Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

LCFC food service

Just now, NAKC20 said:

At the next home game I'm going to take the elastic band off of my clapper and strap myself to 'Pie Corner' in block G1/SK1 and protest until I get a pint with a head on it

It would take them about a month to tell anyone about you 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I a saw an electronic sign/order panel in the East Stand concourse which looks like you'll be able to order food and drink. There was also an option to say when you wanted it to be available suggesting to me that you'd be able to order for half-time.

Something tells me that's going to work really well with several thousand fans all wanting their food after 45+ mins.

Sounds like Chaos theory is going to be demonstrated.

Chaos theory, in mechanics and mathematics, the study of apparently random or unpredictable behaviour in systems governed by deterministic laws. A more accurate term, deterministic chaos, suggests a paradox because it connects two notions that are familiar and commonly regarded as incompatible.

Arrived later than usual yesterday and noticed no queues for the food kiosks. Waltzed over to get a drink only to be directed to a self service ordering machine. 
Despite the touchscreen being poor, I ordered and collected in a few mins which was great. 

was it working ok earlier and how about half time?  

2 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Arrived later than usual yesterday and noticed no queues for the food kiosks. Waltzed over to get a drink only to be directed to a self service ordering machine. 
Despite the touchscreen being poor, I ordered and collected in a few mins which was great. 

was it working ok earlier and how about half time?  

My son went down at half time see whether it was worth considering next game and he thought it looked very good. Most people standing around drinking, a few at the touchscreens and a few collecting their orders. Most importantly no massive blockage of people queuing. Said it looked like a normal pub.

Only noticed the screens for the 1st time last night (we go in through turnstyle's 25-27) but got a pint at Pie corner just by ordering as normal. Wonder if it works but did notice the queues were a lot smaller at the main service point. Assume then you order, get a printed receipt and then simply hand it over the counter and your food & drinks are given to you straight away by a smiling assistant? What if you order it for half time? Can you collect from the 32nd minute as that's when the mass exodus seems to start nowadays.

Haven’t eaten outside or at the ground for ages and decided to go to one of the vans outside for once as me and the old man were strapped for time before the game. Was quite shocked at the prices. Paid nye on £17 for a burger and two small portions of chips. Really quite bonkers how dreadful fan service has become. 

I know it’s not a club specific issue in that case but it did stump me a bit. I know they’re not arsed though because they know we’ll pay it. 

Got a hot chocolate at the Newcastle game as I was freezing and I had to basically ask the guy serving if he wanted me to pay. Served the order and then just walked off!

So I’m not surprised to hear that a system replacing half-arsed students who want to be anywhere other than a football stadium is showing itself to be more effective.

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Haven’t eaten outside or at the ground for ages and decided to go to one of the vans outside for once as me and the old man were strapped for time before the game. Was quite shocked at the prices. Paid nye on £17 for a burger and two small portions of chips. Really quite bonkers how dreadful fan service has become. 

I know it’s not a club specific issue in that case but it did stump me a bit. I know they’re not arsed though because they know we’ll pay it. 

Have the vans outside any link to LCFC, surely they're all independent operators.

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Got a hot chocolate at the Newcastle game as I was freezing and I had to basically ask the guy serving if he wanted me to pay. Served the order and then just walked off!

So I’m not surprised to hear that a system replacing half-arsed students who want to be anywhere other than a football stadium is showing itself to be more effective.

Better than me the other year, I ordered a pint paid and then walked off without it.

On 21/03/2022 at 19:14, NAKC20 said:

At the next home game I'm going to take the elastic band off of my clapper and strap myself to 'Pie Corner' in block G1/SK1 and protest until I get a pint with a head on it

Or you could just lock yourself to the goalpost with a Tee shirt saying you want “ MORE HEAD !” 🤷

29 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Honestly if I were the architect for a football stadium I wouldn't include food service. Seems a waste of time. Get your dinner before you go in or bring a flask of tea. If you can't handle that then don't go out the house; you're obviously a danger to public safety.

Woods coaches to away games. Guaranteed .

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, evostic said:

Agree. Nothing gained really. Just spend more time browsing what you can buy, holding  up a a queue people wanting to do similar, when could already be queueing while looking at an old school menu and making up your mind!

Exactly this. Saved next to no time and you order at a screen just to then queue up again and tell them at the front what you’ve ordered and then have to wait for them to fetch or pour your drinks. Shambles really