other deals.

The club have watched this guy for ages and for all we know they could have been looking to sign him towards the end of the window if we sold a couple of fringe players but just brought the plan forward after Fofanas injury, doesn't mean its a panic buy.

Should probably look up a bit more about him if you think he isn't great on the ball, that is the one thing that Southampton fans say he is really good at.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Sinned said:

I think you know very well which game I mean.     How many 9 - 0’s have you been involved with.    Less than us, I’ll bet.  

We've never been involved in a 9-0 but we have a 0-9 which is the only time that has ever happened in the history of English top flight history. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

We've never been involved in a 9-0 but we have a 0-9 which is the only time that has ever happened in the history of English top flight history. 

@Sinned Just in case your memory is a bit fuzzy, the thumbnail shows that we were involved in a 0-9 rather than a 9-0

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

But you should know that you can't really base an opinion on 90 minutes of football, that's absurd.  Thats like saying that Soyuncu is rubbish because someone only watched him play in the Bournemouth mauling a couple of seasons back.  Or that Fofana isn't up to scratch because someone saw him play against Braga in the europa league and he was all over the place. 

Vestergaard Is a good player in a poor team.  Like Maguire was, like Huth was, like Bertrand was, like Evans was. 

I've watched about a dozen saints games last season (missus supports them)  and he's quality.

Was only a month ago that he had Kane on toast in the Euros.

Good point about Kane. How quickly we forget. 

1 hour ago, Sinned said:

Saints fan here.   

oi you lot - we be proud of our ‘ampshire accent.

anyway, you remember the 9 - 0 game a couple of seasons ago.   Well if you sign Vesty, you will then have 50% of our back 4 from that game. Just letting you know.

Doesn't really concern us. We aren't going to have to face a prime Ayoze Perez anytime soon! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

15m for a crooked 29 year old, he's only got one year left on his contract... Seems abit expensive.... We could get him for free next year

....we need him now!!!

Every club we go to knows our situation, we are at the mercy of Market Forces (or some might say extortion).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

That's why I think we might get another loan signing, which would allow Amartey to go out. I think Nelson will be protected but Benkovic will definitely go out on loan if there are takers. 

It could happen. I think it will be interesting to see, if we get another signing, whether it's a CB or a RW. I'd be a bit concerned if it is a CB, as it might mean we think we won't be able to rely on Evans much this season.

I think Nelson might be kept around for emergencies as he doesn't need to take up a place in the 25-man squad. I agree about Benko. Doesn't seem like Brendan has any faith in him currently. I hope he gets a loan where he's playing regularly. I don't know what level that will be at. He didn't feature much for either Brizzle or Cardiff in the Championship. He might feel like League 1 or a similar level elsewhere is beneath him, but I think he just needs to be playing and getting his confidence back.

• Like 1