Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

As long as he doesn't make a habit of doing what Evans can be guilty of and ruin our high line by dropping back 5-10 yards and playing the other team onside then I'll be happy. With Bertrand's set pieces and his aerial ability, it'll be nice to have a bit more of a dangerous player in the opposition box.

12 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I've gone from thinking "oooh Danish friend"... to seeing he has 33 pace on FIFA... to thinking about how good he looked in the Euros... to reading Saints fans views... and back to the beginning again! He'll have pace around him, a keeper he knows, Ndidi in front of him, he plugs a gap in experience/height/sit back and mop up defensive nous and think he'll be great. Have a feeling by the end of the season he'll have proven himself a bargain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Exactly mate :)

Should have said "he's statistically 14% faster than our greatest ever captain" and the Vertergaard shirts would have sold out in under 20mins funding the entire transfer in one go.

21 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great signing if it goes through.  Although precipitated by WF's injury it is real cover for Evans as his injury will not go away and he could easily miss chunks of the season.  Probably wanted 'one for the future' this season and then an experienced CB next season (like Tarkovski) but means we have had to do it the other way round.   Loads of positives and massive prem league experience, adds height and something more in both boxes, knows 2 players already (almost Huth like !!).  Might not be so good with small nippy forwards but he has so many other players with speed around him (Bertrand, Cags, Ricky, Thomas, Wilf) that shouldn't be a problem.   Great bit of business imo.

The guy has just turned 29.  5 years younger than Johnny Evans, who is admired and loved.  so he should be a better than capable CB till his mid 30's at least, ala Wes Morgan as an example. Probably in his prime to be honest.

41 minutes ago, bovril said:

There's a great pub quiz question waiting to be written about us signing Bertrand and Vestergaard. 

As long as it doesn't involve being on the receiving end of 0-9 defeats for two different clubs... 

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Wasn’t Morgan one of those players who looked slow, but actually ran the 100m in 10.5 seconds? Wasyl was another. 

Yes and a lot more skilful too. I miss his little tricks when he was caught in possession high up the field. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

10.5? Could Vardy even run the 100m that quick? 

I’m being slightly hyperbolic. But I’m sure I remember seeing a stat that he was actually one of the fastest players in the prem in a straight sprint.

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

To be linked with him over the last couple of seasons means that Rodgers and the club rate him and they think he has the right attitude for the club.  I don't think he's pulled up many trees at the Saints but he seemed quite handy for Denmark.  I'm just going to sit on the fence with this one!

Confucius say, "Man who sit on fence get splinters in his arse..."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Jeffery Schlupp gave us all so many fond memories. But his best will always be the complete look of confusion as to why we were celebrating a 0-0 draw at Sunderland. He had no clue at all as to what was going on

Haha, love it. He bought a house near me a few months before apparently leaving  his girlfriend and pad for the starry lights of Selhurst!

Will always have a soft spot for the geezer, can’t hate him! (Although his ex-gf may…)

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

My thoughts on this.

Feels right to me.

The concerns over Barnes should he get injured are right on the money - no formation works without that burst of skill and pace somewhere.

Take no notice of @Ric Flair - he's been jilted by more right wingers than a government intern.

Overall - trying to not be OTT, I think we're gonna win the league.

I agree.

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

Nothing happens in a vacuum.  The club are responding to a real world event.

In an instant, our entire available depth at CB became Soyuncu, Amartey and Benkovic.  If we lost Cags in that situation, it's season over.  We'd be hard pressed to field even the dreaded 5 ATB.  Trying to cover CB with Ndidi or a FB out of position not only doesn't work, it wrecks our balance. 

RW is a weakness which Rodgers can at least stick a patch on by advancing our capable attacking midfielders or Ricardo.  We might not love an Albrighton - Perez - Praet rotation but is it really as bad as Soyuncu - Ndidi - nobody?

Even with Vestergaard, we still need Evans back before we can really breathe.

No panic,but thats fair enough assesment..

though if Rodgers,wants to occasionally Play a RW..ne das a Great Player in Albrighton, with him exChanging wings with Barnes i

during & around individual games.

I Dont see Why a RW is a must, Rodgers Sets up various Workstations during certain periods..& Even if we had a RW, how often do RW-enthusiastd

expect Rodgers/any manager to Play ( right wing)....him..

Plus Weekly Team list doesn't mean any said Front 6 or 3 player, plays that exact position...The old team sheet formation is  for the past..

So much Time wasted on Perez/Maddison/ even Vardy / Nacho.  Posters have seen Petra & Maddison picked in a wingers slot But they must be blind,

because they are always to be found Running, covering across & between the lines...:dunno: