Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

It probably fits the history that Rodgers has a habit of saying one thing then doing completely the other. 

But perhaps Vestergaard wasn't up to scratch. 

'a better sporting option' to stay here even though by that time he'd realised he wasn't playing much? That bit doesn't make sense. 

Probably started from scratch and club realised he still wasn't good enough or up to standard compared to everyone else. 

So do 80%+ of managers…dont start another reason to blame Rodgers!! Ffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

lol if he believed Rodgers words over his actions then he deserves everything he gets.

It was clear he wasn't favoured here, even after we wasted so much money on him. He'd have to be beyond stupid to think he'd get a sniff of a chance unless about 3/4 players got injured.

Us accepting an offer on him when it looked like it would leave us with Evans, Amartey and an even more out-of-favour Soyncu as recognised CBs was one tell

6 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Us accepting an offer on him when it looked like it would leave us with Evans, Amartey and an even more out-of-favour Soyncu as recognised CBs was one tell

Haha yep. My instinct tells me he's not being wholly truthful about it all, because literally anyone with a brain could see that he's not fancied here. Regardless of what anyone says. Like you say, accepting offers from clubs is quite a giveaway lol. Being behind Choudary and Ndidi in the pecking order was another one that must have escaped his notice.

Edited by filbertway
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha yep. My instinct tells me he's not being wholly truthful about it all, because literally anyone with a brain could see that he's not fancied here. Regardless of what anyone says. Like you say, accepting offers from clubs is quite a giveaway lol. Being behind Choudary and Ndidi in the pecking order was another one that must have escaped his notice.

..... at one point I thought we might even try a can of baked beans in the CB position rather than risking Jannik 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Surely we had Faes lined up at that point.

1 hour ago, Viva said:

You can't compare a Premier League player to a normal career like the rest of us. He should have enough saved by now, to not have to worry about money for the rest of his life. So if the World Cup was his boyhood dream, he should have made it happen. In his words, his salary at Fulham wouldn't have been much different anyway.

He's a bit stupid if he thought he would get more minutes here than at Fulham who were willing to pay good money for him. 

It's clearly not about the money, he's obviously backed himself to improve his form and not succeeded. I wonder how many football players become professional without rating their own ability...

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Surely we had Faes lined up at that point.

Who knows? Obviously 'lined up' doesn't mean done deal, whereas I don't think it's using hindsight to say the Fofana deal looked very likely to go through given his antics.

I struggle to see how it makes Vestergaard's own case for staying here any more sound. Either we were prepared to do without him even though it risked us going 'bare-bones', or we didn't want him as fifth choice with either Fofana or A.N.Other ahead of him.

Bottom line is the club made their real desire known by their actions in August. Any subsequent words he's claiming, about 'starting from scratch', sound like weak sauce. What would have been the value to the club in telling him 'nah mate, you've played your last game here' at the start of the season?

Edited by turtmcfly

2 hours ago, bmt said:

It's clearly not about the money, he's obviously backed himself to improve his form and not succeeded. I wonder how many football players become professional without rating their own ability...

He has a brain though and would have been able to work out that last season he was at best, 6th choice. That’s a lot of improving to do over the summer to force himself into the top three to be able to get regular minutes in the team. 

5 hours ago, bmt said:

He had to have been told he had no future here and to take any offer... you'd think it would be easier to back himself with a team that wanted him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bmt said:

Doesn't his failure to go to Fulham prove it is all about the money ? I would guess they offered him a lower salary than what he is on now and that's the reason he turned it down ? He would obviously have had more game time and improved his chances of being picked for the Word Cup...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/11/2022 at 10:50, fuchsntf said:

He made the wrong call,he got burnt…

I sympathise with him,in how it’s ran it’s course,from those young boys dreams.

but he forgot the practicality of life,that many  ( of us ) experience on those major calls that one has to face..

I thought with his International ( not Soto) performances,he would be a good addition to our squad, but somehow his foxes career never got out of the den..

and he seemed to fail on his strengths…

He actually has been pretty mediocre also in the national team so even if he´d got playing time here, that would in no way have guaranteed him a place at the WC...

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

He actually has been pretty mediocre also in the national team so even if he´d got playing time here, that would in no way have guaranteed him a place at the WC...

Oh I can understand that…not even too much Sympathie.

I am sure around the country,there are enough young boys & girls,who just missed out on their dreams,and have no financial fallback like Profi-footballers..

On 16/11/2022 at 08:45, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Should have moved when he had the chance, stayed for money and deserved not to go unfortunately 👍

...he said that was not the case, the finance was about the same, it seems he believed he would get the opportunity to prove himself!!!

It seems he was expecting to play, looking back you can say it was an opportunity missed for him, but he sounds settled at the club.

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he said that was not the case, the finance was about the same, it seems he believed he would get the opportunity to prove himself!!!

It seems he was expecting to play, looking back you can say it was an opportunity missed for him, but he sounds settled at the club.

He would say that though wouldn’t he, it’s not like he’s going to admit he stayed purely for the money

Edited by BroughtonFox

On 18/11/2022 at 00:03, sacreblueits442 said:

On what basis was he expecting to play though? He was signed when Fofana got injured last season and quickly proved he wasn't the answer and wasn't used for the rest of the season. At the start of this this transfer window Fofana was fit again so that was another place down the pecking order for Vestergaard to fall. Then when all the transfer shit with Fofana kicked off, we started using any other possible combination that didn't involve Vestergaard, including playing midfielders in defence. Fofana left, we quickly sign Faes, the transfer window is still open. He could have left, he could have pushed for a move, his agent could have touted him out and tried to get interest, but he's seemly happy to sit on his arse and collect £60k a week rather than get a little less at Fulham and actually play, and therefore keep his World Cup hope alive. I'm sure he's settled, but sometimes you have to leave a settle environment to get what you ultimately want. Imo from how it's played out, the money was more important than the play time and ultimately a world cup spot.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The most interesting thing about JV is why we signed him at all? Surely his skill set was well enough known - Kasper has played with him for years ffs - to know he wouldn’t suit Brendan’s style of defending. And once Little Wes got injured it was essential that we signed someone who would. I honestly believe his arrival and the non-arrival of a more suitable centre back cost us a place in Europe. We weren’t that far off in the end and if the defence had been properly reinforced - as it clearly needed to be - we’d probably have made it. Whoever took the lead in bringing him to King Power needs to have learned a big lesson from what followed.