Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

LCFC food service

On 16/08/2021 at 20:18, Blackboots only said:

Don’t normally bother buying beer or food at the ground, but the local hero was rammed and the outside bar which is generally quicker was cash only, which I didn’t have. 
So we went straight to the ground, had a free can of warm fosters and went straight in. 
The queue was small but ridiculously slow. 
3 pints of lager and 3 balti pies, which were dry, overcooked and lacking in filling. 
Total cost ? 

….,, £29.70 😮😮

never ever again 

Are the Balti pies back? Surely there should be some sort of fanfare announcement on the official website and twitter if so! 

On 14/08/2021 at 19:14, Ashley said:

Went to the Euros this summer. Wembley have it nailed. 

Yes, it was Heineken cans but they were being poured onto a table on a constant basis. 

Worst thing about it was it was a paper cup and you could only pay card. They must have made serious money during the tournament ££££

Yes i thought the same at wembley over the summer. The massive queues went away rapidly, considering the concourses seemed to be full an hour before KO, they did an excellent job.

However £6.50 for a warm can of heineken, not in a million years for me. They must've made tonnes of cash

On 14/08/2021 at 18:36, goose2010 said:

First time in years I've bought anything in the ground. 

Pre match Asked for Guinness...didnt have any. Asked for a Sausage roll didn't have any... Ended up getting 2 pints, 2 pies and a chocolate bar for me andy mate. £22! Won't be using them again. 

How can you run out of stuff an hour before kick off?!

Without knowing the inside story I wouldn't be too quick to blame the caterers on this one, supply chains across the country are fvcked so it's entirely possible that they were left hanging, even on something as seemingly ubiquitous as sausage roll.

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Without knowing the inside story I wouldn't be too quick to blame the caterers on this one, supply chains across the country are fvcked so it's entirely possible that they were left hanging, even on something as seemingly ubiquitous as sausage roll.

Don't open then it was a shocker. I understand about global shortages in basically every thing at the minute but just advertise it.

Bit like Swansea did last night.

On 16/08/2021 at 15:35, sacreblueits442 said:

....perhaps it may be part of any contract they have with the caterers!!!

Any other food outlets whether it be, through vending or kiosk will not be driving business to the contracted caterers so depriving them of sales.

I wonder if all these dissatisfied supporters are passing this information to the club in order for them to look more deeply prior to contract renewals. As with a lot of things, people do not complain at the time but vote with their feet.

Having worked in procurement buying soft services (catering, cleaning, security, etc) I can say that Compass are able to provide vending machines. Indeed, as part of a contract I was working on, a couple of NHS sites down south had them installed by Compass, as well as the regular catering provision in the canteens etc. They (Compass) then obviously replenish the stock in them, and take most (if not all) of the profit.

I think it's quite possible that the club or Compass are wary of vending machines being vandalised, especially in the more rowdy parts of the ground - if the idea to install them at the King Power Stadium has even occured to them.

Edited by Incognito
  • Like 1

Just now, l444ry said:

Leicester City are suffering like everyone else. Almost every industry or sector is suffering from lack of trained staff and rising prices. Blame the twats that voted Brexit.  

Not to get into a discussion about politics but I'm pretty sure COVID has had more of an impact than Brexit. 

• Like 2

Just now, peach0000 said:

Not to get into a discussion about politics but I'm pretty sure COVID has had more of an impact than Brexit. 

If you say so but still doesn't explain why I was delivered a Bottle of Red when I'd ordered a Trebbiano.

• Haha 3

Just now, l444ry said:

If you say so but still doesn't explain why I was delivered a Bottle of Red when I'd ordered a Trebbiano.

COVID has caused some really odd staffing issues though, especially in hospitality. Those in that sector were off work for so long too many have moved on to different industries leaving places short staffed, with no staff or with first time/inexperienced staff.  

10 hours ago, l444ry said:

Leicester City are suffering like everyone else. Almost every industry or sector is suffering from lack of trained staff and rising prices. Blame the twats that voted Brexit.  

10 hours ago, peach0000 said:

The catering situation was terrible pre brexit and pre covid I'm not having either of them as an excuse. It's badly managed and executed. Always has been. 

Neither of them are too blame for the poor toilet situation either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As far as pricing goes, I would be surprised if the catering contract does not contain some sort of pricing cap. The majority of large workplace canteens are now operated under franchises and it is common practice to have a set pricing menu. Went to Download festival a couple years back and the catering there was brilliant.In the actual arena itself, it was  all individual kiosks, some small local event caterers, which gave a great variety (fish & chips, noodles, burgers, curry, pasties/pies etc. lots of veggie/vegan options too) everything was a fixed price, which speeded up the queues as everyone had the right money ready etc. It was not cheap, but it was decent value considering it was a captive audience.

48 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The catering situation was terrible pre brexit and pre covid I'm not having either of them as an excuse. It's badly managed and executed. Always has been. 

Whats the issue with the toilets? I went for a usual half time piss and the queue moved quickly, was in and out within minutes.

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

I’ve not used the catering in over a decade. Mainly just got wound up by someone calling brexit voters twats (not saying I am one) just unhelpful, divisive and really should have no place on a football forum. I shouldn’t have really bitten!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Why was filberts treats not open in the family stand shocking!

Too busy on here having a swing at Remainers. :ph34r:

18 hours ago, Filberts Treat said:

Can you delete this pathetic comment please Mods?

• Haha 1