Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well given we've paid Perez 80 bags a week, Praet similar and you say it's true thst Choudhury is on over 60k a week then I'd not be surprised to see Vestergaard getting every bit what Kabak would ask for. Vestergaard's agent will also be acutely aware that his client could sit tight for a year and make whatever the magic number is they want and we'll probably agree to it, we'll no doubt see his salary do the rounds in the coming months and it'll be the going rate here at the very least.

His demands are way less and agent far more straightforward 👍

39 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Played every game for Denmark who got to the semi finals of the Euros. 

Think some are being a tad harsh, but like with any signing, lets give him a chance and wait and see. 

It’s a consistent theme on here where a player plays for his country in a major tournament, only to then considered not good enough for our great club….Vestergard had an outstanding Euro’s and is a cracking addition to the squad….we fell just short last year and the squad was stretched thin….the four we have bought in, plus Barnes, JJ and Castagne are all plenty good enough to make our first eleven….that means instead of Youri, Vardy playing virtually every minute, they will/ should get regular time out….in Brendan we trust….can’t wait for Saturday……

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vanity said:

I think this was a bit of a desperation signing, sure, but at the same time, if we get him to sign an extension, he will be quality depth. We had a real need for an experienced CB, someone to steady the defense, and ideally rotate as a CB for us the next 3-4 years or so. So if he fits in well, maybe a 2or 3-year extension would make this signing pay-off for us. 

Man, we just moved out 4 players who really had no role anymore (Under, Fuchs, Morgan, Matty James) and replaced them with 4 signings who will all compete for playing time. Add KDH to that, we just replaced 4 guys with no real role with 5 players who could start any given game (Daka, Soumare, Vestergaard, Bertrand, KDH). Our next summer window will be very interesting, just bc of the quality of players we would have to move to bring in, say, another 4-5 guys. Hard to see who we would move, to be honest. 

With this sort of talent, a run at Europa makes a lot of sense. Made a lot more sense with Fofana, but a healthy Ricardo and Harvey Barnes, along with Daka, they look like we should be scoring more goals. Maybe we can actually rotate Vards and keep him fresh for the season. That or let him start the 1st half, then let Daka take over when he begins to fade.

I expect a much more attacking side this season, more goals, more wins from substitutions, due to the high quality of the guys we have on the bench.

Spot on

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

Spot on

Thought the same of your post above. That's the thing now, look at this frickin' squad, we have high quality depth all over the pitch, assuming we get healthy. We could field two sides that could compete in the Prem on a given day. Best depth I have ever seen us have. The sort of depth that should allow us to keep picking up points late in the season when other teams are taking on water, rather than seeing the superior depth of teams like Liverpool and Chelsea use it to pass us due to our injuries.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vanity said:

I think this was a bit of a desperation signing, sure, but at the same time, if we get him to sign an extension, he will be quality depth. We had a real need for an experienced CB, someone to steady the defense, and ideally rotate as a CB for us the next 3-4 years or so. So if he fits in well, maybe a 2or 3-year extension would make this signing pay-off for us. 

Man, we just moved out 4 players who really had no role anymore (Under, Fuchs, Morgan, Matty James) and replaced them with 4 signings who will all compete for playing time. Add KDH to that, we just replaced 4 guys with no real role with 5 players who could start any given game (Daka, Soumare, Vestergaard, Bertrand, KDH). Our next summer window will be very interesting, just bc of the quality of players we would have to move to bring in, say, another 4-5 guys. Hard to see who we would move, to be honest. 

With this sort of talent, a run at Europa makes a lot of sense. Made a lot more sense with Fofana, but a healthy Ricardo and Harvey Barnes, along with Daka, they look like we should be scoring more goals. Maybe we can actually rotate Vards and keep him fresh for the season. That or let him start the 1st half, then let Daka take over when he begins to fade.

I expect a much more attacking side this season, more goals, more wins from substitutions, due to the high quality of the guys we have on the bench.

I agree with most of the post bar the desperation part. We’ve clearly looked at him before as he’s been linked a few times. 

• Like 4

This is definitely a Marmite signing.  I just pray The Recruitment Team have got this one right and of course of late, they have delivered time after time. 

45 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’d rather have slightly more experience in there. 
Not entirely sure on Kabak, although would’ve been better financially and possibly better long term. 
At least we’re getting a player in that knows the league and is fairly solid. Not expecting loads but should be able to do a job for us this season. 

