Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

LCFC food service

On 14/08/2021 at 19:05, Gravel said:

It still baffles me why they dont get some pay with card vending machines for soft drinks, crisps and choc to avoid some of the queues. 

....perhaps it may be part of any contract they have with the caterers!!!

Any other food outlets whether it be, through vending or kiosk will not be driving business to the contracted caterers so depriving them of sales.

I wonder if all these dissatisfied supporters are passing this information to the club in order for them to look more deeply prior to contract renewals. As with a lot of things, people do not complain at the time but vote with their feet.

1 hour ago, Guppy Assist said:

Firstly it was great to be back, enjoying the game and seeing so many happy fans.  Atmosphere was OK, yes not amazing but it's a strange time.  Stewards were all helpful and pleasant, club gets a lot right and a warm can of Fosters or a bottle of water was fine, thanks for that.  And a win, great stuff.

But inside the concourse the club is getting so much wrong.  It's laughable. I have forwarded my thoughts to the club previously and on the current request for feedback on the latest plans by the way.  Not just on a fans forum!  We are in the North Stand and moved to the "new" shrunken family section.

- Catering team needs binning off ASAP.  Yes we signed a contract with whatever the company is called.  Do we know when this ends?  Can't the club buy it out?  They are simply horrendous.  Don't blame the people working there, they are temporary staff, on minimum wage with little to no training.  It's hopeless, the product offering is terrible and the wait times are ridiculous, before the match it's bad, but half time don't bother!

- Get in independent companies who care for their product and service, look for small Leicestershire based companies who run individual stalls.  They will care and they will improve the offerings 5000%.  Even bigger companies who know how to run an outlet would improve things.

- Vending machines - easy to stock, easy for customers, reduces queuing, a complete no brainer.  Install some.

- A drinks only bar - spread the load, speed up the process, cater for the ones wanting a beer only.  

- Toilets - these are as bad as things get.  No soap, no hot water, no hygiene levels.  We are coming out of a pandemic, but who cares.  Just pile in and straight out.

- One way signs - don't put stickers on the floor - who reads them?  No one - did you know there was an entrance and exit to each toilet?  It was marked on the floor....

- Space - not much space, cram everyone in.  I looked at it and there would be no issues at all with installing a second floor where the stairwells spin round.  A mezzanine floor would go in there without any issues, at a reasonable cost and allow space to drink, eat, sit, enjoy your pint.

Anyway I did enjoy being back.

The sign outside saying "no more than 15 people at a time" with literally about 150 crammed inside made me laugh. lol

• Haha 1

To this day I still don't understand why they don't spend the 45 minutes of the match preparing for half time. Just pour a shit load of beer, it will speed up service, you'll sell more, you'll make more money.... but nah. We'll have about 5 sat there and pour on demand. 

• Like 2

We went into the 1884 bar at about 13.30 to watch the early game and have a pint before it got too crowded. There was a very civilised single file queue to the bar of about 20 people. After 20 minutes the queue had not moved an inch so we gave up and went into the ground early. 

The concourse was nearly empty so we were straight to the front of the queue. My lad wanted a hot dog only to be told they didn't sell them but we could try a different kiosk. So we did this only to be told they hadn't started to cook them yet. By now it was 10 past 2. Settled on a burnt sausage roll and a flat pint of San Miguel for an extortionate amount. The whole process took ages and involved 3 staff staring in bewilderment at the till like it was the control pad of a helicopter. I hate to think how bad it got when there was big queues.

Our club get so much right - sadly that does not yet include the catering. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To this day I still don't understand why they don't spend the 45 minutes of the match preparing for half time. Just pour a shit load of beer, it will speed up service, you'll sell more, you'll make more money.... but nah. We'll have about 5 sat there and pour on demand. 

Before compass took over and it used to be done in-house, this was what happened everything was geared for half time, it wasn’t brilliant but it was a million times better then what it is now 

1 minute ago, floz said:

The whole process took ages and involved 3 staff staring in bewilderment at the till like it was the control pad of a helicopter.

Tbf to them, they're likely on minimum wage and by sounds of other posts were being trained on the job. So chances are they haven't used a till regularly before and they can be confusing at first. 

• Like 1

On 14/08/2021 at 18:42, LCFCCHRIS said:

They seem to have new staff every game via the agency. Can't they just get a regular pool of permanent workers that will do a good job? I know they'd need a contract but surely for the better service it'd be worth it. 

Basically the catering company get in students every year. So it’s a constant churn. As you can imagine this year it would have been tougher to do that. 

Compass’s contract must cover the outside of the ground as well. 

Really they should be using a local brewery for beer and outside locally based street food vans/stalls. This is pretty much common place at PL grounds now. 

• Like 4

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Basically the catering company get in students every year. So it’s a constant churn. As you can imagine this year it would have been tougher to do that. 

Compass’s contract must cover the outside of the ground as well. 

Really they should be using a local brewery for beer and outside locally based street food vans/stalls. This is pretty much common place at PL grounds now. 

