Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Jannik Vestergaard

Just now, The Fox Covert said:

Bet anything that Lawrenson predicts us to finish 9th, behind Spuds, the Arse and Everton. And drearily pontificates that the last two seasons City have been over-achieving!

I think every pundit will have us in either 5th or 6th place

26 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

We have to achieve top four, third time lucky.

If we don’t then B Rogers reputation will be damaged. It’s imperative that we make top four

Are you on the wind up?

I hope so. If not I'm not sure he can win with you. If he doesn't achieve top four his reputation will be damaged and if he does get 4th it's all down to luck.

26 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

We have to achieve top four, third time lucky.

If we don’t then B Rogers reputation will be damaged. It’s imperative that we make top four

It really won't be damaged. Right now he's considered by many as the best British coach. Another finish in the European spots only enhances that. 

A top 4 finish, with us (like it or not, we're still not regarded as one of the "top 6") will see his stock rise to one of the best coaches in Europe 

It's imperative that we don't see failure to make the top as a failure, because it isn't. It should be our aim, and I think the club were very disappointed not to go further in Europe last season, so I can see us concentrating on that. But if we miss out in top 4, then it's still not the end of the world, providing there's a decent run in Europe and a decent defence of the FA cup. 

Big Nige was right then and he'd still be right now, delusions of grandeur could be our downfall

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Even if we finish 7th and win the League Cup (for example) his reputation won't be damaged.

I'd actually take that if offered now.

I'd take top 6 or 7 plus a domestic trophy every season.

Only way to top that is by winning the league. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Even if we finish 7th and win the League Cup (for example) his reputation won't be damaged.

I'd actually take that if offered now.

True, but the fact is, in Aug. 2019 and Aug. 2020, 99 percent of the people on this site would have chopped off their willies for the results we achieved those seasons, but everyone complained in the end. I think a strong start, and not dropping stupid points, and a bit of magic dust could see us in top four, assuming we do our business against the big boys and they cannabalize each other. 

Okay, maybe a lot of magic dust.

• Like 1

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

True, but the fact is, in Aug. 2019 and Aug. 2020, 99 percent of the people on this site would have chopped off their willies for the results we achieved those seasons, but everyone complained in the end. I think a strong start, and not dropping stupid points, and a bit of magic dust could see us in top four, assuming we do our business against the big boys and they cannabalize each other. 

Okay, maybe a lot of magic dust.

The only disappointment came from losing out late on.

Flip the seasons about a little, have a slow start and the finish how we started meaning a run up the table and everyone is ecstatic with 2 5th place finishes, 2 europa league appearances and an fa cup, it's what we've dreamed about for so long.  

If we're all being honest, missing out on the top 4 for 2 seasons in a row the way we have done is disappointing, but we should all be able to take a step back and appreciate what we've done in a relatively short amount of time. It had adjusted our targets, as fans (maybe not internally) but it shouldn't be seen as a failure if we don't make it. I've said it time and time again but we are on a journey, I know that's a bit cliché, but where are on that journey currently means we have to remain competitive and as Geoff says, maybe add a little more silverware. 

Top 4 should be our aim in another 4 or 5 years maybe 

• Like 3

If he's training then the deal is signed, I can't think of a world where it would be allowed otherwise. 

Could be something as simple as the photographer or the marketing team isn't available to do his reveal pictures, videos or interviews yet

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If he's training then the deal is signed, I can't think of a world where it would be allowed otherwise. 

Could be something as simple as the photographer or the marketing team isn't available to do his reveal pictures, videos or interviews yet

I would be surprised if it wasn't announced by the club either tonight or early tomorrow morning. As you imply we know the fee and contract are done, if he's trained the afternoon session then his medical was done this morning, so it will just be signing paperwork and submitting them to the PL/FA.

Another training session with Cags tomorrow and he starts Saturday I reckon.

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  would have thought personal terms would have been the first thing!!!

Not much point talking to the club if their player is not interested. 

I’m sure I read it somewhere, you’re probably right though, makes no sense lol

2 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

I’m sure I read it somewhere, you’re probably right though, makes no sense lol

Personal terms these days are more or less sorted before the actual transfer fee is negotiated. 

• Thanks 1