Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

LCFC food service

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I couldn't believe how bad the service was at Moscow the other night, waited almost 20 minutes and still hadn't been served, in the end gave up and went back for the second half.

Why don't they pre-pour pints? It's laughable how stupid the current system is.

...did another poster state that Leicester had previously did this but there was a lot of wastes as people were not prepared to drink flat beer!!!

I imagine the club are almost definitely looking into this - it's a no-brainer really. There's a demand for beers and food at the ground, particularly at half time, and the club wants to make more money and keep the fans happy.

There's so many new ways of serving beers at large events now, self serving machines, those glasses (containers) that fill rapidly from the bottom. Some of the items that parents have to queue for for their younger kids (me included) like cans/bottles of pop and chocolate bars could easily be sold through vending machines, especially in the family stands.

Genuinely think the club could sort this out quite quickly really, maybe they have plans which will coincide with the expansion etc. but can't see why they wouldn't act on it sooner.

• Like 1

The Moscow game, the refreshment service in the family stand was an absolute disgrace you shouldn’t be queuing 25 minutes to get served, the staff are horrendous, they really should be managed better, then add to the card machine taking over 30 seconds it’s disgusting, not one member of staff that was serving had no urgency, and what makes it even more odd they were being overlooked by a supervisor!!! On top of that the beer was warm!! 

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I couldn't believe how bad the service was at Moscow the other night, waited almost 20 minutes and still hadn't been served, in the end gave up and went back for the second half.

Why don't they pre-pour pints? It's laughable how stupid the current system is.

Beer is flat enough as it is

Its not just at the King Power though. We went to Oadby Racecourse Saturday night for the Rainbows Firework display. We queued for 35 minutes for a drink, there was 4 people serving behind the bar, and the queues at the food outlets looked even longer. Surely the management for these events know how many to expect (it was pre booking only) so they should be geared up for it. 

They should use the old theatre interval system, you pay for your drink before the start of the match then they leave them all out on a table arranged alphabetically with your name on a piece of paper, then you come down at the interval and find yours. Simple. I'm sure nobody would abuse this system :whistle:.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Its the least efficient service you can imagine. went down at 40mins at the Moscow game and queued until the start of half time. To be told they had ran out of Kopperberg. So I had a Chang but didn't like the taste. Won't bother again.

If you want a Kopperberg at half time just buy one from the shop before and decant it into a vimto bottle or something? You can drink it in your seat then if you really want one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

The Moscow game, the refreshment service in the family stand was an absolute disgrace you shouldn’t be queuing 25 minutes to get served, the staff are horrendous, they really should be managed better, then add to the card machine taking over 30 seconds it’s disgusting, not one member of staff that was serving had no urgency, and what makes it even more odd they were being overlooked by a supervisor!!! On top of that the beer was warm!! 

...the last game I went to the service was as you described, sad it hasn't improved since then!!!

It was strange to look at the people serving who saw no need to speed up as the queue became deeper and deeper. Thinks will never improve unless there is a will to do better and the club needs to address this!!

15 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Nobody was Russian then...

Half time queues is a problem that has always been there that is impossible to solve. Not just at LCFC 

How do you suddenly serve thousands of people in a twenty minute window with limited space at your disposal.

You also don’t employ the staff for twenty minutes, so even doubling staff wouldn’t be financially worth it.

The sums will have been done many many times and nobody has yet been able to solve.

Opening the gates and having external vans would create a logistical nightmare, and again is it worth it for a 20 minute sales slot. 

1 minute ago, Rob1742 said:

Half time queues is a problem that has always been there that is impossible to solve. Not just at LCFC 

How do you suddenly serve thousands of people in a twenty minute window with limited space at your disposal.

You also don’t employ the staff for twenty minutes, so even doubling staff wouldn’t be financially worth it.

The sums will have been done many many times and nobody has yet been able to solve.

Opening the gates and having external vans would create a logistical nightmare, and again is it worth it for a 20 minute sales slot. 

Haven’t Spurs got those things that can pour a perfect pint in 5 seconds or something? Fundamentally this is about saving time and that would seem a good start 

Maybe the widening of the concourses behind the North and south stands in the proposed new building at the ground is going to tackle this issue? I went to the MKdons ground a few seasons ago and concourse inside the ground was large and spacious with plenty of outlets for food and beer. The more outlets the less queues?

