Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Vestergaard cannot be the only option in Europe in terms of available CB's in a pandemic scenario.

Anyhow, it is going to interesting how this one turns out  -  i.e. either a Huth or Bennett signing.

It doesn’t have to be that black and white. He could just be solid and reliable, which is what I assume we have signed him for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

No panic,but thats fair enough assesment..

though if Rodgers,wants to occasionally Play a RW..ne das a Great Player in Albrighton, with him exChanging wings with Barnes i

during & around individual games.

I Dont see Why a RW is a must, Rodgers Sets up various Workstations during certain periods..& Even if we had a RW, how often do RW-enthusiastd

expect Rodgers/any manager to Play ( right wing)....him..

Plus Weekly Team list doesn't mean any said Front 6 or 3 player, plays that exact position...The old team sheet formation is  for the past..

So much Time wasted on Perez/Maddison/ even Vardy / Nacho.  Posters have seen Petra & Maddison picked in a wingers slot But they must be blind,

because they are always to be found Running, covering across & between the lines...:dunno:

Spoken has Yoda.

p.s Who's Petra? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Or have I got delusions of grandeur? Just got a feeling that this could be our year (again) 

I think 1 of the "big spenders" could have an off season and we could potentially sneak into 4th, but to win the title again with how those 4 have added to their squad? Afraid not 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

It doesn’t have to be that black and white. He could just be solid and reliable, which is what I assume we have signed him for.

I sincerely hope that the positivity from many surrounding this signing is proven to be well placed, as this will mean the Foxes have had a good season. That is the most important factor in all this not what I or anybody else thinks. In Brendan I trust 200%.

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And time. Could we afford to sign a player who may require 10 days quarantine? 

Quarantine regulations are as we know being relaxed all the time.  He may not play for 10 days anyway due to lack of preseason. Big Dan will be fine against Wolves.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Quarantine regulations are as we know being relaxed all the time.  He may not play for 10 days anyway due to lack of preseason. Big Dan will be fine against Wolves.

They weren’t for Varane, Romero and now oddly for Kane.

Hence I suspect the club prioritised a centre back in the UK over European options.

Couldn’t afford to have a player missing 10 days in a hotel from say 14th to 23rd. Woefully short of fitness because he can’t even get on a training ground (hilariously Morelos at Rangers was running around a hotel car park when he got back from the Copa America) and therefore having a player unavailable until after the international break. 

Vestergaard probably needs a week or so to get up to speed. Saints will have played behind closed doors bounce games. They fielded only four and five subs in their last two friendlies 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Do we think the urgency indicates that Evans is nowhere near returning?

1 month away according to Rodgers. 

I think the urgency is more because we probably needed a CB even before the Fofana injury. 

• Like 2