Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

On the face of it £15M is probably a fair price. We’re desperate for a CB and every club knows it. That adds a premium to the price.

Like it or not, we are now being viewed as a top 6/7 club too, so that further hikes up the price. 

Finally, Vestergaard is an experienced CB in both Premier League and International football, who also gives us something different (and height). With Bertrand on set piece duty….

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Vestergaard cannot be the only option in Europe in terms of available CB's in a pandemic scenario.

Anyhow, it is going to interesting how this one turns out  -  i.e. either a Huth or Bennett signing.

Comparing Vestergaard with Ryan Bennett!!!!!😂😂😂...

Heaven forbid!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

If you dislike Schlupp you dislike football

7C875E4E-93DF-4422-A35D-8A192D855E73.gif

Jeffery Schlupp gave us all so many fond memories. But his best will always be the complete look of confusion as to why we were celebrating a 0-0 draw at Sunderland. He had no clue at all as to what was going on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

People are actually moaning about this. £15m doesn’t get you much these days, especially during a pandemic. 

Don’t forget we paid £12m for a goalkeeper who never plays. 

We have had a last minute problem, which is now solved and he will be 4th choice by the end of the season. He addresses the biggest problem we’ve had since, forever - set pieces. 

Also, he is 29, not 35. He has years left in him at City, Evans is 4 years older so he will be around as backup for a long time, so it is not wasted money. 

I think the reason for non universal acceptance of this deal is that some had their hearts set on Kabak or other potential options and will find any reason to devalue this deal.  

• Like 2

Compared to several of the CB's we've been linked with, Vestergard is a good signing (eg. Kabak, Gary Cahill)

Good combo of age 29 w ton of experience at club & international level.

Familiar playing with Bertrand and Denmark team mate of Kasper (who I think would have warned off Brendan, if he didn't rate him)

I think this is a case of "in Brendan we Trust"!!

Just imagine if we didn't sign anyone and we went into the new season with only Soyuncu as a recognized CB? Foxes need their traditional strong start and get up top from the start

9 hours ago, enmac said:

I really don't understand how we could spend so much money this window especially with the pandemic problems of the last 18 months. Not only the lack of fans but the losses the King Power business must have made. I thought we averaged about 22 M over the last 5 seasons or so. Doesn't seem to be any sign of players leaving. Surely, someone has to go? 

We do have the extra income this year through the shirt sponsorship. 

Find Saints claiming some super deal here a bit hypocritical really. When we were first linked Saints wanted £25 to £30 million and didn't want him to go. 

The fact our scouting team have spent that amount of time constantly tracking him says a lot - he certainly ticks a box in one area which we are lacking. He will also understand Kasper's aerial reluctance as well. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Find Saints claiming some super deal here a bit hypocritical really. When we were first linked Saints wanted £25 to £30 million and didn't want him to go. 

The fact our scouting team have spent that amount of time constantly tracking him says a lot - he certainly ticks a box in one area which we are lacking. He will also understand Kasper's aerial reluctance as well. 

14m is nothing really.

4 year deal means the amortised will be 3.5m which is similar for all our signings. Ghezzal probably covers that alone.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

52 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

He’s also not a panic buy as we’ve been linked previously so he’s been on the list and then kasper and Bertrand will have gave him a good reference I’m sure! 

solid signing for us.

Don't fans think the team have a list of targets for every position while the market is open.  He would have been one that they were ready to move for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, enmac said:

I really don't understand how we could spend so much money this window especially with the pandemic problems of the last 18 months. Not only the lack of fans but the losses the King Power business must have made. I thought we averaged about 22 M over the last 5 seasons or so. Doesn't seem to be any sign of players leaving. Surely, someone has to go? 

There are various factors which need to be taken into account. Positively, we have had three reasonably high earners off the books; Matty James, Fuchs and Morgan. Under is also off the wage bill, and Ghezzal will go too. We have bigger revenue streams with our new sponsorship deal (which is supposed to be really quite large) with FBS. Also, we have the increased money (again) from the Europa League, and winning the FA Cup & CS, with 5th place in the Prem finish money. On top of this, there has been a 'relaxing' of FFP due to the covid affects on clubs income, essentially, if an owner wants to dip into their own pocket they can. Debt to King Power will be being assessed against the future  income the stadium expansion and developments will bring in.

We're obviously in good hands, and our club and owners clearly know what they are doing.

I think our net spend will probably be circa £50m on transfers this summer. I expect two more to go. We'll also loan out a few. The wage bill needs to be balanced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

14m is nothing really.

4 year deal means the amortised will be 3.5m which is similar for all our signings. Ghezzal probably covers that alone.

It certainly isn't when everyone knows you need a CB as well - surprised Saints didn't try to play it out for a couple pot more weeks. 

The best thing about this is, he's completely different to our other CB's. Soyuncu and Fofana are the athletic and modern aggressive centre backs, Evans is the linchpin who holds everything together. Vestergaard is just a man mountain that will clear everything in the box and uses the ball brilliantly too. As someone put it before, he's the 2nd central defender, he'll let Soyuncu or Fofana attack the ball and he'll drop back.

Hope he does well here, if we play that stupid high line though and/or use him in a back 3 doing so then it'll be a blood bath.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This is Why & where I have my biggest Pull down with this forum....

Building all These Inquisitions on whether a new Player is a Good fit or buy,without even giving him a chance..

Then the player makes a small mistake, and the  "told you so" brigade get on their high horses...

Ffs a Soyu mistake they still lambast 3 years later...Thats pretty sick...

I reckon the large majority of Conspiritists  ( for anything ) are lying around the  east-midland BShitting their crap across this forum...

They fail every time...!! But wait exciting for the Next victim...

Just wait & see and support the players first,before mouthing off..

What is so wrong that People believe they have the right to first criticise and place Judgement on  Incoming players, or other people...

Exactly my sentiments bud, it's a fans forum where opinions is what it's all about! 

Sadly some because of their overtly strong opinions appear to want X player to fail so they can laud their negative input. I remember it very very clearly on here re a certain Mr Vardy!

With a strong negative input it is purely based on limited matches/highlights watched at an entirely different football club.

I've seen negative comments ranging from very slow, mistake waiting to happen, 4th or 5th choice , far too expensive.

My opinion , and purely that,  I think this is a very solid signing of of an experienced EPL and International player, played with 2 of our defense many times, fantastic in the air and potentially an integral part of our defense and tremendous value!

More than anything I personally will give him time to settle and base firmer opinions on how he plays at that point.

I remember very recently there were many meh and negative comments re Bertrand before he kicked a ball, that opinion appears to have swayed somewhat! COYB 

• Like 4