Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jogsuk

Covid pass for matches

We all know security will give up after three attempts of asking people. When I went to the FA cup final I wasn’t asked to produce anything at Wembley……. And I can’t imagine they will be any better here. You could probably walk into the ground with an AK slung over your shoulder and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Is the card sufficient if you haven't got the app?

No it won't be. Think you can request written proof though. 

Although if you have a smartphone I'd just get the app, as stated its not the track and trace app just the NHS one.

52 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Still nothing on social media from any PL clubs. The only mention of this is a tiny, unadvertised article on the BBC and PL sites. Very strange.

Oh yes very strange lcfc leaving fans in the dark and not providing any info until seemingly the last minute. 

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So for the proof of test is this done via the nhs covid app and not the nhs app? 

Correct- proof of test is done on the NHS app (NOT the covid app) - the one that you log in to with your NHS number. The other app is technically anonymous so wouldn't work as proof.

You need to report a negative lateral flow test linked to your NHS number, then within a few hours you should be able to get your covid pass (which will be active for 48 hours). Or if you've had your second jab (and waited the 2 weeks for it to take effect) you should have a permanent pass by default I believe. There's also a 6-month pass if you've actually had Covid then tested negative (PCRs only).

You might be able to use the SMS/email that you get after reporting an LFT result as proof in lieu of the app, but I'm not 100% confident on that so don't quote me on it...

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's not just us though, I can't find mention of it from any other club either. 

Yeah I know. I’ve only seen Chelsea and Spurs confirm it so far. Hopefully we get something soon as if so I’ll need to take a test.

Think would be a lot easier to have a bit of paper as your passport, with your photo on like a real passport, then just whip it out your pocket and it's done, phones can be a pain in the arse, can break without warning, what are the chances of that obviously low but if you're on your way to a massive gig or football match you've forked out hundreds of quid for just to have your phone play up and not be able to attend. Must be a better way. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Think would be a lot easier to have a bit of paper as your passport, with your photo on like a real passport, then just whip it out your pocket and it's done, phones can be a pain in the arse, can break without warning, what are the chances of that obviously low but if you're on your way to a massive gig or football match you've forked out hundreds of quid for just to have your phone play up and not be able to attend. Must be a better way. 

You can do that via the Gov.uk website. 

For those of you that are going download and setup the app today if you haven't already as it takes 24 hours to approve, even once you have gone through the many tedious steps it involves.

I was just trying to get proof of my vaccinations via the NHS app, and good lord is it a massive hassle. Hopefully it's sorted out now though. 

This really does have the makings of an absolute fiasco.

As  I understand it the Prem have said that clubs should randomly checking folk.  Spuds and Cheatsea have said they are doing it.  Most other clubs havent said anything yet.

No one told anyone that had already bought tickets before the PL statement on monday, that they either need proof of 2 jabs or a lateral flow test.

What happens if you havent got proof?

Is proof now a condition of entry, because it wasnt when tickets were purchased?

It's all going to kick off at the turnstiles if people are barred from entry.

Edited by pleatout