That's the thing, he brings several attributes to the table that can strengthen us. He adds an element with his clever passing, and he has the size to help us where we need it, on set pieces. He has the experience, no question he can step right in and play in the Prem, and he will command the respect of both Soyuncu and Fofana. If Evans gets back, we will have a nice little CB rotation, and I will be curious to see whether BR can improve him and get him moving the ball up the field a bit more quickly. I bet he can, and that we will wind up really appreciating his touch on the ball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vanity said:

Thought the same of your post above. That's the thing now, look at this frickin' squad, we have high quality depth all over the pitch, assuming we get healthy. We could field two sides that could compete in the Prem on a given day. Best depth I have ever seen us have. The sort of depth that should allow us to keep picking up points late in the season when other teams are taking on water, rather than seeing the superior depth of teams like Liverpool and Chelsea use it to pass us due to our injuries.

Agreed. Must be the deepest City squad ever in terms of quality assuming that we don't sell anyone. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, KFS said:

Congrats Jason, you are itk 👏

And a follow up post to demonstrate how little else you know!

14 minutes ago, vanity said:

Expect more goals from set pieces also. 

52 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Kabak couldn’t get into a terrible Turkey side

Kabak was so bad Liverpool went back to their kids and midfielders

Kabak played a big part first half of the season in a side relegated from the Bundesliga. 

What exactly is the hype?!

Turkey had probably their worst team in 40 years apart from their CBs: Soyuncu and Demeril, who was playing for Juventus at the time. Very difficult to push your way in above those 2, so I think you're being a little harsh on Kabak. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So who do we sign for a year instead then while Wes sits in stands and hobbles around on crutches?

So Vestergaard is the only CB in the whole World who we could have signed? Got it.

13 minutes ago, enmac said:

Average match rating for last season on fotmob for JV : 6.87

Rudiger: 7.19

Maguire : 7.06

Dias: 7.01

Soyuncu: 6.82

Fofana : 6.99

Evans : 6.93

Amartey: 6.44

I tend to prefer to use WhoScored for match ratings:

Vestergaard - 6.89

Fofana - 7.01

Soyuncu - 6.74

Evans - 6.87

Amartey - 6.40

Rudiger - 7.02

Maguire - 7.04

Dias - 6.91

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So Vestergaard is the only CB in the whole World who we could have signed? Got it.

If you read the actual post I was replying to, then you'd have got it. But you seem to have missed the point completely 

Now do you get it? :doh:

Edited by Jimbo

What strikes me is that Brendan Rodgers has said in recent months that he wanted to add Physicality which he's done in Vestegaard and Bouba and experience, Vestegaard and Bertrand. 

He has identified what he wanted to add and has done it. Let's just hope that his next target is a top quality RWer/ inside forward. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

What strikes me is that Brendan Rodgers has said in recent months that he wanted to add Physicality which he's done in Vestegaard and Bouba and experience, Vestegaard and Bertrand. 

He has identified what he wanted to add and has done it. Let's just hope that his next target is a top quality RWer/ inside forward. 

That would be incredible if happens but have a feeling we might be done now, with Perez that RW option and Albrighton cover. 

Hope I'm wrong! 

• Like 1

He’s gonna have better players round him plus he’s pretty solid any isn’t a bad player at all and clearly gives us an extra threat at set pieces and will help defend them, good addition for me! If we could squeeze enough out the transfer kitty to get a good right sided attacker I’ll be so smug going into this season

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Net spend now 60m. Be lucky if its not just outgoings now. Maybe a winger on loan but I reckon that's it.

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

He’s gonna have better players round him plus he’s pretty solid any isn’t a bad player at all and clearly gives us an extra threat at set pieces and will help defend them, good addition for me! If we could squeeze enough out the transfer kitty to get a good right sided attacker I’ll be so smug going into this season

Perez has better players around him here but he's even worse than he was at Newcastle. Doesn't always work that way. Jannik will do OK though I think, just got a feeling him and Soyuncu will be the perfect combo.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

That would be incredible if happens but have a feeling we might be done now, with Perez that RW option and Albrighton cover. 

Hope I'm wrong! 

Well so far, if the figures are to be believed, we have spent 55 million net. That must an all-time record for the club.