Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

LCFC food service

Lots of grounds around the country are having the same service problems. Much of the regular catering staff (not just concourses, also corporate hospitality etc.) would've left or found other employment during the pandemic. 

Most of the staff will be new, part time youngsters, and I imagine hastily recruited. 

I remember working part-time in a customer-facing role on weekends to earn a bit of cash when I was a teenager. I would've rather have been anywhere else every single shift. I hated it.

I know it's frustrating, but we should probably go easy on them. 

Edited by RoboFox

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Cant be much of a part time job... working for a few hours every other week.

Be a pool of staff and they bring them in for corporate events in the week. Zero hour contract. 

When my partner was a student, she applied. Pretty much if you had experience in ‘hospitality’ you were used in corporate areas. If you had none put on the concourses. Lots of promises for the staff about training days etc. Never happened. She quit literally a hour into the job when she realised what farce this was going to be. 

To be fair wasn’t the worst experience when it came to try to work as a student. Was one restaurant which had a very good name in Leicester asked her to do a trial shift. Was actually assisting on a evening function at a much larger event than their restaurant. Finished her shift at 1am. No call back. No pay. No nothing. She asked around the others who she met when she did the shift if they got a job. No. It was all a ruse to get free labour. 

28 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We have some decent food vans in Leicestershire, doubt the cost for hiring for Match day would be that expensive. 

There’s been plenty of chances to do this outside of the ground but I’m fairly sure the fans are on a contract with Compass. 

Some PL clubs invite all different street vans. Villa in particular go to town with it. When I went Barrow, they even had it in a fan zone selling draught beer 

On 14/08/2021 at 20:12, Raj said:

Be tight like me and take your own half time snack!

Like others have said why the need for a full on pie fest just a couple of hours after lunch.

No wonder we have so many fatties in this country!!!!

Nothing like Pie & chips,  maybe just Pie, after the match...

Then a cold night week game, or the old Saturday games, going into winter & enjoying Fish n chips/ Balti pie while walking home. Showing with the chips how they should of played the game then eating the spoils .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Looking at the plans to extend the concourse areas of the North & South stands, it looks (possibly) like the service areas could be 360 degrees! Just imagine the utter chaos of the catering staff having 4 sides to serve!!?? 🤣

Top & the board could come down to help..Put the bloody clapper down and put on a pinny..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Having seen the Spurs concourse in action when I went for the Joshua fight, it is a joke. Spent 55 minutes in a queue waiting for the staff to figure out how to use the pour from the bottom taps. Wasted endless glasses and small quantities of beer trying to figure it out before they finally did. The pint was flat as well. First and last time I buy anything from in-stadium catering. If catering didn’t exist in grounds, you’d miss it for a few weeks before realising what an idiot you were for ever buying anything from them 

If they had no bottle(s) that would be even more Spursy! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted we have a self service option today. Decided to use it instead of queieing. What a debacle. The list of “collect” numbers never seemed to go above 1 order and there were people standing about doing nothing. It seems the only way to get your order is go up and tell them you are waiting. Tried to fob me off first time then I said you are literally doing nothing so might as well do my two hot drinks. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Spotted we have a self service option today. Decided to use it instead of queieing. What a debacle. The list of “collect” numbers never seemed to go above 1 order and there were people standing about doing nothing. It seems the only way to get your order is go up and tell them you are waiting. Tried to fob me off first time then I said you are literally doing nothing so might as well do my two hot drinks. 

Tried the same, only way to actually get it was to queue for the actual till and give them your number and THEN they would serve what you ordered

15 minutes for 2 bottles of water and a tea ffs

Edited by moore_94

• 3 months later...

Shout out to whoever served my son on Saturday when I stupidly sent him along with cash to buy some drinks. 
told him it was card only and then proceeded to give him the 4 drinks he ordered free of charge 😂

whoever you were, I salute you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, FLAN said:

Shout out to whoever served my son on Saturday when I stupidly sent him along with cash to buy some drinks. 
told him it was card only and then proceeded to give him the 4 drinks he ordered free of charge 😂

Shout out to your son for telling you what happened and not just pocketing the money you gave him lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FLAN said:

There are at least some benefits to using agency staff that do not give a flying fvck lol 

• Like 1