Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves H Match Thread

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Mate. How many footballers have had covid? How many have been hospitalised? 

He'll have a few sniffles and back in no time. 

How am I meant to have those figures to hand? I dunno maybe 125 have had it?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

There's a fair few footballers who got struck down for months with long covid. 

If it has spread, that increases the chances of one of our players getting long covid. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

How am I meant to have those figures to hand? I dunno maybe 125 have had it?

Basically loads have had it. And it's not been serious for any of them. These are fit young men - therefore extremely unlikely to be hospitalised. 

Covid much better than him getting an injury that keeps him out for 4-6 weeks which was my first fear. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Plenty have had long covid symptoms that’s hurt their performance and plenty more have contaminated the team causing multiple people to isolate. Not counting how their families or non playing staff could be effected. 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

There's a fair few footballers who got struck down for months with long covid. 

If it has spread, that increases the chances of one of our players getting long covid. 

Absolutely.

There was a lot of speculation that Soyuncu was really struggling with long covid at the end of last season. Apparently he got hit pretty hard with it and he never looked the same player once he came back from covid last season.

Edited by Sampson

Pleased to see big Dan keeping his place. had a good game last saturday and deserves to start. Vestergaard will obviously be above him in the pecking order long term, but it would have been poor man management from BR if he had dropped him for a guy who only signed a day ago.

As the old adage says possession is 9/10 and Amartey is currently holding the shirt. Keep putting in good performances like he did against Man City and he keeps his place. As big a loss as L'il Wes is going to be, its a great opportunity for others, including Dan, to step up and show that they are worth their place in the squad.

When i look at our bench, add in a couple from those that we have to come back, and there are a few teams in this division that wouldn't fancy playing against them. Strength in depth is what let us down ultimately last season, but looking at that bench now it feels like a whole different ball game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Basically loads have had it. And it's not been serious for any of them. These are fit young men - therefore extremely unlikely to be hospitalised. 

Covid much better than him getting an injury that keeps him out for 4-6 weeks which was my first fear. 

It messed up a few players from Newcastle really bad though. I do agree though re the second point. I’m hoping we don’t have any serious injuries this season.

Thinking of a good win for our boys in blue today Vardy scoring in the 10th Minute Daka coming on at 55min to grab a goal or 3, our defensive lads need to keep their eyes on Trincao today pity we couldn’t of nabbed him but we’ve got a great team that Brendan is putting together !

Unfortunately I’m away for this one so will be trying to grab a stream if I can ?

COME ON YOU AMAZING FOXES ARMY LETS GRAB THIS GAME GET ALL 3 POINTS START AS WE MEAN TO GO ON !💙🦊 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Obviously I don’t want to see any of our players have a poor game. But I just don’t see why Brendan persists with Perez. Does anyone else, what does he bring to our game and how poor does he have to be in order to get left out. 

Whenever I read these on Matchday one, I get flashbacks to the Middlesbrough thread in 2013-14 and one particular comment that said 'he's going to persist with Drinkwater and Vardy isn't he?' lol

I'll reserve judgement for 5 o clock today.

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

The 2 boys at Newcastle suffered quite badly if I remember correctly?

Edited by tom27111

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Well he'll have to self isolate for 10 days and then see how he is. If it affects him badly he could be out for a while.

Let's hope others don't go down with it.

Today will be a nervy affair in my opinion. Don't think we've looked that good pre-season but it is now that counts. 1-0 either way for me.

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Whenever I read these on Matchday one, I get flashbacks to the Middlesbrough thread in 2013-14 and one particular comment that said 'he's going to persist with Drinkwater and Vardy isn't he?' lol

I'll reserve judgement for 5 o clock today.

Be in no doubt I’d love to be proved wrong 

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Birmingham keeper Neil Etheridge was hospitalised with it the other week tbf.