Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jogsuk

Covid pass for matches

1 hour ago, Bert said:

What’s stopping people giving their season ticket to a pal and letting them log into their nhs app to use their Covid passport? 

Nothing, I think it’s going to end up being photo I.D. Not a problem, norwichfox is on his way to Argos to buy a new camera.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Take a photo of the screen with a camera, non digital, take the film down to boots, get it developed and then show them that. If you’re quick, you might just make the game.

Are Jessops any quicker?

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why are the Comms from the club so shit? Why say it's advised and then later in the same article say it's not going to be checked?

Doesn't it just say no check for the Wolves game to give fans the time to be prepared for te next home game.

“By preparing now for a possible future scenario where COVID status certification is made a mandatory condition of entry to football matches”

They know this won’t be mandatory unless Parliament change the Data Protection laws, the laws introduced whilst we were in the EU regarding GDPR still stand and they mean a vaccine passport currently goes against UK law. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

18 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

“By preparing now for a possible future scenario where COVID status certification is made a mandatory condition of entry to football matches”

They know this won’t be mandatory unless Parliament change the Data Protection laws, the laws introduced whilst we were in the EU regarding GDPR still stand and they mean a vaccine passport currently goes against UK law. 

which poor spot checker is going to have to stand there whilst someone blasts them for demanding to see their private medical information?

28 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Pretty sure there's been loads of events this year where covid status is a condition of entry, so I don't think there's much chance of it being against UK law. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryanside said:

Pretty sure there's been loads of events this year where covid status is a condition of entry, so I don't think there's much chance of it being against UK law. 

Whilst COVID restrictions were enforced by law as per the vote being approved in parliament. These events were part of the government’s “Events Research Programme”, the people who went to the FA Cup final and other events that were part of the research had to agree and sign up to the research programme. Once those emergency laws have expired, which is October I believe? The government will have to change the law regarding Data Protection in Parliament.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/information-on-the-events-research-programme/information-on-the-events-research-programme

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Whilst COVID restrictions were enforced by law as per the vote being approved in parliament. These events were part of the government’s “Events Research Programme”, the people who went to the FA Cup final and other events that were part of the research had to agree and sign up to the research programme. Once those emergency laws have expired, which is October I believe? The government will have to change the law regarding Data Protection in Parliament.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/information-on-the-events-research-programme/information-on-the-events-research-programme

It all depends on how its implemented. Data protection laws will only come in if Lcfc or whoever are storing data, if you are providing the data only then there is no issue. 

In terms of agreeing to be in the program, I've not checked but I'm 99% sure Lcfc wil have a clause on tickets saying entry can be refused for whatever reason. 

Whilst the temporary laws may expire in October, new ones will be being drafted to succeed them. These will come into play come October unless Boris deems them unnecessary by then, but whether they'll be enforced strictly is a different question. 

1 minute ago, Ryanside said:

It all depends on how its implemented. Data protection laws will only come in if Lcfc or whoever are storing data, if you are providing the data only then there is no issue. 

In terms of agreeing to be in the program, I've not checked but I'm 99% sure Lcfc wil have a clause on tickets saying entry can be refused for whatever reason. 

Whilst the temporary laws may expire in October, new ones will be being drafted to succeed them. These will come into play come October unless Boris deems them unnecessary by then, but whether they'll be enforced strictly is a different question. 

The issue with the temporary laws expiring is that many Conservative MPs are resisting the vaccine passports. If Labour sniff a victory against Boris, the talk is that they will vote against the necessary steps to introduce them as law in Parliament as well. There’s no guarantee that vaccination will be mandatory like the government have suggested. 

13 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

I'm planning on using the NHS app for games when this comes in. My question is, with most mobile signals being terrible in and around the ground due to the amount of people trying to use them, what happens when the app doesn't load properly? Will it work offline? 

Yep can download pdf or offline copy by email…..

ED544194-242E-46CB-A893-56AFEF9949BA.png

• Like 1

Don’t know why people are complaining about rules set down by the club or referencing data protection laws, it’s a private company and they can do what they like and they have the right to refuse entry. The only reason I can think of is fans going with another persons season ticket and they’re worried about it being checked along with their covid status

9 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

IMG-20210812-WA0000.thumb.jpg.4c6ccd1056ca77cd90a6fd67216681ae.jpg

You don't actually NEED to have an NHS pass to attend events and venues if you declare yourself exempt.

Better to get your info straight from the source. They are also working on having an exemption option in the pass. 

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/using-the-nhs-covid-pass/#exemptions

Edited by Ryanside

15 minutes ago, Ryanside said:

Better to get your info straight from the source. They are also working on having an exemption option in the pass. 

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/using-the-nhs-covid-pass/#exemptions

Told you it went against the GDPR laws to force people to declare their medical information. Saying you are exempt is all you need to do. 

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Told you it went against the GDPR laws to force people to declare their medical information. Saying you are exempt is all you need to do. 

But you are not declaring your medical information, showing your COVID pass doesn’t state if you have had a vaccine or not 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

But you are not declaring your medical information, showing your COVID pass doesn’t state if you have had a vaccine or not 

If your customer confirms that they have a self declared exemption, but is unable to show any evidence, you should allow them access to your venue or event. You must not ask for proof of their medical exemption and it is not essential they show any form of exemption card at any point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If your customer confirms that they have a self declared exemption, but is unable to show any evidence, you should allow them access to your venue or event. You must not ask for proof of their medical exemption and it is not essential they show any form of exemption card at any point.

The exemption will soon be made available on the COVID pass app so you will need to show the COVID pass app in the future even if you are exempt