31 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

A) Its only a problem if its allowed to be a problem. Other grounds manage far better than us.Take a trip to MK Dons for one.

B) Don't look at a captive audience of many thousands as a negative. Keep it simple until facilities improve. Pie £5.00 Pint £5 in express queues. I like the majority gave up a while back, crazy waste of custom.

C) Correct you don't. Better facilities/ service would encourage more to arrive early and use, would also encourage more uptake at halftime. Cinemas make more on concessions than on actual movie. Your logic suggests all cinemas, theatres, gigs and basically all other events should fail.

D) The catering has been as bad as its ever been particularly speed of service and queues. It CAN be solved if wanted. Out of site out of mind, The clubs hierarchy are most probably oblivious to how poor it is.

E) Incorrect. I used the outside facility on many occasions and did not see a nightmare.Vans could park on street pre match, move to the controlled zones outside the ground at half time and more back to street position for the post match rush. As the catering in the ground is tendered out to Compass Catering this may create a business conflict but one they need to sort

May seem a smart ass but its what I've done for decades. I believe all catering was handed to Compass pre the current owners (bit like 18884 bar situation) massive mistake then and now but no doubt tied.

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

20 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

A) Its only a problem if its allowed to be a problem. Other grounds manage far better than us.Take a trip to MK Dons for one.

B) Don't look at a captive audience of many thousands as a negative. Keep it simple until facilities improve. Pie £5.00 Pint £5 in express queues. I like the majority gave up a while back, crazy waste of custom.

C) Correct you don't. Better facilities/ service would encourage more to arrive early and use, would also encourage more uptake at halftime. Cinemas make more on concessions than on actual movie. Your logic suggests all cinemas, theatres, gigs and basically all other events should fail.

D) The catering has been as bad as its ever been particularly speed of service and queues. It CAN be solved if wanted. Out of site out of mind, The clubs hierarchy are most probably oblivious to how poor it is.

E) Incorrect. I used the outside facility on many occasions and did not see a nightmare.Vans could park on street pre match, move to the controlled zones outside the ground at half time and more back to street position for the post match rush. As the catering in the ground is tendered out to Compass Catering this may create a business conflict but one they need to sort

May seem a smart ass but its what I've done for decades. I believe all catering was handed to Compass pre the current owners (bit like 18884 bar situation) massive mistake then and now but no doubt tied.

Just specifically this point and MK Dons, I am sure it is a lot easier when you only pull in an average of 8-9k a game spread out across a 30k stadium.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just specifically this and MK Dons, I am sure it is a lot easier when you only pull in an average of 8-9k a game spread out across a 30k stadium.

Even with lower crowds the MKDons ground is far superior to ours from the spacious seating to the wide concourses and catering. I wish we had a ground like that.

Has there been any feedback given to the club regarding this? Whilst I'm sure Top and Susan Whelan have bigger fish to fry, I'm sure the club would be interested to know that fan satisfaction in this area is very low. They seem to care about fan satisfaction with the free beers and scarfs/t shirts etc they have given away over the years, so surely the club would be keen to rectify this. Especially now with the stadium expansion on the horizon, this should be something to be improved. Aside from the fan satisfaction aspect, the club has the potential to make money if they do this well. They don't even need to reduce the prices, just have better quality food and drink and have competent staff that can deliver a good, quick service. I'm surprised that the likes of Mcdonalds/costa etc have never tried to get into football stadiums with little kiosks but I suppose it could be difficult to staff etc when they would only be open once a week/every other week. 

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Haven’t Spurs got those things that can pour a perfect pint in 5 seconds or something? Fundamentally this is about saving time and that would seem a good start 

Having seen the Spurs concourse in action when I went for the Joshua fight, it is a joke. Spent 55 minutes in a queue waiting for the staff to figure out how to use the pour from the bottom taps. Wasted endless glasses and small quantities of beer trying to figure it out before they finally did. The pint was flat as well. First and last time I buy anything from in-stadium catering. If catering didn’t exist in grounds, you’d miss it for a few weeks before realising what an idiot you were for ever buying anything from them 

• Haha 1