Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

LCFC food service

13 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The catering situation was terrible pre brexit and pre covid I'm not having either of them as an excuse. It's badly managed and executed. Always has been. 

Neither of them are too blame for the poor toilet situation either. 

....probably there are personnel in place who really should not be there!!!

If the same people are still in the positions that controls the day to day running of the club and monitors match day operations. You are going to continually get this substandard service and attitude. This matter has been an ongoing problem, and the lack of the will to do better and just accepting poor matchday experiences is not what you would believe the club is looking to transition to.

The matchday experience is no longer just watching the game, it is more of an experience to be savoured and not part of an ordeal you just have to be endure..

• Like 1

On 14/08/2021 at 18:44, Unabomber said:

It does blow my mind when I see people eating a pie pre match or half time. I mean it’s such an odd time to eat, just have lunch before the game like a sane person.

It all depends where you live though? I leave home at 12.30 and don’t get back until around 7.. though I take sandwiches haha but still others may have the same issue 

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....probably there are personnel in place who really should not be there!!!

If the same people are still in the positions that controls the day to day running of the club and monitors match day operations. You are going to continually get this substandard service and attitude. This matter has been an ongoing problem, and the lack of the will to do better and just accepting poor matchday experiences is not what you would believe the club is looking to transition to.

The matchday experience is no longer just watching the game, it is more of an experience to be savoured and not part of an ordeal you just have to be endure..

I come from the States, and admittedly our sports last longer, so we spend more time at stadiums...BUT I have always enjoyed a hot dog or burger at a game, be it high school, university, or professional. Food services at the pro level were not bad and even sometimes franchised to fast food chains, even in the 90s (last time I lived in the States).

That being said, I have a high tolerance for crap food. Very crap fair ground awfulness.

I moved to Leicester in 2017, went to my first live game, ordered a sausage roll and literally spat it out in the bin after taking a bite. Never again! The food is disgusting and I can't really see a reason why this has to be the case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I come from the States, and admittedly our sports last longer, so we spend more time at stadiums...BUT I have always enjoyed a hot dog or burger at a game, be it high school, university, or professional. Food services at the pro level were not bad and even sometimes franchised to fast food chains, even in the 90s (last time I lived in the States).

That being said, I have a high tolerance for crap food. Very crap fair ground awfulness.

I moved to Leicester in 2017, went to my first live game, ordered a sausage roll and literally spat it out in the bin after taking a bite. Never again! The food is disgusting and I can't really see a reason why this has to be the case.

....that says it all, send this to the people who deal with the catering contracts for the club!!!

The ultimate argument to the food conundrum!!

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 16:12, Babylon said:

To this day I still don't understand why they don't spend the 45 minutes of the match preparing for half time. Just pour a shit load of beer, it will speed up service, you'll sell more, you'll make more money.... but nah. We'll have about 5 sat there and pour on demand. 

They used to do that.

Wasted to much though as it would be flat and customers would want a fresh pint.

• 3 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Look what they can do in the Conference Premier League… 

In contrast my hot dog the other came in a rock hard roll, and for more than £3.50 I imagine.

D3766BF5-7B3C-4AC5-949F-DC831AFD9F8C.jpeg

I imagine if I ordered that at the game last week I’d still be waiting for it now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/08/2021 at 17:36, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I come from the States, 

That is quite a statement to make seeing as it’s your country that infested our city centres, high streets, service stations with shite greasey fast junk food decades ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, promised land said:

That is quite a statement to make seeing as it’s your country that infested our city centres, high streets, service stations with shite greasey fast junk food decades ago.

I moved out of "my country" to Italy, where I lived for 15 years, surrounded by great food, and except for a few places catering to tourists, where most US fast food chains have failed miserably.

I now live in the UK, and aside from occasionally visiting Five Guys, am still able to avoid US fast food places. If the citizens of the country can't do the same, I don't see how that's on me.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I moved out of "my country" to Italy, where I lived for 15 years, surrounded by great food, and except for a few places catering to tourists, where most US fast food chains have failed miserably.

I now live in the UK, and aside from occasionally visiting Five Guys, am still able to avoid US fast food places. If the citizens of the country can't do the same, I don't see how that's on me.

....I do tend not to use them anymore except for the occasional KFC when I am in a group and we need something quick and convenient!!!

The last time I had something other than a KFC was about 3 years ago and there was less food and even poorer quality. Generic sausages abound from any outlet at the moment and I had to spit out the last sausages from my Greggs bap as it was so bad, just ate the bap on its own, and I was starving.

It seems to be less quality at a higher price, someone is making a killing at our expense.

Edited by sacreblueits442