Even Cov do this.

Really hope Framework/Everards/Charwood/Braybrooke are on at the club to let them get in on the expansion stuff.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf to them, they're likely on minimum wage and by sounds of other posts were being trained on the job. So chances are they haven't used a till regularly before and they can be confusing at first. 

This is it. My other half went through the whole process. They will elect the ones with experience to man the corporate areas. The rest get thrown on the other parts of the ground. Literally they would have handful of people turn up get told where they are working and just walk off. They falsely advertise in most cases and with the zero hour contract they can abuse it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Even Cov do this.

Really hope Framework/Everards/Charwood/Braybrooke are on at the club to let them get in on the expansion stuff.

It’s so common now. Huddersfield famously started it off. 

A lot of City fans will notice when they go Spurs, you provide something which is a bit more than cold concrete in a plastic cup then people start to prefer it rather than the pub. Did have to giggle when I saw the free beer was Fosters 

Although speaking to a Bournemouth fan, they were getting served £4.20 for a can of Carling this weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s so common now. Huddersfield famously started it off. 

A lot of City fans will notice when they go Spurs, you provide something which is a bit more than cold concrete in a plastic cup then people start to prefer it rather than the pub. Did have to giggle when I saw the free beer was Fosters 

Although speaking to a Bournemouth fan, they were getting served £4.20 for a can of Carling this weekend. 

Knowing a small amount about how last minute the freebies are directed from the top brass, crap beer like that will likely have been all they were able to source last minute. 

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

does my memory deceive me or did they used to have a hog roast type thing at the back of the kop at Filbert Street? 

Used to be able to get a pork cob with stuffing, apple sauce and crackling for about £2!

You are not wrong It definitely existed, there was several kiosks around the ground that had it

I know fvck all about transfers or team lineups, but I've got a bit of ITK knowledge with regards to this. 

I said it in another thread that the contract with Levy ends sooner rather than later. They've had it for a long time. 

Whether or not they get awarded the contract again is obvs up to the club and that decision has yet to be made. 

Award it to whoever promises to bring back the balti pies. 

I'm sure people were complaining about Compass and talking about their contract running out when I first started posting on FT, which was more than ten years ago. Either this contract is the longest in history or it has been renewed at some point during that time. Are we sure its even still them?

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

Take a boost bar and don't miss the goal in the 46th minute!

If you need a slash do what everyone else does in the East Stand next to the away fans, just take your dongle out and pee on someone's else's seat! (that's probably why we all stand up in that area to be fair)

24 minutes ago, floz said:

We went into the 1884 bar at about 13.30 to watch the early game and have a pint before it got too crowded. There was a very civilised single file queue to the bar of about 20 people. After 20 minutes the queue had not moved an inch so we gave up and went into the ground early. 

The concourse was nearly empty so we were straight to the front of the queue. My lad wanted a hot dog only to be told they didn't sell them but we could try a different kiosk. So we did this only to be told they hadn't started to cook them yet. By now it was 10 past 2. Settled on a burnt sausage roll and a flat pint of San Miguel for an extortionate amount. The whole process took ages and involved 3 staff staring in bewilderment at the till like it was the control pad of a helicopter. I hate to think how bad it got when there was big queues.

Our club get so much right - sadly that does not yet include the catering. 

Club could do much more with the 1884 bar if they had some initiative / bought things in house.

You wouldn’t even know it’s there if it wasn’t for word of mouth

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm sure people were complaining about Compass and talking about their contract running out when I first started posting on FT, which was more than ten years ago. Either this contract is the longest in history or it has been renewed at some point during that time. Are we sure its even still them?

It's still them. They've had it since 2008 I believe.

I used to work at welford road when I was at university and I think the same company still provides staff to city as well. 

The slow service on Saturday would have been down to almost all new staff. Most people employed are uni/college students, lots would have moved on since they last had to work there so this would have been mostly an entirely new bunch. The training provided is about an hour in total, covering changing kegs, pouring pints and working the tills, which isn’t really enough and explains why everyone is so uncomfortable on the tills. 

We also used to get told to half pour pints in preparation for the busy periods i.e. just before kick off and half time, so that we could serve as quick as possible. But then you have the problem that lots of the pints are flat so people are complaining and it takes even longer.

It’s hard to keep up with the demand of 30k people in 15 minutes tbf, especially when you’ve barely been trained. 

As for short stock, that’s just managers forgetting to oder in the kegs most likely, happened quite often. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Club could do much more with the 1884 bar if they had some initiative / bought things in house.

You wouldn’t even know it’s there if it wasn’t for word of mouth

Visited the stadium bar at Valerenga with their ultras. It is actually owned by the biggest supporter group there who are it turns out are wealthier than the club itself. Anyway the pub was great, wall to wall history and merch. Open all week and acts as a strong meeting place to watch the away games for fans who are not choosing to travel.

Hardly ground breaking other than it is supporter group owned but shows how much the club on occasions really do lack spark and initiative.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2