Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

LCFC food service

The food is particularly shite. I remember Brighton being pretty good actually, so anyone who is there tomorrow report back! Chelsea is wank, and the last time I went to Leeds it wasn’t great either and that was in the home end. 

Huddersfield bizarrely remains one of my favourite away days, unique ground layout, food wasn’t terrible and the pre match music belter after belter.  

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The food is particularly shite. I remember Brighton being pretty good actually, so anyone who is there tomorrow report back! Chelsea is wank, and the last time I went to Leeds it wasn’t great either and that was in the home end. 

Huddersfield bizarrely remains one of my favourite away days, unique ground layout, food wasn’t terrible and the pre match music belter after belter.  

I remember having a particularly nice Balti pie at Villa once. Expecting the usual bland football fare though at Brighton tomorrow. Seaside football grounds should be selling fish & chips in my view, although I know the Amex is quite a way from the shore. I'm sure they sold us amazing fish & chips at Grimsby away, or maybe that was outside the ground? It was a very long time ago, so my memory might be failing me 😄

2 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

All the people here complaining about food smh. Maybe if your ancestors actually used the spices they got from conquering the world, maybe English cuisine wouldn't be as bland as paper. 

The best way to combat this would be to have a toke or two of your user name.

Then, everything will taste lovely.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Swalshed said:

I remember having a particularly nice Balti pie at Villa once. Expecting the usual bland football fare though at Brighton tomorrow. Seaside football grounds should be selling fish & chips in my view, although I know the Amex is quite a way from the shore. I'm sure they sold us amazing fish & chips at Grimsby away, or maybe that was outside the ground? It was a very long time ago, so my memory might be failing me 😄

Cracking pies last time I went to Brighton, in the craft mould. They also had Everards Tiger on. Hard to beat.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The sausage rolls and pies are really good where I’m sat (although a little pricey).  Can’t really be beaten.

10 hours ago, Swalshed said:

Wow, that takes me back. It's many years since I went to Grimsby away (was the ground near Cleethorpes?) I remember it being bitter cold but sticks in the mind for having the best fish and chips afterwards in my life ... and I've had a few 🤣. I seem to remember they had a striker named Mendonca who was always a thorn in our side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow, that takes me back. It's many years since I went to Grimsby away (was the ground near Cleethorpes?) I remember it being bitter cold but sticks in the mind for having the best fish and chips afterwards in my life ... and I've had a few 🤣. I seem to remember they had a striker named Mendonca who was always a thorn in our side.

Yes, it was brass monkeys that night for sure 🥶. Can't remember the game at all tbh. Just recall it taking forever to drive back to Leicester after. 👍

• Like 1

Burton Albion wins for match day food*

*This opinion may be biased as it was there where I had a balti pie about a year after Leicester stopped doing them.

On that point, I don’t rate the new pie supplier we’re using. They taste too nice and pre match I just want a pukka pie that has almost no chicken in, and goes soggy at the bottom. Our pies have been gentrified :unsure:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Huddersfield is one of the best days out you'll find in the football league and I'm saying that having been to over 50 different grounds. There's just something about It that makes it a very enjoyable day. First time I've seen anyone else share my feelings for Huddersfield away. 

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Huddersfield is one of the best days out you'll find in the football league and I'm saying that having been to over 50 different grounds. There's just something about It that makes it a very enjoyable day. First time I've seen anyone else share my feelings for Huddersfield away. 

It really is, like you say it’s one of the better days out. Sticks out all the time to me. Unique setting, food and drink isn’t bad, music is always excellent and generally a decent outing. Shame they’re not in the PL for this reason haha! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What’s the pie / beverage situation at the Amex then?

Decent steak and ale pie 🙂, but no Tiger 👎, so settled for a pint of the local (Harvey's?) bitter which was fine.

Signs above the counter apologising for being short staffed and slow service. Made me smile, because it was still far better than at the KP.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Swalshed said:

Decent steak and ale pie 🙂, but no Tiger 👎, so settled for a pint of the local (Harvey's?) bitter which was fine.

Signs above the counter apologising for being short staffed and slow service. Made me smile, because it was still far better than at the KP.

Sounds like some decent decision-making, unlike some of the things that happened on the pitch!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Sounds like some decent decision-making, unlike some of the things that happened on the pitch!

Too right. 

We never got started first half and deserved nothing. BR under pressure now to bench Madders next match. Only their second goal seemed to spark us into life. 

On the plus side, Lookman looks real quality.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Isn't Huddersfield the away where they flog the unsold pies off cheap at the end of the game, as well? Sure I've seen a swarm of fans after dirt cheap pies just outside the exit gates...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

100m training facility 

Ambitious ground plans 

Hospitality choice, quality and delivery currently none league standard 

Harsh. Hospitality choice, quality and delivery is decent at none league level.  You'd not be queuing for 30 minutes for an over priced warm pint of crap beer there. 

In the grand scheme of things I don't think catering is much of a money spinner, even with the extorted prices. 

I'd guess £50k  profit from an average match day which is peanuts really when you consider the turnover at the club.

Someone somewhere needs to upgrade everything to do with food and drink -for example the quality of ingredients and the fundamentals of the service as a starter. It might even cost £25k of profits on a match day but it's such an easy fix to keep people happy with such a basic human need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/09/2021 at 18:15, promised land said:

That is quite a statement to make seeing as it’s your country that infested our city centres, high streets, service stations with shite greasey fast junk food decades ago.

Because prior to that your only option was botulism and bread

D684D398-D1AA-4FB1-BCA5-81B6BB91F2DC.jpeg