Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Paying £15m for a 29 year old with only 1 year left on his deal, when if the boot was on the other foot we'd get about £3m for such a player isn't that great a deal. Put it this way, we will be lucky to get £15m for Dennis Praet with 3 years left on his deal and 2 years younger. I'd rather we went for Kabak to be honest, it's not like we won't chuff up a good 70k a week for Vestergaard anyway and Kabak is equally as strong in the air and very athletic, plus 8 years younger.

Hey ho, at least he's likely an upgrade on Amartey and he is good at using the ball proficiently, will be welcome relief having another defender who can defend and attack set pieces too. Certainly by no means an atrocious signing on paper.

...it has to be the experience we are bringing in as opposed to the potential!!!

33 minutes ago, enmac said:

Interesting. Makes more sense. 

Is that a typo? Are you saying that you expect another signing this season? 

Why are you so certain about Youri? 

Probably no more signings this season, though I could see a loaned player as a winger, e.g. Dan James on deadline day. But most likely with this transfer, that's us done both for now and January. 

Youri hasn't signed a new contract yet so that means he has one year left at the end of this season, which seems deliberate to me. Can't hate him for leaving though, he's been some player for us!

@jeffschluppThat was the game that came to mind for me also. I had a look for the other games that I thought he played there (Norwich, Everton, Villa) and the lineups say otherwise. But I know I have seen it on more than one occasion and we have won the game when we've done it. I remember that on here and in the ground everyone was wondering if they he and Evans had swapped over, which they had.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

This is definitely a Marmite signing.  I just pray The Recruitment Team have got this one right and of course of late, they have delivered time after time. 

Respect for you giving him a chance. The first time he gets done on the turn I will be holding my breath to see the true glory of his recovery pace, it will probably be laughter and tears at the same time. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Amazed at the negativity in.this thread.

Ultimately, we're picking up what will be a 4th choice CB from a lower half PL team who themselves can only manage pickings off a Championship club.

And it wasn't long ago that we were looking to emulate Southampton's recruitment model lol

Some people need a reality check.  This is shrewd business from us both in the short and long term.

This is Why & where I have my biggest Pull down with this forum....

Building all These Inquisitions on whether a new Player is a Good fit or buy,without even giving him a chance..

Then the player makes a small mistake, and the  "told you so" brigade get on their high horses...

Ffs a Soyu mistake they still lambast 3 years later...Thats pretty sick...

I reckon the large majority of Conspiritists  ( for anything ) are lying around the  east-midland BShitting their crap across this forum...

They fail every time...!! But wait exciting for the Next victim...

Just wait & see and support the players first,before mouthing off..

What is so wrong that People believe they have the right to first criticise and place Judgement on  Incoming players, or other people...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Building all These Inquisitions on whether a new Player is a Good fit or buy,without even giving him a chance..

Then the player makes a small mistake, and the  "told you so" brigade get on their high horses...

I reckon the large majority of Conspiritists  ( for anything ) are lying around the  east-midland BShitting their crap across this forum...

What is so wrong that People believe they have the right to first criticise and place Judgement on  Incoming players, or other people...

Very well said .

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Paying £15m for a 29 year old with only 1 year left on his deal, when if the boot was on the other foot we'd get about £3m for such a player isn't that great a deal. Put it this way, we will be lucky to get £15m for Dennis Praet with 3 years left on his deal and 2 years younger. I'd rather we went for Kabak to be honest, it's not like we won't chuff up a good 70k a week for Vestergaard anyway and Kabak is equally as strong in the air and very athletic, plus 8 years younger.

Hey ho, at least he's likely an upgrade on Amartey and he is good at using the ball proficiently, will be welcome relief having another defender who can defend and attack set pieces too. Certainly by no means an atrocious signing on paper.

For whatever reason, I was quite enthused about the possibility of signing Kabak.

Vestergaard is more of a stop-gap than a plug-in and I think this transfer reflects the absolute necessity to establish a workable central defence, that is, two solid centre-backs and a reasonable sub.

Considering how much Jonny Evans cost, Vestergaard possibly isn't great vfm, but that wasn't the criteria this time - expediency was.

However, until Li'l Wes and Jonny achieve match fitness again, three functioning CBs isn't enough for the campaign results we all want to see.

City need one more proven CB to ensure adequate performance and adequate cover and if other players can be transferred out in order to finance or partially finance that then so be it.

Squad numbers aren't as important now as squad quality - again we're at the point where nothing but quality will see us into those top four places.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

:appl:

Pleased with this. The guy brings experience and is solid CB in a position we need to relieve pressure on. For those worried about the price, we sold Jeffrey for 12, 30 for Musa...just sayin. 

Edited by Blue Ed

I really don’t get some on here , wanting a RW rather than getting a CB , we have one left standing along with 2-3 make shift CB . I seen enough of our makeshift CB last year to know u can’t win enough games with the them playing must games . If anything we need another CB with the amount of games we will be playing , Iam happy with Ricardo doing his thing on the RW , 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Respect for you giving him a chance. The first time he gets done on the turn I will be holding my breath to see the true glory of his recovery pace, it will probably be laughter and tears at the same time. :thumbup:

Having long legs he should cover more ground ground :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I really don’t get some on here , wanting a RW rather than getting a CB , we have one left standing along with 2-3 make shift CB . I seen enough of our makeshift CB last year to know u can’t win enough games with the them playing must games . If anything we need another CB with the amount of games we will be playing , Iam happy with Ricardo doing his thing on the RW , 

We absolutely need a new right winger but since Fofana got injured a CB had to be the priority.

We can't sign another as well as Vestergaard though as our squad limits simply wouldn't allow for it without excluding a key midfielder or forward.

9 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Regards a winger remember the euphoria when we signed Under……place went wild, ultimately what did he actually deliver?

And we paid the price for it.

That's like saying if Vestergaard comes in and barely plays or is crap then was a centre half signing necessary?